New signings?

3 hours ago, StarStriker9 said:

any news on signings ?!

vale, saints and threave looking strong with there auditions to there squads. 

Nithsdale struggling ? 

Them 3 for the league and rest will battle out the rest of positions 

2 hours ago, SaintMan said:

Them 3 for the league and rest will battle out the rest of positions 

Stranraer will win the League ! Already strong and great additions undoubtedly 

1 hour ago, Tamscoobie81 said:

I hear they’ve went the other way and lost the majority of their good players 

What players have they lost ? Not seen any of their names popping up with other teams unless they’ve went other way like Ayrshire 

On 07/07/2020 at 15:11, StarStriker9 said:

any news on signings ?!

vale, saints and threave looking strong with there auditions to there squads. 

Nithsdale struggling ? 

Going by the Nithsdale twitter account they don’t seem to be struggling. Looks like majority of last seasons squad retained with 4/5 new faces added in. 

Abbey vale and threave also been busy going by the twitter accounts. 

13 hours ago, SaintMan said:

Anyone know who they’ve signed?

Dolly apparently , Caldo returning from Threave , Dean Agnew coming back and other rumours that guys returning from the Juniors 

11 hours ago, Tamscoobie81 said:

I hear they’ve went the other way and lost the majority of their good players 

You’ve heard wrong Tam 

Edited by AML67

On 08/07/2020 at 21:12, AML67 said:

Dolly apparently , Caldo returning from Threave , Dean Agnew coming back and other rumours that guys returning from the Juniors 

Yes just heard today that Dean Agnew and Andrew Donley have supposedly signed with Reserves.... nothing on Caldo or anyone else 

10 hours ago, SaintMan said:

Yes just heard today that Dean Agnew and Andrew Donley have supposedly signed with Reserves.... nothing on Caldo or anyone else 

He’s there too ...... take it from me ! Johnny Baxter too apparently until he leaves for pastures new later in the year.  Anyone thinks Threave , Saints , Abbey Vale or anyone else will keep pace with that potential line up is deluded at best ....... 

40 minutes ago, AML67 said:

He’s there too ...... take it from me ! Johnny Baxter too apparently until he leaves for pastures new later in the year.  Anyone thinks Threave , Saints , Abbey Vale or anyone else will keep pace with that potential line up is deluded at best ....... 

On that case then they’re going be super strong. Take it they’ve kept everyone else such as defence and midfield?

Season is going to be very interesting - looking forward to it and hopefully the Saints can cause some upsets :D

1 minute ago, SaintMan said:

On that case then they’re going be super strong. Take it they’ve kept everyone else such as defence and midfield?

Season is going to be very interesting - looking forward to it and hopefully the Saints can cause some upsets :D

They’ll be strong alright I’d suggest and as for Saints , who knows ! 

On 10/07/2020 at 21:29, SaintMan said:

Lewis McIntyre has signed with the first team. 

3 hours ago, Tamscoobie81 said:

With Stranraer taking the step down to League 2 I wouldn’t be surprised to see the better players in the reserve team moving up to the first team. 

Possibly Tam but if I’m honest I can’t see them taking too many chances with the youngsters because if they have another poor season they could potentially end up risking Lowland League football and that’s a scenario I personally doubt they might ever return from ! Just my opinion but I’d reckon they’ll spend some of the Rangers cash to acquire a few proven players for this level in an attempt to bounce back straight away. 

I think most people realise that there are several very decent teams in LL that are certainly better than the perennial strugglers in League 2 and once the WOSFL adds a few more strong outfits it’ll be nearly impossible for them to the SPFL any time soon. The real shame is that this Pyramid currently stifles these forward thinking sides and I for one would love to see 2 promotion places available for those looking to progress and help revitalise Scottish Football which is long verdure 

3 hours ago, AML67 said:

Possibly Tam but if I’m honest I can’t see them taking too many chances with the youngsters because if they have another poor season they could potentially end up risking Lowland League football and that’s a scenario I personally doubt they might ever return from ! Just my opinion but I’d reckon they’ll spend some of the Rangers cash to acquire a few proven players for this level in an attempt to bounce back straight away. 

I think most people realise that there are several very decent teams in LL that are certainly better than the perennial strugglers in League 2 and once the WOSFL adds a few more strong outfits it’ll be nearly impossible for them to the SPFL any time soon. The real shame is that this Pyramid currently stifles these forward thinking sides and I for one would love to see 2 promotion places available for those looking to progress and help revitalise Scottish Football which is long verdure 

Going by Stranraer Facebook they have signed a lot of good players and used that rangers money so must be going for it to get straight back up. Doubt they will use any of reserve boys unless struggling maybe... Lewis Mccintyre will be a miss 

13 hours ago, SaintMan said:

Going by Stranraer Facebook they have signed a lot of good players and used that rangers money so must be going for it to get straight back up. Doubt they will use any of reserve boys unless struggling maybe... Lewis Mccintyre will be a miss 

With only 16 signed players there’s a very real possibility of some of the reserves going up as we seen last season. 

6 hours ago, Tamscoobie81 said:

With only 16 signed players there’s a very real possibility of some of the reserves going up as we seen last season. 

One of their Reserves works for me and he says they’ve made really good signings and he fully expects them to compete at the right end of League 2 this Season ! I still believe there’ll be limited opportunities for these young lads although I might be wrong and time will tell 

On 15/07/2020 at 17:39, AML67 said:

One of their Reserves works for me and he says they’ve made really good signings and he fully expects them to compete at the right end of League 2 this Season ! I still believe there’ll be limited opportunities for these young lads although I might be wrong and time will tell 

Would guess it will be much the same. First team running with a small squad, fill the bench with reserves when there are injuries or suspensions, take them up to Angus Or Elgin and give them two minutes football. 
Don’t think the manager realises  how good some of there boys are. Not one of them has looked out of place when given the opportunity. 
Credit to the South team last season, second half of the season they were losing their best players week in week out and still looked a terrific team.