Teams training

6 minutes ago, Ball-foot-score said:

Yeah he was probably crawling the walls to make false allegations against other clubs with again no a shred of evidence. That statement is an embarrassment and as another poster pointed out, if YOUR MANAGER isn’t in charge of training, who is? All strapped up in fit bits and matching gear with complement of coaching staff but it was informal. Away and get over yourselves. If the WOSL don’t come down like a tonne of bricks on this they’ll lose all respect of my club and I’m sure many others.

shambles 

And no one will care 

4 hours ago, loughton said:

And they will be punished as will you lot of charlatans. 

Utter disregard for the whole pandemic from this circus of a plaything easily the worst out of any club in the country which only shows you up for what you are. 

The sooner you lot are out the game and let this once proud little village club rebuild its shattered reputation the better. 

As an outsider lookin in..... Darvel really do live in your head rent free.

Perhaps you should give the thread a miss for a wee while, its not healthy champ....

Edited by C4mmy31

And as I said they can do as they please in there own time it’s not a league matter no different from players attending protest and going against the guidance in their private life’s if it’s not a an official Darvel traing session booked under Darvel and there loads of other people there we will see what happens 

Actually, right now, the law says they can't do as they want.

The fact this took place at Mar Hall about sums this lot up. Poundland version of doing a training camp in Dubai to try and give a bit of glamour or "ambition" to proceedings. Claiming your manager and two coaches just happened to be there at the same time as 10 players and everyone was wearing kit just shows how ill prepared Darvel are aside from having anonymous money to chuck around. Quite happy to bask in the "glory" of paying dug shite like Ian McShane without showing any hint of professionalism.

Even if this training was informal (which is bullshit by the way) every single player knows the rules so they should have thought "this is against the rules, I should not be taking part in this". They didn't so every single one of those players are culpable and should be subject to disciplinary action

Anno I was wrong in thinking it was ok for teams to train if proper testing was done but surely the darvel manager should be held responsible especially if hes overseen a group of his players training informal or not for allowing training without his players being tested 

26 minutes ago, Yogi said:

🤡 emoji149.png as you would call others you’ve plenty to say for not being a Darvel fan oh and wee John did know what his band of mercenaries were up to

I could not give a f**k 😀

Mark guidi actually gets paid to consult with darvel on their comms strategy? That statement is a shambles and actually quite funny that gall has put his name to it given he thinks it’s ok, as everyone else is at it.

The use of “formal” and “informal” is all smoke screens. I would put my mortgage on it that it was suggested by their gaffer, and the players felt obliged to attend. Let’s face it, they have a great squad with loads of competition. Can’t see many of them saying no it’s against the rules.

Many a manager in the past have worked hard to generate a siege mentality! “The world is against us”. Darvel seem to be doing an incredible job at this and every manager in the league has their pre match team talk done for them!

37 minutes ago, jaggyness said:
11 hours ago, Scottyd said:
And as I said they can do as they please in there own time it’s not a league matter no different from players attending protest and going against the guidance in their private life’s if it’s not a an official Darvel traing session booked under Darvel and there loads of other people there we will see what happens 

Actually, right now, the law says they can't do as they want.

Actually, today amendment #7 to the coronavirus regulations came into force - there's no longer any restrictions on leaving the place where you are living and public gatherings are allowed for the purposes of work (whether that covers part-time sportspeople is another matter).

Anno I was wrong in thinking it was ok for teams to train if proper testing was done but surely the darvel manager should be held responsible especially if hes overseen a group of his players training informal or not for allowing training without his players being tested 

Whilst the early part of the statement does make fleeting reference to the fact that legislation prohibiting training has been breached..... its ‘cutely’ enough worded to suggest that those involved have ‘only’ fallen foul of the Club’s own code of conduct, for which the final sanction will be...... probably little more than a slap on the heid wi a wet halfords sponge ..... finished off with a group hug !

Interesting first test however for the new League disciplinary structure / process ... they won’t want to be seen to be weak.

As an internal club matter, I’m sure we’ll never get to know the outcome but .... it’s almost laughable to think that certain committee members who have done more to bring the club into disrepute than even this sorry episode..... will sit in judgement !!

44 minutes ago, Ball-foot-score said:

Laughable the excuses. Also overlooking the question about where the rest of the Darvel players were. WhatsApp apparently shows some refused to attend, any comment on that legend?

I’ve heard similar.

Id bet good money no such photos exist of other teams training