Lewis Capaldi hatred thread

I’m not sure what you mean by “quality of the music” but Lewis Capaldi is undoubtably a better singer than Gerry Cinnamon.
Is Lewis Capaldi “better”, better at what exactly? I’m not a massive fan of either of their music, but Capaldi has been the more successful, regardless of how much it pains you. 
I'm talking about the quality of their songs.

You say capaldi has been more successful but my point is that it's almost all based on one massive hit (a song i like).

It also doesn't pain me in any way. I like capaldi, i just don't rate his music, and I've yet to find anyone on here who's a fan of it.

I wouldn't argue about the quality of singing, it's not a big factor for me. In taking about the quality of the song writing, and especially the lyrics. Cinnamon has built himself up gradually, and is doing pretty damn well.

Capaldi has went global on the back of his hit. He's enjoying that success and fame and i hope he can go on and build a good career.

My only knowledge of Lewis Capaldi is a couple of women in my work going on about how funny he is and how he should be a stand up comedian. I have probably heard a couple of his songs but couldn’t identify them. I have no axe to grind with him he seems easily avoided in the streaming/download age. Back in the radio days where bands or singers were unavoidable I had far more hatredfor Toploader/Jamiraquai/New Radicals because of constant airplay. It’s far easier to avoid the shite these days, and I’m completely out of touch.

37 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Lewis Capaldi is the epitome to me of this "whit ma like" culture that seems to have crept in over the last couple of years. It is some hybrid of Fiat 500 Twitter, Gemma Collins and stereotypically Glasgow ned interests. For example, deifying McDonalds, going on about how much you drink (extra points if in "Spoons"), memes about getting out of bed at 8:58am when you've got a conference call at 9, wearing your "jammies" all day, listening to GBX. It tends to be middle class types who either live in their parents' five bed house in Dullatur if they're under 25, having 20 of their pals round into the conservatory to drink MD or Dragon Soop before they go to Sugar Cube or Kushion on a Saturday, or couples who live in Newton Mearns with the man working offshore if they're a bit older. It's essentially cultural appropriation of working class stereotypes to try and look "funny" or "mental". Capaldi ticks just about every box of this with his online presence and is pandered to for this behaviour by the Red Tops or "Glasgow Live".

Well off middle class folk glamourising the scheme lifestyle is a far wider phenomenon but Lewis Capaldi encapsulates it quite neatly for me.

Fucking spot on.

36 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

It's quite a nice transgressive feeling being completely unreachable these days isn't it?

It really is I occasionally hear songs on 6 music I like but have no idea who the bands are and can’t be arsed to check. Popular music in this decade has completely passed me by.

8 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

It really is I occasionally hear songs on 6 music I like but have no idea who the bands are and can’t be arsed to check. Popular music in this decade has completely passed me by.

This decade? I had to look up Alicia Keys (Insert KW here). I'd heard the name but couldn't picture her and I don't recall any songs.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Alicia Keys is an absolutely stunning human. She falls into the very rare Kylie Minogue bracket of having a sort of ambience/aura that shines out of her, way beyond just the basic looking at her and saying "wid".

I reckon meeting her would render me a gibbering simpleton.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Alicia Keys is an absolutely stunning human. She falls into the very rare Kylie Minogue bracket of having a sort of ambience/aura that shines out of her, way beyond just the basic looking at her and saying "wid".

I keep on falling in and out of love with her

13 hours ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

6 Music is a barometer for me too. If something is popular but it's not on 6 then alarm bells start ringing. Thanks to this thread I've now heard about 40 seconds of Capaldi and about the same of Cinammon (pair of Cs). Confirmed the suspicions. I don't think you need to hear the music to know that it's just mewling pish. 

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Sounds a bright girl. A bit like Nile Rodgers, she was a latch-key kid, taking herself round New York and hanging out with older groups when she was way to young, by accepted normal standards. Didn't seem to phase her though and she seems incredibly well-adjusted. 

pandarilla's descent into an insistent centrist and self-appointed voice of reason was bad enough on the coronavirus thread, but attempting to defend Gerry Cinnamon as a man of talent, authenticity and lyricism is too much, sorry

Edited by Miguel Sanchez
*attempting to

On 02/07/2020 at 16:01, throbber said:

12D69196-7F7D-4055-9EC9-B8B10FE6952A.gif

This is exactly why I like Lewis Capaldi.

If he was on stage and P&B were a heckling crowd telling him he’s a c**t and his music’s shite; you just know he’d just stand there flicking his nips goading and laughing like ‘Away back to your wee fitbaw forum ya absolute tadgers!’

17 hours ago, Joe Terrapin said:

Alicia is gorgeous but you must admit her arse is in danger of becoming the 51st State.

What is this absolute nonsense and why are you saying it?

58 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Kylie is greater than the sum of her already considerable parts. Alicia Keys is the same. On a higher plane of existence. 

I am politely going to agree to disagree. I would highly recommend never placing Alicia and Kylie in the same stratosphere of physical attractiveness or we may have to come to blows. 

I bid you good day, sir. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I am politely going to agree to disagree. I would highly recommend never placing Alicia and Kylie in the same stratosphere of physical attractiveness or we may have to come to blows. 

I bid you good day, sir. 

It's not just the straight up physical attractiveness though. It's the aura. The intangible. Wids are ten a penny. But there are a select few that carry a beauty beyond just their looks. 

Bit profound for a conversation about widness or otherwise, but I wont have Keys slandered in the way she has been in this thread. She is a Goddess Tier stunner