COWDENBEATH 2020-21

10 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

After you reach 18 games the bottom 5 will play each other so plenty of scope for change yet.

Is this confirmed yet? I haven't seen much about it, or the play off situation.

Guest The Phoenix
2 minutes ago, PELE said:

Is this confirmed yet? I haven't seen much about it, or the play off situation.

Yes. Providing all Clubs have completed 18 by Friday 23 April. 

19 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

That's why we need to win tonight. A four point cushion is no use with the games still to play if we don't remotely look like scoring in games.

Well no dressing this up that was another awful performance tonight in my opinion and huge huge question marks about our team overall. 

You would not have thought by watching us that a win would be massive for us.

No urgency to our play, lost count of the amount of stray passes, no real creativity, no goal threat.,hardly another shot on goal and at some points to our play it was as if the ball was a hot potato albeit Stenny pressed and closed us down very well due to their urgency. 

Harvey Swann was the only person who looked to cause Stenhousemuir problems and put in a really good shift as did the efforts of Todd. 

Deeply concerning as a Cowden fan and I just can't see where our goals are coming from. 

Congested fixtures won't be helping but that is the same for our opposition opponents who are collecting points comfortably against us. 

Bollan has a huge job and responsibility to lead the team and stop this rut now and collectively as a team or sadly we can all see where this is heading. 

Big chance to take the pressure of tonight and missed but never looked like we would take anything and credit to Stenny in the way they played tonight

Wonder what people's view's are now on League Two reconstruction being expanded in time for next season? 

Edited by Cowden316

26 minutes ago, Cowden316 said:

Well no dressing this up that was another awful performance tonight in my opinion and huge huge question marks about our team overall. 

No urgency to our play, lost count of the amount of stray passes, no real creativity, no goal threat.,hardly another shot on goal and at some points to our play it was as if the ball was a hot potato albeit Stenny pressed and closed us down very well due to their urgency. 

Harvey Swann was the only person who looked to cause Stenhousemuir problems and put in a really good shift as did the efforts of Todd. 

Deeply concerning as a Cowden fan and I just can't see where our goals are coming from. 

Congested fixtures won't be helping but that is the same for our opposition opponents who are collecting points comfortably against us. 

Bollan has a huge job and responsibility to lead the team and stop this rut now and collectively as a team or sadly we can all see where this is heading. 

Big chance to take the pressure of tonight and missed but never looked like we would take anything and credit to Stenny in the way they played tonight

Wonder what people's view's are now on League Two reconstruction being expanded in time for next season? 

Grab it cos we are lowland league bound 

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

Pep Guardiola couldn’t get a result with our team. Don’t think any of them can pass a ball more than five yards. No-one can shoot. Never mind scoring a goal, we can’t even get a shot on target. It’s just awful.

38 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Pep Guardiola couldn’t get a result with our team. Don’t think any of them can pass a ball more than five yards. No-one can shoot. Never mind scoring a goal, we can’t even get a shot on target. It’s just awful.

The thing is, this team is better than the teams we had when we were down in the play off zone previously. We should be doing better than this.

My thoughts on this are very simple. We are a poor side with better players than they are showing. I dont believe we are particularly well coached. We can moan all we want about the fixture pile up however it is same for most teams.

Our real lack of forward play and attacking threat is embarrassing and Bollan and his coaches have to take the stick for that as they set the team up and work on how to score goals. Players were signed to improve us in forward areas and as such this has not happened. 

We lack spark/energy and creation. Defensively we have done ok. The next 2 games are huge and a even a point on saturday will stop the bleeding so to speak. We need luck rather than creating our own luck due to how we are playing

Im doing commentary for BBTV and I think it was obvious on Sat i wasnt happy with the performance and its hard to remain balanced and not show emotion through the microphone it hurts right now though seeing a downward spiral however lets not forget the ball is in our court. I would emphasise to the players play with freedom play with passion and express themselves. We have good players!. Press the game and if we get caught so be it. However by pressing the game and taking the game to opposition we are taking matters into our own hands.

Mistakes will happen however I feel the team are afraid to go express themselves in fear of mistakes the only one I see with no fear is Harvey. He makes mistakes but he also can create (that goal recently as shown) other players need to step up and Gary needs to let some players off the leash a little.

Looking games ahead is no good just now. Focus the efforts on saturday and lets take care of it ourselves and not worry about Brechin etc etc. There is little positivity in the team hence why the management need to step up.

These are the remaining matches for the bottom four teams:-

We have:-

Brechin x 2

Albion R x 2

Annan x 1

Stirling x 1

Elgin x 1

Brechin have :-

Cowden x 2

Albion R x 2

Annan x 2

Edinburgh x 1

Albion R have :-

Brechin x 2

Cowden x 2

Annan x 1

Stranraer x 1

Elgin x 1

Annan have :-

Brechin x 2

Cowden x 1

Albion R x 1

Stirling x 1

QP x 1

Stenhousemuir x 1

Plus, all will have another match against either Stranraer or Stenhousemuir, depending on final positions.

I would say Brechin have the best run in. Annan the worst.

Edited by PELE

Maybe a call is needed for Sir Alex again it certainly played a part in our revival the last time.  Something like a message of good luck to the remainder of the campaign and they are looking out for their results may inspire the team. 

https://www.centralfifetimes.com/news/16092018.sir-alex-ferguson-backs-blue-brazil/

Any suggestions during this rut will surely be encouraged as certainly something is not quite right on the park right now. 

We have been here before and could be there again and us all working together with no fall outs is key. 

It's been a horrendous few years but football clubs at the heart of the community gives us all a sense of belonging and togetherness. 

Come on Cowden let's get out of this rut and help move forward our special community club. 

1 hour ago, Cowden316 said:

Maybe a call is needed for Sir Alex again it certainly played a part in our revival the last time.  Something like a message of good luck to the remainder of the campaign and they are looking out for their results may inspire the team. 

https://www.centralfifetimes.com/news/16092018.sir-alex-ferguson-backs-blue-brazil/

Any suggestions during this rut will surely be encouraged as certainly something is not quite right on the park right now. 

We have been here before and could be there again and us all working together with no fall outs is key. 

It's been a horrendous few years but football clubs at the heart of the community gives us all a sense of belonging and togetherness. 

Come on Cowden let's get out of this rut and help move forward our special community club. 

The worst thing for me is that it wouldn't take much for us to get out of the mire, but we just watch helplessly as we slowly sink to the bottom. If it wasn't for the league split, we would probably only need a win to survive. With the split, probably a win and avoid defeat in the 2 Brechin matches (or a win apiece against Brechin).

Other teams manage to do it, from worse positions.

I am sure if you swapped our team for Brechin's and swapped league positions, Brechin would comfortably survive.

Brechin will probably beat us and overtake us in the last game before the split.

Edited by PELE

On 08/04/2021 at 19:43, The Phoenix said:

I see the SPFL are saying they have not decided on the play-offs yet. They are not sure if there wil be an additional 4 matches either. A decision may be made on 19th April apparently.

Guest The Phoenix
11 hours ago, PELE said:

I see the SPFL are saying they have not decided on the play-offs yet. They are not sure if there wil be an additional 4 matches either. A decision may be made on 19th April apparently.

There will be an additional four games if all clubs in the league have completed 18 games by Friday 23 April. 

4 hours ago, Thom & Gerry said:

Not according to the press release. Everything is under review.

Can you share the press release? The one I saw doesn't really suggest this at all. It says..

“Given that there are a number of uncertainties, including whether League 2 clubs will play 22 or 18 games this season, we are not in a position to announce dates for Pyramid Play-Off ties this season. 

This doesn't seem to have changed from what we already understood. The only thing it actually says is under review is the pyramid play-offs.

What a difference and huge improvement from our last couple of games. 

A big well done to the team for today's performance taking into account only just played on Thursday. Great response from the team. 

Harvey looks better and more threatening by each game he plays , we showed solid defensive efforts today, good midfield with Hutton showing in my opinion his best performance for Cowdenbeath so far. Barr and Todd leading the back line and Renton put in a great shift and got us the goal that rewarded us a very mportant 3 points. 

That was more of what we are capable of when we press teams as we look more dangerous when we press the opposition. 

Overall a good performance and something to build on. Well done Cowden

12 minutes ago, onecowden said:

We’ve not had many good days in recent times. However today can definitely be called a good day. The pressure was mounting as the lack of wins mounted up. Still work to do but a big step forward today.

Yeah. Huge result. That gives us a little bit of a cushion now, but it is still all to play for. Brechin still poor, but they do create chances and do score. We just have to show more belief and take risks. We are good enough to stay up.