COWDENBEATH 2020-21

8 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Good to hear that as Fife is in level 1 we should be allowed up to 1000 in for games, now if we could only get that number (getting it in before the smart arses😀).

What's the biggest crowd you've seen at Central Park in your time, Cowdenbeath? (Football not stock cars). I've only ever been when the Blue Brazil have played City, Meadowbank and, once, Arbroath and the joint wasn't exactly jumping.

I imagine games against the Townies must produce some atmosphere.

1 minute ago, tamthebam said:

What's the biggest crowd you've seen at Central Park in your time, Cowdenbeath? (Football not stock cars). I've only ever been when the Blue Brazil have played City, Meadowbank and, once, Arbroath and the joint wasn't exactly jumping.

I imagine games against the Townies must produce some atmosphere.

Against Rangers LCQF in 1984 crowd was given as 9925 or something officially although it’s been mentioned there was actually more, place wasn’t even rammed as there were gaps on the terrace.

That was the season Meadowbank played them in the semi final.

13 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Against Rangers LCQF in 1984 crowd was given as 9925 or something officially although it’s been mentioned there was actually more, place wasn’t even rammed as there were gaps on the terrace.

That was the season Meadowbank played them in the semi final.

Must have been the last bigger game before a stricter attendance limit, as I remember late 80s drawing Dunfermline at home and it was moved to starks park to accommodate the crowd.

1 hour ago, big al said:

Must have been the last bigger game before a stricter attendance limit, as I remember late 80s drawing Dunfermline at home and it was moved to starks park to accommodate the crowd.

It was Bradford fire was at the end of the season and changed things drastically.

It was actually a pay on the gate game as well, i'm glad I actually seen the old place with a decent capacity.

The Pars game at Starks was in early 1990.

13 hours ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

Delighted to say he  signed on again.  We  now have the nucleus. of a squad which can challenge for the top spot:bounce3:bounce3

Im not going to be pessimistic but a realist here. The squad is shaping up ok however we have re signed a lot of players who unfortunately finished 2nd bottom. Couple of tweaks e.g bucks signing and a couple of future signings should enable us to potentially compete for top 4 at a real push. Top spot is just not realistic. I hope this post comes back to bite me may i add.

We will compete well for sure against the top sides but to maintain an unbeaten run with the squad we have is just not going to happen sadly.

29 minutes ago, cowdenbeath0-3 said:

Jamie pyper signed a 2 year deal with Berwick. More his level all the best to him

Not sure about the comment on level but a 100% genuine guy who gave his all for the club and wish him the very best going forward.

Quite liked Pyper, did have a mistake or two in him but was quite physical and good player when right on his game, when the current manager  freezes you out the team its very hard to get back in, great getting morrison, swann, mullen , todd & Barr signed back up, Finnie was mince to be fair, only played well on his debut and last game,  we need another winger whos direct , taylor and buchanan need some competition, they don't create enough chances, not knocking them tho, another left back and centre mid is needed as well, Bollan recruitment needs to be stronger this season, brings players in and hardly uses them

Quite liked Pyper, did have a mistake or two in him but was quite physical and good player when right on his game, when the current manager  freezes you out the team its very hard to get back in, great getting morrison, swann, mullen , todd & Barr signed back up, Finnie was mince to be fair, only played well on his debut and last game,  we need another winger whos direct , taylor and buchanan need some competition, they don't create enough chances, not knocking them tho, another left back and centre mid is needed as well, Bollan recruitment needs to be stronger this season, brings players in and hardly uses them

Anyone any idea whats happening with taylor , wasnt on the list

Really disappointed that Jacob Glass is moving on. I thought he was our best prospect for a long time. I thought Gary didnt use him enough last season. Granted It appears he may have a move to USA which is great for him so even if we did offer a deal looks like he has a change of direction anyhow.

The sub gk mac whyte showed promise also and I would have liked to see him given another game or two to see if he would be worthwhile keeping on as a young gk but Gary didnt play him. Jay sandison played 45 mins and was never seen again. Poor signing.

With players confirmed away - we now need another gk as only have 1. We need a centre half as Pyper and Glass and Finnie all away. Likely need a left sided player. Right sided player/Centre midfielder and another striker. So signings for sure will be made and it will be interesting to see who gary brings in

I’ll be purchasing a season ticket this weekend. I love the idea it gives me the streaming service for all our home league games. I can’t make many games so this is a great initiative. Hopefully more people will benefit from this and help the club out by getting a season ticket.