Thon lad Hornssby

5 hours ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Im not sure in general how much reims spend on players. But at a reported 1.8 million it's a decent amount of money.

Hopefully he can get in the team and progress. Always thought he looked very good for the u21s.

That's about 0.1 Oli Burkes

It's interesting at least. I thought he pretty much flopped in Belgium after a bright start, but I guess the Reims scouts saw enough potential in him to part with £1.8m.

According to TransferMarket, Reims generally spend in the £1m-£5m range:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/stade-reims/transfers/verein/1421/plus/0?saison_id=2020&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

...so while he's certainly not a star signing, it is a decent outlay by them for an essentially untried 20 year old.

Could be setting out on a Tony Watt style career path, but hopefully he proves to be more consistent and gives us another option further down the line.

3 hours ago, Gordopolis said:

It's interesting at least. I thought he pretty much flopped in Belgium after a bright start, but I guess the Reims scouts saw enough potential in him to part with £1.8m.

According to TransferMarket, Reims generally spend in the £1m-£5m range:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/stade-reims/transfers/verein/1421/plus/0?saison_id=2020&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

...so while he's certainly not a star signing, it is a decent outlay by them for an essentially untried 20 year old.

Could be setting out on a Tony Watt style career path, but hopefully he proves to be more consistent and gives us another option further down the line.

Flopped is a ridiculous word for a teenager out on loan to gain first team experience. Typical internet fandan chat. And those who actually have a clue disagreed, that's why they paid 1.8 million for him and gave him a four year deal. There's a wee clue in that.

Flopped is a ridiculous word for a teenager out on loan to gain first team experience. Typical internet fandan chat. And those who actually have a clue disagreed, that's why they paid 1.8 million for him and gave him a four year deal. There's a wee clue in that.

Chilax and calm your skid and tear-streaked skants.

Feeling more settled? Excellent.

Now let's look at the facts: after a bright start and a MotM, he stopped scoring and was eventually dropped. Isn't that clear and objective evidence of a tail-off in form? Or would you say that was exactly how he hoped his season would go?

Call it flopped, failed to shine, didn't quite set the heather alight, whatever. Nobody's saying he's a bad player. I like him. And as I said he must have shown enough potential to convince Reims to part with that fee - that you're echoing my own words back at me as your own argument is quite amusing.

P.S. he's 20, not a teenager. Everyone - including all the internet fandans across the world - knows that

What position does he play. Please don't say left back or midfield?
Striker. Though I expect Reims will try to covert him to a left back just to annoy us.

Actually, just remembered he started out as a midfielder but Everton saw potential in him as a forward so started playing him there for their u23s.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

Chilax and calm your skid and tear-streaked skants.

Feeling more settled? Excellent.

Now let's look at the facts: after a bright start and a MotM, he stopped scoring and was eventually dropped. Isn't that clear and objective evidence of a tail-off in form? Or would you say that was exactly how he hoped his season would go?

Call it flopped, failed to shine, didn't quite set the heather alight, whatever. Nobody's saying he's a bad player. I like him. And as I said he must have shown enough potential to convince Reims to part with that fee - that you're echoing my own words back at me as your own argument is quite amusing.

P.S. he's 20, not a teenager. Everyone - including all the internet fandans across the world - knows that

Aye he was a teenager when he went there last year. People's age changes every year you know, usually going up by one.  It could be evidence of anything, 'flopped' is a ridiculous word to use about a kid out on loan to gain experience, who did gain experience, scored a couple of goals, and won a move to a better team in a better league for 1.8 m on a four year deal. 

11 minutes ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

Aye he was a teenager when he went there last year. People's age changes every year you know, usually going up by one.  It could be evidence of anything, 'flopped' is a ridiculous word to use about a kid out on loan to gain experience, who did gain experience, scored a couple of goals, and won a move to a better team in a better league for 1.8 m on a four year deal. 

I'd be interested to know how many Kortijk games he watched last season

Okay, just you bash on and gloss over the objective evidence bit and continue to parrot back exactly what I said.

I'd be interested to know how many Kortijk games he watched last season

[emoji18] I can smugly confirm that I actually watched the first half dozen or so games he played for them (or highlights where there wasn't a live stream). As I say I was quite keen to see how he fared over there. Naturally disappointing when he faded out of their first team plans and didn't watch any more when he wasn't in the team.

53 minutes ago, Gordopolis said:

Okay, just you bash on and gloss over the objective evidence bit and continue to parrot back exactly what I said.

There is no objective evidence, and you're not qualified to analyse it. The only objective evidence is at the end of his loan spell a better team in a better league paid a lot of money for him. So you say flopped, reality says you're full of shit.

15 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:
There is no objective evidence, and you're not qualified to analyse it. The only objective evidence is at the end of his loan spell a better team in a better league paid a lot of money for him. So you say flopped, reality says you're full of shit.

🤭

Edited by Gordopolis