Lewis Capaldi hatred thread

Like or loathe Gerry Cinnamon, he deserves credit for the lyrics to his song ‘Diamonds in the Mud’. Makes me smile every time, plus, it’s a great song... as is ‘Belter’. Might be some sort of anthem for young Weegie types, but it also has a great lyric about love, trust, hurt, and self loathing. The bloke has a great deal of merit IMHO, even if his bunnet wearing, Adidas tracksuit, Weegie ‘lad’ act isn’t my particular cup of Darjeeling.

14 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

This thread only has a place in society once an Ed Sheeran one has been well established

Sheeran is the absolute worst. The most hideously dull and bland songs but also seems like a monumental charisma vacuum. He was in (the very good) film Yesterday and was just a walking wall of dull. I get that he acted up to that a bit but even so, he threatened to ruin every scene he was in.

Utterly inexplicable as to how his music is so popular. There is no god.

13 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

I'd be struggling to tell you the newest person in music I have respect for but I'd have to go back over a decade I reckon.

After Simon Cowell decided to start telling everyone what to like and flooding our charts with people more attractive than talented, I gave up.

Music has been mostly shite for over 15 years. Even the way people choose to listen to music nowadays is infuriating to me.

By this you mean music in the popular charts surely? Because there's been absolutely loads of exceptional/brilliant/amazing music over the last 15 years.

9 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

The Transmt entrance summed him up, mass hysteria, crowd going daft, fireworks going off and he comes on to sing a teary ballad. 

He has a decent sense of humor and suffers badly from anxiety which came across in his Brit awards and Graham Norton interview. I think he is reasonably funny but his music is a dirge. 

It annoys me when there are patronizing clips of Capaldi and James McAvoy explaining Scottish slang or slice/square sausage in a wha's like us kind of way but I've just seen one with Russell Crowe so the worlds fucked 

Aye, this is why I said earlier he isn't suited to festivals, yet he's clearly a draw at and for them. Bizarre.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

This is pretty much how I find it, don’t think any ones music is unavoidable as it once was with all the variety you now have to listen to and who you can follow on social media. I have been unaware of anything Capaldi has done since the Noel Gallagher feud.

Noel Gallagher is an arsehole as well, he has been taking unprovoked swipes at other artists since the 90’s with Blur then I remember comments about Muse, Franz Ferdinand and then he put a wager on with Jo Whiley in 2005 that the Arctic Monkeys would never win a Brit award and he never rated them. He clearly can’t be happy for anyone else to threaten reaching the level of fame Oasis got in 1995. He’s also a Tory. 

Noel Gallagher is a monumental bellend. Just like his brother.

6 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Sheeran is the absolute worst. The most hideously dull and bland songs but also seems like a monumental charisma vacuum. He was in (the very good) film Yesterday and was just a walking wall of dull. I get that he acted up to that a bit but even so, he threatened to ruin every scene he was in.

Utterly inexplicable as to how his music is so popular. There is no god.

By this you mean music in the popular charts surely? Because there's been absolutely loads of exceptional/brilliant/amazing music over the last 15 years.

Aye, this is why I said earlier he isn't suited to festivals, yet he's clearly a draw at and for them. Bizarre.

Noel Gallagher is a monumental bellend. Just like his brother.

I started thinking about the great (IMHO) music from the last fifteen years, and I only needed to say the names Wolf Alice and Silversun Pickups before just stopping there. Could go on, and on.

Just now, pozbaird said:

I started thinking about the great (IMHO) music from the last fifteen years, and I only needed to say the names Wolf Alice and Silversun Pickups before just stopping there. Could go on, and on.

This forum alone could fill pages and pages with suggestions.

Pretty sure he meant chart music.

Liam is a far nicer chap than Noel. I do love Oasis and am a fan of their more recent individual work but there’s a time and a place for then and I think they both struggle to come to grips with it not being 1996 anymore. I don’t think I’ve ever heard Noel say he likes another band.

19 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Like or loathe Gerry Cinnamon, he deserves credit for the lyrics to his song ‘Diamonds in the Mud’. Makes me smile every time, plus, it’s a great song... as is ‘Belter’. 

Stop It Christmas Vacation GIF

15 hours ago, accies1874 said:
16 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:
Have people not forgotten about him yet? There was a spell last year where every second post on social media seemed to be whatever shite he was posting, I haven't seen anything in ages apart from a pish eBay ad.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Then again, I also thought that I hadn't heard about Gerry Cinnamon in a while and then saw he'd sold out Hampden.

Fucking what?

When MTV started, it killed many bands in the US. Toto for example, had been this band who would churn out radio friendly anthems that created visions of glamour and driving along the PCH with the roof down. Then folk saw them on tv and the illusion was shattered and bands like Duran Duran stepped in with their shiny torsos and hair. Now there is this about turn and there's this genre of pop star like Adele, Sheeran and these Scottish ones where they seem to appeal to people as, like them, they appear to be a talentless unhealthy wreck of a person. A bit like supporting a shite football team perhaps. Until today I thought Gerry Cinnamon was a bad, likely to be churning out some busker-standard shite. Not for me but I can see how folk gravitate to this pish. 

5 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'd like to nominate George Ezra

I don’t think he’s that bad, it’s just the amount his music gets played is absolutely nauseating, you would end up hating any music if you have to hear it that much. 

Just now, throbber said:

I don’t think he’s that bad, it’s just the amount his music gets played is absolutely nauseating, you would end up hating any music if you have to hear it that much. 

How does it feel being Radio 1's oldest listener throbbs? 

1 minute ago, throbber said:

He's fucking dreadful. His voice is annoying as f**k, and his songs sound like they were written by a 5 year old who got a rhyming dictionary for Christmas

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

How does it feel being Radio 1's oldest listener throbbs? 

I only have it on in the radio in the van and only when I don’t have an Allan Bennett monologue to listen to.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

Agree. I will admit to liking Ed Sheeran’s ‘Lego House’ and ‘A Team’ songs when I first heard them, then, he became this global thing, and I’m now at the stage where I never want to hear or see him again. Another guy who gets on my tits because there’s just no escaping him is Michael Buble. He’s fcuking omni-present, so much so that every time I encounter another one of his songs as I stumble through life, I mutter to myself ‘fcuk sake, it’s Micky Bubbles again’.