COWDENBEATH 2020-21

Uninspiring performance from Cowden. 
Raith have a better team to be fair so at least they competed not too badly.
Well done to everyone for producing a live stream.
The service was decent enough. The pillar made it seem like I was actually at the game so was a nice touch[emoji23]

I don't think we were ever in any danger of losing the game today and could have stepped it up if we needed to. You did have a few decent chances in the second half to draw level but we defended fairly well with a makeshiftish defence. Barr and glass where the better players you had today imo. Kavanaugh? Looked not to bad once he was more central as well. Russell looked pretty useless though and your 'keeper was quite hesitant at times but made a couple of decent stops. You should have enough about you to be upper mid table based on the one game Iv seen... All the best for the rest of the season.

Todd's injury didn't look good. Decent effort by the players considering our injury situation and the wayrovers have been banging in the goals. Russell had what might best be expressed as a quiet game but I imagine it may take him a little while to get  up to speed Thought young Glass had a good game

53 minutes ago, iateallthepies said:

Todd's injury didn't look good. Decent effort by the players considering our injury situation and the wayrovers have been banging in the goals. Russell had what might best be expressed as a quiet game but I imagine it may take him a little while to get  up to speed Thought young Glass had a good game

Was surprised to read he is only 17

Played well against decent physical forwards. Def one for the future.

On 11/11/2020 at 13:09, The_Pit_Owns said:

They were both injured at the weekend. Hay might be out for the next 6 weeks. 

Were they? Ah FFS.  The loans are up. Both due back at Broughty this week for the start of our season against Downfield on Saturday. Pish news.

Squad is wafer thin now. Brad Smith away back to Broughty. Hay was injured anyhow. Todd looks like he is out for a few weeks.

Renton out/cox out or away/robbie suspended?/Morrison out/Sneddon out.

We really have issues so not sure what we can do in terms of bringing players in. I dont think SPFL league clubs will want to allow any players out on loan currently due to covid situation e.g their squad could be decimated at any point.

Have to look at free agents but then they wont be anywhere near match fit e.g like russell who looked way off the pace saturday.

Good news is Pyper is back and had a good game when he came on saturday. Young Jacob Glass deserves to keep his place also.

Midfield we are very short in numbers only Kyle Miller/Herd and Barr really

Hopefully Gary can bring in a player on loan from an U21 or u19 SPL team similar to Ross Sinclair situation.

1 hour ago, NELLY said:

Squad is wafer thin now. Brad Smith away back to Broughty. Hay was injured anyhow. Todd looks like he is out for a few weeks.

Renton out/cox out or away/robbie suspended?/Morrison out/Sneddon out.

We really have issues so not sure what we can do in terms of bringing players in. I dont think SPFL league clubs will want to allow any players out on loan currently due to covid situation e.g their squad could be decimated at any point.

Have to look at free agents but then they wont be anywhere near match fit e.g like russell who looked way off the pace saturday.

Good news is Pyper is back and had a good game when he came on saturday. Young Jacob Glass deserves to keep his place also.

Midfield we are very short in numbers only Kyle Miller/Herd and Barr really

Hopefully Gary can bring in a player on loan from an U21 or u19 SPL team similar to Ross Sinclair situation.

I think the spfl loan window for our league closed end of Oct. That’s it till Jan window opens. Free agents only or loans from the juniors.

3 hours ago, Brazilianlex said:

I think the spfl loan window for our league closed end of Oct. That’s it till Jan window opens. Free agents only or loans from the juniors.

Makes it even tougher now then. Think we just have to plod on and hope no more injuries/illness.

Not sure how long until players return as nothing on website to say how long certain players are out for. With Renton though he wont be match fit as wont have played since March etc etc.

Big game Saturday and one in which we should win.

1 hour ago, NELLY said:

Makes it even tougher now then. Think we just have to plod on and hope no more injuries/illness.

Not sure how long until players return as nothing on website to say how long certain players are out for. With Renton though he wont be match fit as wont have played since March etc etc.

Unless we get players from somewhere we won’t beat anyone before Christmas.

6 hours ago, NELLY said:

I don’t have the inside info but this Saturday’s game maybe in doubt due to Rovers players isolating after one player tested Covid positive last weekend.