Lewis Capaldi hatred thread

I've always struggled to put down why I took such an immediate and permanent dislike to him, until I figured out a wee pet theory - it's that he's a carbon copy of Ed Sheeran with every single fucking song he shits out, right down to the song titles sounding like they're from Ed Sheeran.

Replace Capaldi's vocals with Ed Sheeran and I'd just be going "oh wow cool listen to that, another bland, generic pop song"

One Ed Sheeran was more than enough imo.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

His music is dull, dire stuff, totally boring and bland, and is absolutely unsuited to festivals but he seems to draw big crowds to such gigs.

He seems an ok lad though.

Have people not forgotten about him yet? There was a spell last year where every second post on social media seemed to be whatever shite he was posting, I haven't seen anything in ages apart from a pish eBay ad.

1 hour ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Should maybe be in the music forum but I feel he's enough a ubiquitous presence in Scotland at the moment to merit General Nonsense. 

I can tolerate and often actively enjoy shite music but I'm genuinely at the end of my fucking tether with the c**t. Think the tipping point has been having to relive his FEUD with Noel Gallagher and antics at Glastonbury this time last year all over again on social media for some reason.  I thought Gerry Cinnamon mania was bad enough but now I long for the halcyon days of summer 2017. 

Not ashamed to say that he's got me proper #rattled.

Join the queue.

Music is definitely overrated but I find him funny. He's not taking himself too seriously and just enjoying himself while he can. I can see why people think he's trying too hard but I find him pretty inoffensive. 

The only thing I find irritating about him is describing his hometown, Bathgate, as being "just outside Glasgow."

Have people not forgotten about him yet? There was a spell last year where every second post on social media seemed to be whatever shite he was posting, I haven't seen anything in ages apart from a pish eBay ad.
Yeah, that's what I thought too. Then again, I also thought that I hadn't heard about Gerry Cinnamon in a while and then saw he'd sold out Hampden.