Cancel culture

Self-appointed defender of women from 'perverts' with cocks Graham Linehan, taking to the internet to howl outrage at a venue for punting a guy who pulled his cock out in front of women, is some look.

Presumably if Sadowitz had been wearing a wearing a wig and make-up Linehan would be playing a totally different tune.

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Graham Linehan, Stuart Campbell et al are getting very het up about this, not sure if they're the support Jerry needs in these difficult times.

“Guilt by association” is arguably as big a problem as cancel culture is.

Not particularly interested in Linehan or Campbell either way, but in the eyes of many their endorsement is automatically enough for them to make their minds up and condemn Sadowitz without knowing the details.

A pathetic way to approach things as an adult, but it’s where we are.

1 minute ago, anotherchance said:

Not particularly interested in Linehan or Campbell either way, but in the eyes of many their endorsement is automatically enough for them to make their minds up and condemn Sadowitz without knowing the details.

I’m not taking it as an endorsement, more just trying to hitch their wagon onto something, anything. Nobody even bothers trolling Linehan’s Twitter sock account anymore. 

14 minutes ago, anotherchance said:

Not me sir, as I said I've booked a show to decide for myself. But Linehan etc are definitely trying to adopt him to their obsessions, something from the little I know about him I doubt he'll be happy about.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not me sir, as I said I've booked a show to decide for myself. But Linehan etc are definitely trying to adopt him to their obsessions, something from the little I know about him I doubt he'll be happy about.

Agree and I wasn’t getting at you - my point is that it’ll be an open and shut case in the eyes of many simply because of said hangers on.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

That's like when someone makes a massive c**t of themselves on here and start getting "u OK ***?" replies from the troll accounts and bigots.

Sadowitz doesn't seem the type to give a flying f**k about whether he's liked or not, so I don't think they'll manage to recruit a new member to their Billy No-Mates gang.

Would be interested to hear the context of the controversial comments.

If he genuinely outright called Sunak the 'p word' and did so an insult, then Sadowitz can f**k so far off.

If it was part of his routine and not him saying that was what he genuinely believed that I don't see an issue (for example as part of a bit as to why Tories wouldn't vote for him).

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Would be interested to hear the context of the controversial comments.

If he genuinely outright called Sunak the 'p word' and did so an insult, then Sadowitz can f**k so far off.

If it was part of his routine and not him saying that was what he genuinely believed that I don't see an issue (for example as part of a bit as to why Tories wouldn't vote for him).

He wouldn't need to use that word even if it was "a bit" but regardless why does Sadowitz beliefs matter? He writes comedy not legislation. 

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Does anyone know the jokes/comments that got him banned?  If so they are in a position to express an opinion, if not then they’re not.

This could have been part of it.