Lewis Capaldi hatred thread

pandarilla's descent into an insistent centrist and self-appointed voice of reason was bad enough on the coronavirus thread, but attempting defend Gerry Cinnamon as a man of talent, authenticity and lyricism is too much, sorry
[emoji8]

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

This is exactly why I like Lewis Capaldi.

If he was on stage and P&B were a heckling crowd telling him he’s a c**t and his music’s shite; you just know he’d just stand there flicking his nips goading and laughing like ‘Away back to your wee fitbaw forum ya absolute tadgers!’

It seems more likely he'd greet.

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

If he was on stage and P&B were a heckling crowd telling him he’s a c**t and his music’s shite; you just know he’d just stand there flicking his nips goading and laughing like ‘Away back to your wee fitbaw forum ya absolute tadgers!’

We already knew that the Venn diagram of 'faeces-throwing simpleton' and 'Lewis Capaldi fan' would form a perfect circle, thanks for your tragic input anyway. 

Edited by vikingTON

Any large successful popstar who puts out an act of being down to earth and just like a normal person is doing just that, acting.  If they really were like that in rea life they would be a shite entertainer as you need a huge personality to have the confidence and belief to perform for a massive audience and TV and internet.  Being talented at something is only half the battle ,  like billy conelly said in one of shitey roadshow programs  ; There's a difference between being funny and being a comedian,  a funny person tells good jokes at a wedding but a comedian has to do it when they feel unwell or if they've just had terrible news or the crowd really aren't up for it, they get heckled they get shite reviews , you name it. 

I'm not really a fan of his, he is also playing up to  this modern middle class wannabe culture of " look at me am a pure mad glesca rocket ah drink tonic and smoke rollies n that pure boggin no " , except you only started doin that when you were an adult .  never the less he can do something we can't . you or I would likely freeze up mid way onto walking on stage

4 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I rest my case:

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

That quoted post from 8MileBU 😑

‘Away back to your wee fitbaw forum ya absolute tadgers!’

Good lord!

^^^ Absolute tadger.

2 hours ago, virginton said:

We already knew that the Venn diagram of 'faeces-throwing simpleton' and 'Lewis Capaldi fan' would form a perfect circle, thanks for your tragic input anyway. 

^^^ Toothless tadger. 

I’m not a fan either btw. His music is awful. 

On 07/07/2020 at 10:42, pandarilla said:

Capaldi has had one massive hit. He writes soppy love songs and so far, hasn't proven himself to be anything other than a one hit wonder.

Five top-ten singles so far and two number-ones. I'm afraid he can't be classed as a one-hit wonder. I'm not a massive fan of his music and I think the vast majority of it sounds very similar, but fair play to him.

Five top-ten singles so far and two number-ones. I'm afraid he can't be classed as a one-hit wonder. I'm not a massive fan of his music and I think the vast majority of it sounds very similar, but fair play to him.
Has he had that many hits? Really?

f**k me. I take that particular comment back then.

My wife has just informed me that i do know one of these other songs - 'hold me while you wait'. It's not bad.

I agree with those who say it's very samey but still, i was wrong to say he's just had the one big hit.

11 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

OMG have you seen that video of Lewis Capaldi calling a group of guys “absolute tadgers?” I was howling emoji23.png he’s just soooooo funny!

That post gets worse every time I read it in the Detournement quote. I'm cringing wildly.

I don’t think he’s that bad, it’s just the amount his music gets played is absolutely nauseating, you would end up hating any music if you have to hear it that much. 
I've hated every Lewis Capaldi song the first time I heard it

15 minutes ago, Doctor said:
On 03/07/2020 at 10:08, throbber said:
I don’t think he’s that bad, it’s just the amount his music gets played is absolutely nauseating, you would end up hating any music if you have to hear it that much. 

I've hated every Lewis Capaldi song the first time I heard it

That post of mine was about George Ezra.

If I were to hear Ezra for the first time I’d think he had a decent voice and catchy tunes. If it were Capaldi I would think decent voice but pretty boring songs. Wouldn’t have tipped either of them for great things upon a first listen but what do I know?