Jump to content

COWDENBEATH 2020-21


Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, big al said:

Few boys saying a striker has agreed to sign, although he may be past his peak.

 

It's not Fat Sally is it? 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Liam Buchanan is the name i’ve heard

I'd definitely take Liam back. He would score a good few in League 2.

Edited by PELE
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Liam was a brilliant player for Cowden some years back and I remember him well. Not the biggest forward but very tenacious and could sniff out a goal like most good strikers. He is  36 years old now and from his stats his goal to game ratio has dropped a fair bit ( in a higher league ) . Just a rumour at the mo  but if he did come back I’d certainly be interested to see how it goes. I keep thinking about when  Broonie  came back to us though :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure if bucks has signed however if he is/has its a problem area and he is a proven goalscorer. He has been playing in the championship recently thus you dont get by in that league with poor fitness or a lack of talent still. If he were to sign its a poacher signing that we have been crying out for. My issue with how we play is how to create chances. If we create chances Liam scores goals regardless of age simples.

He is actually very good at coming off the front and linking play cleverly also. At central park on a tight pitch I see him being a hugely effective striker for us.

As the season has finished im glad its over in what has been a very tough season. Enjoyed working with BBTV and going to games. The passion from our board should not go un noticed they are working tirelesly to get the club going in the right direction.

For the new season I dont see massive wholesale changes in playing staff as I believe a lot of the players are key to re-sign. Striker required/possibly another (loan).Goalkeeper required contracted and I would try for someone like blair currie of Stirling who is in and out of their side I think.

Midfielder required forward thinking and wide right player. 

Ive a feeling we will try re-sign Finnie/Hutton.

MONE THE COWDEN

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd be happy if we signed Liam.  He scored a handful of goals this season - 1 against QOTS in March, 2 v Raith in December and a hat-trick v Stenhousemuir in the League Cup.  7 mins 38 seconds for his last goal.

 Would also bring back some brilliant memories of that Division 3 winning season. Will never forget his goal v Elgin!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

Jordyn Sheerin agent of Buchanan, wind up or fact?

 

Clear fact.  Jordyn Sheerin is a very well known and very serious football agent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bollans objective for re-signings should be Craig Barr/Harvey Swann and Gav Morrison in my opinion. 

The players who have been at the club a while Mullen/Buchanan/Miller im almost certain will re sign for us.

Would like to see us give Ross Clarke an opportunity to re-sign.

Jamie Todd loves it at cowden so will re sign im sure.

Question marks over taylor/herd most likely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Definitely agree with Craig Barr/Harvey Swann and Gav Morrison as priority to re-sign, also Mullen, Liam Buchanan worth shot, would like Flanagan from Annan at club. he would do well for us, permitting that we do need a winger, with some tricks who can mix it up on the ball, another left back too, not sold on finnie yet

Edited by SuperCowden
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SuperCowden said:

Definitely agree with Craig Barr/Harvey Swann and Gav Morrison as priority to re-sign, also Mullen, Liam Buchanan worth shot, would like Flanagan from Annan at club. he would do well for us, permitting that we do need a winger, with some tricks who can mix it up on the ball, another left back too, not sold on finnie yet

Not sure if Finnie had much game time before he joined us. He looks good some of the time. Good crossing and passing, then he makes the odd glaring mistake. I think he can improve if he stays with us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NELLY said:

Bollans objective for re-signings should be Craig Barr/Harvey Swann and Gav Morrison in my opinion. 

The players who have been at the club a while Mullen/Buchanan/Miller im almost certain will re sign for us.

Would like to see us give Ross Clarke an opportunity to re-sign.

Jamie Todd loves it at cowden so will re sign im sure.

Question marks over taylor/herd most likely.

Any update on Ross?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, PELE said:

Not sure if Finnie had much game time before he joined us. He looks good some of the time. Good crossing and passing, then he makes the odd glaring mistake. I think he can improve if he stays with us.

played well against albion rovers last game and on his debut yes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...