The Famous Aberdeen’s European (Tour?) 2020

Frank Grimes

Guest Bob Mahelp

This was a Sporting side there for the taking, but we were far too timid for 80 minutes. 

The referee was an abomination, but you have to be clever enough to know how to play him. We weren't. 

Away to f**k with the platitudes that'll undoubtedly come about ' competed well' and all that. We could have won that game. 

I don't think we deserved to lose that but we never really looked like scoring.

Unfortunately we're going to mill about this level with McInnes in charge. Too feart to take the chance but too smart to fall away from the best of the rest. 91st minute, 1-0 down and we have 6 men on the edge of our box.

That was shite

They got the early goal and managed us comfortably from there. Soaked up what little we offered. Did we have a shot on target?

I don’t think they got out of 1st/2nd gear.

As ever we turned up for a counter or a set piece. Ref called the game in a way which nullified the set piece threat and we gave an early goal which nullified the possible counter threat.

Edited by kent_don

Same old QR3 story - off we go to a Southern European venue and are content to be neat and tidy, without ever looking like we have the belief.

Falling into the trap of giving one of these fannybatter refs the excuse to just blow his whistle endlessly.

Coates different class for them.

That was shite
They got the early goal and managed us comfortably from there. Soaked up what little we offered. Did we have a shot on target?
I don’t think they got out of 1st/2nd gear.
As ever we turned up for a counter or a set piece. Ref called the game in a way which nullified the set piece threat and we gave an early goal which nullified the possible counter threat.

I must have watched a different game.

I thought we were excellent and the players should be proud of themselves.