COWDENBEATH 2020-21

Least surprising result of the season. Chance to secure survival with just a draw and we shit the bed. 

Leas Brechin get most of their points from us so we can hope they don't win their other matches... 

Losing was always a possibility for this one, but the least I would have expected is to go on the attack. Not revert back to the failed one upfront tactic. Then we wait until the match is almost over to bring some subs on!

16 minutes ago, PELE said:

Hoping Annan do us a favour on Thursday now.

We should be looking to perform ourselves without relying on other results. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Brechin win on Thursday as they will likely take confidence from tonight's game. 

However am I right in saying Annan could still be pulled into the bottom of spot which will make it an interesting battle for both? 

Just now, Cowden316 said:

A complete shocker tonight. 

One up front???? 

Brechin will take confidence from that tonight. 

Really poor, awful to watch and strikers lining up the bench when our issue is a lack of goals 

Not a happy bunny tonight 

Yeah. Unbelievable. We cannot score, so we bring in some other strikers. What do we do? Give them very little game time and stick with one upfront, that one being the 'striker' that plays almost every minute of every game and rarely even threatens the opposition goal.

No doubt our tactics will be the same again for the remaining games.

2 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

We should be looking to perform ourselves without relying on other results. 

Wouldn't be surprised if Brechin win on Thursday as they will likely take confidence from tonight's game. 

However am I right in saying Annan could still be pulled into the bottom of spot which will make it an interesting battle for both? 

Not really. They are 24 goals better off compared to Brechin.

15 minutes ago, PELE said:

Yeah. Unbelievable. We cannot score, so we bring in some other strikers. What do we do? Give them very little game time and stick with one upfront, that one being the 'striker' that plays almost every minute of every game and rarely even threatens the opposition goal.

No doubt our tactics will be the same again for the remaining games.

Far too negative tactics especially at home and where all that was needed tonight was a draw. 

31 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Far too negative tactics especially at home and where all that was needed tonight was a draw. 

You can see it now. Brechin make up the points and are winning the last game to go above us as we are losing our last game 1-0 and sticking with the same failed formation as tonight. Then with a few minutes to go, Bollan brings on a striker and expects miracles.

Gary Bollan is a very, very poor manager. Absolutely baffled with how we lined up tonight as well as the lack of change to react to what was happening during the game. We may well stay up this season but that's mainly due to how inept Brechin have been. We have some pretty decent players at this level but I genuinely think we're massively underperforming. That is down to the manager.

14 minutes ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Gary Bollan is a very, very poor manager. Absolutely baffled with how we lined up tonight as well as the lack of change to react to what was happening during the game. We may well stay up this season but that's mainly due to how inept Brechin have been. We have some pretty decent players at this level but I genuinely think we're massively underperforming. That is down to the manager.

I remember the Forfar fans stating the same. He only seems to have one game plan and he sticks to it no matter what.

It might not have worked anyway, but why would you not try and change it to, say 2 or 3 upfront after Brechin score? It's like groundhog day. What does he think is going to miraculously happen?

18 minutes ago, PELE said:

I remember the Forfar fans stating the same. He only seems to have one game plan and he sticks to it no matter what.

It might not have worked anyway, but why would you not try and change it to, say 2 or 3 upfront after Brechin score? It's like groundhog day. What does he think is going to miraculously happen?

Plan B is do Plan A worse.

Just need to agree with Annan to play out a 0-0 draw on Saturday.

10 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Have you got an area of expertise that backs up this bold statement about your manager and quality of player at your club or are you an armchair fan like the rest of us frustrated by your clubs performance? In my opinion being an armchair fan like you, I think you have some decent players, but not many and a Manager who’s recruitment is hampered by lack of finances?

5 minutes ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Have you got an area of expertise that backs up this bold statement about your manager and quality of player at your club or are you an armchair fan like the rest of us frustrated by your clubs performance? In my opinion being an armchair fan like you, I think you have some decent players, but not many and a Manager who’s recruitment is hampered by lack of finances?

In fairness is everybody not an armchair fan this season? :P 

The time for reflection is after the season ends. Horrible season and to be frank we are not a very good football team but we do have individuals who are good and with a couple of key players brought in next season could be a top 4 team.

I wasnt impressed with our performance last night and the tactics employed. I go on about attacking intent and patterns of play and there really isnt a great deal of that with this side. However the issue that faces the coaching staff I will assume! is that they dont get time on the training field to work on it due to the schedule of games. I assume its rest days in between games currently.

To not score against a team bottom of league in 2 games is shocking no excuses. We huffed and puffed last night and the players are showing they are battling and working they simply lack in certain areas composure and guile. Theres not a purpose to our play and our best footballing players are kyle hutton and gav morrisson who are noticeably requiring someone up top to create with.

Sore one but we go again and secure a finish which is not bottom of league. Next season there will be a change of personnel for sure its inevitable whether there is a change of leadership is up to the powers at be. Donald and the board are loyal people and wont make hasty decisions however they need to collectively look at the progression of the players/performances and where the club is headed.

In a way no fans at games eases pressure on the management and players just now. I dare to think what certain members of the fans would be shouting at games currently.

mon the cowden

Last season was cut short but Cowden finished 4th. Everyone happy(ish).

This season it looks like 9th although 8th is a realistic possibility. Everyone raging.

The difference between an 8th/9th place finish and a 4th place finish is minimal is this division. Couple of signings that did work out 1 season, couple that didn’t the next. There is never usually much between the teams in 4th - 8/9th. 

Would Bollan be my choice, probably not. Can he achieve 4th again, possibly. 
All very well saying time for change, but need to have someone to come in who the feeling is they can do better.

Must be a tough job trying to sign the right players for Cowden. Hardly amazing facilities as an attraction. Definitely not the richest of the L2 clubs. 
Teams in the LL and probably HL paying more and taking potential players down the levels in a bid to come up. 

Very fine margins, and rash decisions not the answer. 

10 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

Rangers supporter, Orange Lodge member. 

It has no bearing on his work at Cowdenbeath that he was unfortunately brought up as a Rangers supporter.