COWDENBEATH 2020-21

10 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Stenhousemuir have signed Declan Hughes from BSC Glasgow. I understand he had a spell with Cowdenbeath. Is he any good? What kind of player should we be expecting?

Should be a solid signing for Stenny. From what Iittle I recall he is a box to box midfielder and he chipped in with a few goals in his time with us. 

It was a difficult time for him at Cowden as we ended relegated in both of the seasons he played for us. Hughes was in and out of the side. I think he ended up playing for EK against Cowden in the relegation play off game and he didn't do much in that game.  

9 hours ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

Stenhousemuir have signed Declan Hughes from BSC Glasgow. I understand he had a spell with Cowdenbeath. Is he any good? What kind of player should we be expecting?

My thoughts from 2015. Can't really comment on Declan now but you would hope that he has developed in 6 years :

On 25/07/2015 at 19:16, The_Pit_Owns said:

Central midfield is my biggest concern and the area I'd be looking to bring in a loan signing for. Declan Hughes is a waste of a shirt, what does he actually do?

On 26/07/2015 at 19:40, The_Pit_Owns said:

What does he contribute to the side? What sort of a player is he? He just seems to be on the field but doesn't actually do anything. 

Bit early for us really. I think the club will be working on re-signing players. More news to come hopefully within this week or next on who is re-signing. I tend to think its always early to mid June before we sign players. Buchanan is really an exception cant recall us ever having announced a player a day after a season ends. Think that showed the willingness to get that player tied up.

For incoming players there will of course be loads of players out there who have been released and its finding the right ones. Lets hope Garys recruitment can be a little better and his loan signings as the season progresses better.

GK and one wide player and another striker is our priority moving forward.

Bit early for us really. I think the club will be working on re-signing players. More news to come hopefully within this week or next on who is re-signing. I tend to think its always early to mid June before we sign players. Buchanan is really an exception cant recall us ever having announced a player a day after a season ends. Think that showed the willingness to get that player tied up.
For incoming players there will of course be loads of players out there who have been released and its finding the right ones. Lets hope Garys recruitment can be a little better and his loan signings as the season progresses better.
GK and one wide player and another striker is our priority moving forward.

I would settle for Hogarth on a season long loan. Good for all parties. Very promising goalie.

1 hour ago, onecowden said:

I find that very surprising.

Im not. He made a lot of errors whilst on loan. Some key saves and is as raw as they come as a young GK. My gut feeling is he will try get full time football somewhere however I think it will be difficult for him. I would like us to go try get cammy binnie released from Stirling. I wouldnt be adverse to young Hogarth but a more rounded goalkeeper is what I would be after.

I would like us to go try get cammy binnie released from Stirling..

I suspect Binnie has been released because he has a better offer from elsewhere. If not then he would be an excellent signing for you.

12 hours ago, onecowden said:

Kris Renton and Ross Clarke have signed for another season.

Good news.  I think Liam Buchanan and Renton is an interesting front 2 for next season.  Clarke hopefully recovers fully from his horror injury - hopefully allows Swann (if he stays) to play higher up the field.