Cancel culture

I'm annoyed that mighty boosh and league of gentleman got cancelled from Netflix because some white person decided that a clown was somehow racist.

Did anyone ever think that was a portrayal of a black face and not a clown/circus guy?

I can see the arguement for little Britain but even then just stop being butthurt on other people's behalf.
They ripped the pish out of scottish folk as well.

Just now, D.A.F.C said:

I'm annoyed that mighty boosh and league of gentleman got cancelled from Netflix because some white person decided that a clown was somehow racist.

Did anyone ever think that was a portrayal of a black face and not a clown/circus guy?

I can see the arguement for little Britain but even then just stop being butthurt on other people's behalf.
They ripped the pish out of scottish folk as well.

You can buy the box set off Amazon and watch it until your heart is content.

Alternatively, you could not do that and continue to be annoyed that you can't watch a very specific programme on a very specific streaming channel and then bore the rest of us to death on here with your "HOW IS THIS FAIR?" pish.

You seem the one that is most "butthurt" here. You're utterly relentless.

19 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

What has JK Rowling been cancelled from? Some consumers have decided not to buy her books because they disagree with her frankly abhorrent trolling and bullying of a minority community. The idea that people cannot choose to not consume someone’s art because of their views is absurd. 

Playing down JK Rowling’s opinions as ‘one utterance,’ massively downplays her consistent attacks, only today she is peddling retransitioning as if it is a common thing, where in actual fact .5% of transgender people will  look to do so.

She is a massive bigot whether she’s an ‘obnoxious c**t,’ or not. 

Suggest you look in a mirror.

Alternatively, you could not do that and continue to be annoyed that you can't watch a very specific programme on a very specific streaming channel and then bore the rest of us to death on here with your "HOW IS THIS FAIR?" pish.
^^^offended by a statue type post

37 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Pish, pish and more pish. Farage has stood for election to the House of Commons in 5 general elections and 2 by-elections and has lost every single fucking one of them. If the people in his constituency don't want to hear his views, why are they forced on the rest of the nation?

How much of a platform do actual, elected Green MPs/MSPs get in the press? Fucking none. So this "democracy deserves to hear from everyone" line is absolute nonsense.

Because FPTP is pish. 

40 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I assume the Mighty Boosh episode is the one with the  jazz guy who pretends to be Howard’s father/second cousin twice removed.  It is black face.  No question about it, even if there’s no malice it’s still a white guy dressed up as a black man, ergo black face.  It may or may not be racist, but to broadcast it is totally tone deaf.  And, of course, a non issue that even the writers and actors involved aren’t complaining about.  

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I assume the Mighty Boosh episode is the one with the  jazz guy who pretends to be Howard’s father/second cousin twice removed.  It is black face.  No question about it, even if there’s no malice it’s still a white guy dressed up as a black man, ergo black face.  It may or may not be racist, but to broadcast it is totally tone deaf.  And, of course, a non issue that even the writers and actors involved aren’t complaining about.  

He's a skeleton I thought? The Spirit of Jazz is as blackface as the band Kiss.

The character Rudy on the other hand...

Yarn | Rudi Van Der Saniel, jazz fusion guitarist. ~ The Mighty ...

2 hours ago, ali_91 said:

This is absolutely it. No matter what your centrist da’s like Pandarilla and JTS think, free ‘speech’ applies to both those speaking and those offering the platform.

The idea that fascists should be given a platform because they will lose the debate is absolutely fanciful, giving fascists a platform leads to radicalisation.

I wonder if the reaction would be the same were it suggested we should give Abu Hamza a seat on question time? BuT fREe SpeECh, bEAt tHeM wITh DEbaTE!!!

I'd watch that question time

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

He's a skeleton I thought? The Spirit of Jazz is as blackface as the band Kiss.

The character Rudy on the other hand...

Yarn | Rudi Van Der Saniel, jazz fusion guitarist. ~ The Mighty ...

There’s that guy as well.  There are actually a few, in fairness.  

30 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

^^^offended by a statue type post

It's hilarious that you've spent pages, days even (days which included a time out ban from a mod FFS), bemoaning that folk are victimising and assuming things about you based on a few posts on here, and yet here you are assuming I have a problem with a statue based on one single post.

Yer mask has long slipped.

57 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I’m sorry, there’s probably a perfectly valid debate about ‘cancel culture’ to be had.

’Whether JK Rowling is a horrible transphobic bigot’ isn’t a debate - she quite simply, and openly, is one. 

Didn't she say that people who menstruate were called women?

I'm on a few lgbt forums/fb groups and opinions seem to be fairly evenly split on it.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Didn't she say that people who menstruate were called women?

I'm on a few lgbt forums/fb groups and opinions seem to be fairly evenly split on it.

I think that was the start of it, but she’s recently been comparing gender confirmation surgery to gay conversion therapy, amongst other things. 

In any case, “people who menstruate” and “women” aren’t synonyms of each other.

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

1 minute ago, ali_91 said:

DD2F2017-D857-4C1A-9F50-2A4C3A490F50.jpeg.e2d2b9f982ecb942d298cef24255a6a1.jpegImagine someone with this as their twitter bio trying to have a go at someone else for not being sane. 

A Union Jack anywhere near the twitter handle is the calling card of a very aggressive, unpleasant moron. Some video nonetheless. 

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

A Union Jack anywhere near the twitter handle is the calling card of a very aggressive, unpleasant moron. Some video nonetheless. 

and the "Infidel" label is claimed with pride by people who almost certainly think it's Arabic as opposed to Latin

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

3 minutes ago, ali_91 said:

Agreed with the first part, and the video confuses the life out of me, but what is being said does absolutely no harm to me or anyone else whatsoever, and so I wouldn’t get worked up about it, can imagine it triggers the life out of Union Jack twitter though, and as such I’m very much a fan of the content. 

Aye, I read the poster talking about a hairy transgender guy using unisex toilets and this Individual popped into my mind.  Very strange indeed.