COWDENBEATH 2020-21

13 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Presume Hearts wanted them to play at a higher level this season to further aid their development 

THIS. The lads can play at a better level. Good move for them. Smith for me is the one of the 2 who could "make" it at hearts. Great energy/clever player/direct and for me Cowden were a far better team when he played. Arbroath with a good signing there.

16 hours ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

Hot and cold like most wingers. Definitely a talent though and a potential match winner.

Would have thought Hamilton might have gone to the Championship and Smith to League 1.

Take it from that, that Hamilton is another good signing for us then?

1 hour ago, NELLY said:

Loads of ifs and buts just now. However IF Cowden do play on dates proposed in Betfred and no fans are allowed in.. Can I be a ballboy...hahaha. Relive my youth..

One of my all time favourite Off the Ball jokes: 

Cosgrove: Have you ever been a ballboy, Tam? 

Cowan: Naw, I've always been a tit man myself... 

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Take it from that, that Hamilton is another good signing for us then?

small as a centre half but reads the game really really well. Good on the ball and fairly quick. Actually better in the air than his height suggests. Better in a back 3 than a back 4 with him in a 3 central.

Can play centre mid but I think he is lost in there but can play there.

Edited by NELLY

3 hours ago, NELLY said:

small as a centre half but reads the game really really well. Good on the ball and fairly quick. Actually better in the air than his height suggests. Better in a back 3 than a back 4 with him in a 3 central.

Can play centre mid but I think he is lost in there but can play there.

1 hour ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Very good. He isn’t a big lad but reads the game very well, not many will get past him.

Good stuff lads. I must admit I'm wondering if we fancy a 3-5-2 this season because his arrival means we have three decent centre-backs and two full-backs who would be perfectly suited to that shape.

6 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Good stuff lads. I must admit I'm wondering if we fancy a 3-5-2 this season because his arrival means we have three decent centre-backs and two full-backs who would be perfectly suited to that shape.

Fingers crossed you don't play Wedderburn in midfield - extremely slow and sloppy with his passing.

Much better as a CB where he is a unit.