The Famous Aberdeen’s European (Tour?) 2020

Frank Grimes

Phew. 
When we were bypassing midfield for the first 15 mins i had the fear. 
I don't think most of the players realised how much better than them we were for a while. The old "too much respect". 
I know it's hard to judge how successful it was based on that game but i think the Mcgeough /Ferguson pairing should be our starting midfield. 
Job done. Easy draw please. 
Yup. I was very impressed with mcgeoch. But agree the opposition were at a level where scot Wright tends to look like a world beater.

16 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Good stat from the “Here We Go” lads. Last night’s win was Aberdeen’s 38th in European competitions. Hearts and Hibs have 37...between them.

I assume this includes Hibs' "invitation" to the champions cup when we'd won the league? 

8 hours ago, coprolite said:

Phew. 

When we were bypassing midfield for the first 15 mins i had the fear. 

I don't think most of the players realised how much better than them we were for a while. The old "too much respect". 

I know it's hard to judge how successful it was based on that game but i think the Mcgeough /Ferguson pairing should be our starting midfield. 

Job done. Easy draw please. 

Especially when we're keeping the ball on the deck. 

18 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I assume this includes Hibs' "invitation" to the champions cup when we'd won the league? 

I know. Denied the chance to be the first Scottish winners of the European Cup by the Scottish football authorities. We could have been the Paris Panthers.

37 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I have no idea whether Viking are any good or not, but they sound like the sort of team Aberdeen would lose to with a late goal on away goals.  

"Aberdeen and Viking met each other three times to contest the Energy Cities Community Cup in 2015, 2013 and 2012, with the Dons winning on every occasion"

AccurateAntiqueCrocodileskink-max-1mb.gif.d3f39c5b33ab2a33869ade959a609b94.gif

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

I have no idea whether Viking are any good or not, but they sound like the sort of team Aberdeen would lose to with a late goal on away goals.  

well we certainly wont be losing on away goals

Worst draw we could have got - McInnes hasn't been lucky with a lot of draws in the Europa League. 

Viking in Europe has had some great wins I suppose their best was knocking out Sporting Lisbon in 1999 and Chelsea in 2002.  They also qualified for the group stages in 2005 knocking out Austria Vienna  and  also won against Monaco in the Group Stages. 

They qualified in Europe by winning the Norwegian Cup last season. Hopefully not as strong as other teams in the Norwegian league.  

Edited by betting competition