Black and white stripes

4 hours ago, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

According to a very reliable source of information which we now call the internet, St.Mirren was the first team in the world to adopt black and white stripes as a kit design. 
Self evidently, we are not including teams who may have cut about a bit in the 1870s/1880s but are now forgotten. 

I don't think there were many, if any any clubs in the 1870s or 80s who wore vertical stripes at all regardless of colour. Most football shirts back then were horizontal or plain. 

Now, are we not the reason Juventus play in Black and White too...?

Did we not give them some strips or something, back in the day...?

Andre Pirlo could send me a crate of vino from his vinyard to say thanks for supporting the mighty Buds for 46 years.  

2 minutes ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

Now, are we not the reason Juventus play in Black and White too...?

Did we not give them some strips or something, back in the day...?

Andre Pirlo could send me a crate of vino from his vinyard to say thanks for supporting the mighty Buds for 46 years.  

It was Notts County.

On 04/07/2020 at 10:55, Wee Jock Poopong McPlop said:

According to a very reliable source of information which we now call the internet, St.Mirren was the first team in the world to adopt black and white stripes as a kit design. 
Self evidently, we are not including teams who may have cut about a bit in the 1870s/1880s but are now forgotten. 

Pointless.gif.af4e5a5d6d4562492163ad4e573b7753.gif

21 hours ago, Steve McQueen said:

In Scottish clubs I always think of st Mirren as black with white stripes & Dunfermline as white with black stripes.

There is a difference IMO

Also since about the millennium it seems, Dunfermline’s shirts have mostly tended to look like the cheapest crap available which they’ve glued the crest and sponsor onto themselves.