Lewis Capaldi hatred thread

The Transmt entrance summed him up, mass hysteria, crowd going daft, fireworks going off and he comes on to sing a teary ballad. 

He has a decent sense of humor and suffers badly from anxiety which came across in his Brit awards and Graham Norton interview. I think he is reasonably funny but his music is a dirge. 

It annoys me when there are patronizing clips of Capaldi and James McAvoy explaining Scottish slang or slice/square sausage in a wha's like us kind of way but I've just seen one with Russell Crowe so the worlds fucked 

I don't think I've ever seen one of his apparently amazing/hilarious/top class/incredible/whatever patter videos but I've decided based on those I know who like them that they aren't funny at all. He is also incredibly ugly and his face repulses me, I fucking despise him. It's probably (definitely) very harsh especially considering I am also very ugly and repulsive but I don't care.

He is the male version of Adele.  In a way she found a massive market in targeting fat lassies who'd been dumped at some point in their life, he has taken that market on and added other demographics to it.

He has cleverly avoided being labelled as the same type of cheese monster by portraying this happy go lucky, bit of a lad persona that gives him appeal to a wider market.  

A one off huge ballad hit is fair enough if you mix it with other types of songs.  But he's now a factory for churning out audible sewage.

Sheeran is similar, though I suppose he does try to mix it up. Even though I wish he wouldn't, as listening to him attempt to rap is painfully cringeworthy.

I don't think I could say I hate either Capaldi or Sheeran though, just think that despite obviously having some talent, the pair of them just churn out bland dross.  It sells though I suppose. 

1 hour ago, The Golden God said:

I don't think I've ever seen one of his apparently amazing/hilarious/top class/incredible/whatever patter videos but I've decided based on those I know who like them that they aren't funny at all. He is also incredibly ugly and his face repulses me, I fucking despise him. It's probably (definitely) very harsh especially considering I am also very ugly and repulsive but I don't care.

Now come on, you're a five star man!

Gerry Cinnamon still has to prove his worth, he’s yet to make an appearance on the Jools Holland show and I personally set this as the benchmark for any band/singer to improve their status. As far as I’m aware, he is yet to appear on TV doing a live performance other than on “STV 2.” I am happy to be proved wrong.

The lack of live acoustic sets by him is shocking, a quick search on YouTube reveals he hasn’t done any sets for Radio shows, such as the Radio 1 live lounge or Radio X etc. Given that his songs are now regularly played on those stations and others, and that he’s quite popular down south, I refuse to believe nobody in the music world is asking him “hey, Gerry - fancy doing a live recorded acoustic set for us?”

Questions have to be asked.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

His music is dull, dire stuff, totally boring and bland, and is absolutely unsuited to festivals but he seems to draw big crowds to such gigs.

He seems an ok lad though.

Working backstage at bella last year, he was surprisingly down to earth and very funny.

Serious tho, he seemed ok. His "entourage" were having a kick about, the ball came over, one of the boys toe punted it back- right into their table, drinks everywhere, wet legs the works. He was pishing himself at it.

Never heard a crowd noise like that backstage, ever. Just a wall of screaming, young lassies

54 minutes ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

Working backstage at bella last year, he was surprisingly down to earth and very funny.

Serious tho, he seemed ok. His "entourage" were having a kick about, the ball came over, one of the boys toe punted it back- right into their table, drinks everywhere, wet legs the works. He was pishing himself at it.

Never heard a crowd noise like that backstage, ever. Just a wall of screaming, young lassies

Is he dead?

12 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Heard of him but it’s quite easy these days to avoid terrible music. I’m presuming from the nick of him his music is terrible. 

This is pretty much how I find it, don’t think any ones music is unavoidable as it once was with all the variety you now have to listen to and who you can follow on social media. I have been unaware of anything Capaldi has done since the Noel Gallagher feud.

Noel Gallagher is an arsehole as well, he has been taking unprovoked swipes at other artists since the 90’s with Blur then I remember comments about Muse, Franz Ferdinand and then he put a wager on with Jo Whiley in 2005 that the Arctic Monkeys would never win a Brit award and he never rated them. He clearly can’t be happy for anyone else to threaten reaching the level of fame Oasis got in 1995. He’s also a Tory. 

People may or may not like his songs, but it’s undeniable that the boy is a good singer.

By all accounts he’s making the most of his fame with the ladies also, something he certainly couldn’t rely on his looks for.

Fair play to him, he’ll be monumentally rich and riding everything that walks.

(For the record, I’m extremely jealous)

People may or may not like his songs, but it’s undeniable that the boy is a good singer.

By all accounts he’s making the most of his fame with the ladies also, something he certainly couldn’t rely on his looks for.

Fair play to him, he’ll be monumentally rich and riding everything that walks.

(For the record, I’m extremely jealous)

Agreed. Fair play to him indeed. I think it was a similarly ubiquitous pain in the arse Peter Crouch who when once asked in an interview “If you hadn’t become a professional footballer, what do you think you would have been?” Replied “A virgin”

Curiosity got the better of me so I hopped on YouTube and entered Lewis Capaldi (insert Kenneth here). 

Fucking hell. Sounds and looks like Cicero after they’d been locked in a chippy for a decade.