COWDENBEATH 2020-21

6 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Kyle Miller and Fraser Mullen sign on for next season.

Mullen is a good right back but I'm not sure Kyle, for all his long service, is an effective player any more. Seems to run around a lot these days without actually doing anything.

Yeah from what I heard he was excellent in a more attacking role.  This is where he played when he was at his best for us years ago.  Happy he's signed on IF we keep him away from defensive midfield.

So the current team:

GK - 

DF - Ross Clarke, Fraser Mullen

MF - Robbie Buchanan, Kyle Miller, Gavin Morrison

FW - Liam Buchanan, Kris Renton

Long way to go 🤣

Left - Michael Herd (Spartans), Iain Russell (retired)

No idea - Mac Whyte, Craig Barr, Ryan Finnie, Jacob Glass, Ross Pollock, Jamie Pyper, Harvey Swann, Jamie Todd, Lennon Watson, Graham Taylor, Robbie Buchanan, Olly Hamilton.

Edited by The Minertaur

33 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

Yeah from what I heard he was excellent in a more attacking role.  This is where he played when he was at his best for us years ago.  Happy he's signed on IF we keep him away from defensive midfield.

So the current team:

GK - 

MF - Kyle Miller, Gavin Morrison

Long way to go 🤣

No idea - Mac Whyte, Craig Barr, Ryan Finnie, Jacob Glass, Ross Pollock, Jamie Pyper, Harvey Swann, Jamie Todd, Lennon Watson, Graham Taylor, Robbie Buchanan, Olly Hamilton.

Hamilton will be back to St Johnstone as he was on loan.

16 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

So the current team:

GK - 

MF - Kyle Miller, Gavin Morrison

Long way to go 🤣

We really need Barr, Swann and Todd to sign on - I wouldn't fancy our chances of replacing any of them for similar or better. 

On 10/08/2020 at 13:57, The Minertaur said:

Teams we've played in the League Cup Groups:

Inverness x 3
Dundee United x 3
Dunfermline
Arbroath
Dundee
Raith x 3 (now 4)
Buckie
Hearts x 3
Cove
East Fife x 2
Stenhousemuir
Brechin (now 1)
Alloa (now 1)
Livingston (now 1)

Never had Peterhead, Montrose, Forfar, Elgin, St Johnstone, Hibs, Ross County, Stirling.

Updated for this season!

4 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Robbie Buchanan resigned, One i’d much rather see go never been his biggest fan as a wide player he offers nothing positive.

Always thought there was a footballer in there somewhere. Robbie came on to a game during the recent  hectic schedule and I would love to see the two Bucks as an attack duo in the coming season.

54 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

What no Hearts?

No Dundee sides either.

Not the most glamorous group but it’s a change of scene , well apart from the Rovers.

Never played either Livi or Alloa since the Championship days and if we’re playing a Highland League side better with the nearest one.

I'll mention this as some of you Blue Brazilians might be interested- fans' favourite Joe Mbu has joined Civil Service Strollers' coaching staff.

The Strollers are good guys who voted against the Old Firm Colts proposal so if the Cowden game is off and you're looking for an alternative next season (unless it's against a Colts team of course)...

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I'll mention this as some of you Blue Brazilians might be interested- fans' favourite Joe Mbu has joined Civil Service Strollers' coaching staff.

The Strollers are good guys who voted against the Old Firm Colts proposal so if the Cowden game is off and you're looking for an alternative next season (unless it's against a Colts team of course)...

If I had to choose a favourite ever Cowden player, big Joe would be in the equation.