COWDENBEATH 2020-21

Time for Bollan to go 
I just don’t see any progression. Recruitment during the shutdown has been poor.
I have no idea what today’s tactics were meant to be. 
We are in trouble !

It’s certain our form is bad enough to worry. All it needs is Brechin to get a couple of results and we’re dragged right in to the dreaded playoff scenario again. I hate to be the harbinger of doom but it’s reality nowadays, with clubs in the pyramid getting backed up with hard cash we are going to struggle to keep our place in the league short/middle term. Whether these clubs can maintain the cash flow is irrelevant to us. One thing is for sure there is no normal nowadays. The lower echelons of Scottish football has changed whether you like it or not.

It was perfectly reasonable of the manager to start with the same eleven that played quite well in the second half against Edinburgh, but I knew we were going to lose after  about five minutes. Listless laboured  no spark at all. This is largely the same squad that had us in fourth place before lockdown. Think sailor Cowden has hit the nail on the head. The same level of effort and intensity just isn't there. With Brechin and Rovers to play twice each we need to get our act together.

16 minutes ago, onecowden said:

It’s certain our form is bad enough to worry. All it needs is Brechin to get a couple of results and we’re dragged right in to the dreaded playoff scenario again. I hate to be the harbinger of doom but it’s reality nowadays, with clubs in the pyramid getting backed up with hard cash we are going to struggle to keep our place in the league short/middle term. Whether these clubs can maintain the cash flow is irrelevant to us. One thing is for sure there is no normal nowadays. The lower echelons of Scottish football has changed whether you like it or not.

Brechin are creating chances, so it's just a matter of time before they score a few and win some games. We create literally nothing.

I wish we would try something different up front. We would have more chance of scoring if we switched Renton with Swann. Renton is a better defender and Swann far more likely to score. Anything would be better than plodding along the way we are.

Very disheartening to watch that today. I’d thought that Cowden would apply at least  the same level of application and desire  they showed in the second half against Edinburgh City but sadly and frustrating that just wasn’t the case. That was one of the poorest Cowden teams I’ve seen in a long time and that really is saying something. Apart from Swan I saw very little quality throughout the team. Obviously we are limited in resources but you’d at least expect the players to be super motivated for such a crucial game. The constant use of the long throw which clearly wasn’t working showed that we were desperately hoping for a break of the ball instead of trying to create chances. Albion comfortably saw out the game and we only created one good chance which their keeper saved well. 
Our  fate is very much in our own hands so hopefully we can dig out a few good results from somewhere. It’s a punishing schedule of games for all of the teams so a few upsets should be on the cards. Let’s just hope it’s not Brechin creating them. 

Edited by Only coo in the village

22 hours ago, Only coo in the village said:

Very disheartening to watch that today. I’d thought that Cowden would apply at least  the same level of application and desire  they showed in the second half against Edinburgh City but sadly and frustrating that just wasn’t the case. That was one of the poorest Cowden teams I’ve seen in a long time and that really is saying something. Apart from Swan I saw very little quality throughout the team. Obviously we are limited in resources but you’d at least expect the players to be super motivated for such a crucial game. The constant use of the long throw which clearly wasn’t working showed that we were desperately hoping for a break of the ball instead of trying to create chances. Albion comfortably saw out the game and we only created one good chance which their keeper saved well. 
Our  fate is very much in our own hands so hopefully we can dig out a few good results from somewhere. It’s a punishing schedule of games for all of the teams so a few upsets should be on the cards. Let’s just hope it’s not Brechin creating them. 

Might be a good time for a few boys to go down with COVID and make sure it’s an 18 game season. Weather the next couple of days might help by scuppering a few games!

I have just got the worst feeling possible about how the rest of the season is going to pan out.  We've 5 matches before the split:

Stenny (a)
Elgin (H)
Albion (a)
Stirling (H)
Brechin (a)

Where do we see us picking up points? Clearly tomorrow's match against Stenhousemuir is massive as they are the only team with nothing to play for.  To me it's a must win as Brechin will probably pick up some points before the split.  Does anybody see us scoring goals?  

Four positives from last night. Albion Rovers didn’t win, Brechin City didn’t win, Annan Athletic didn’t win and we don’t have to play Queens Park again. Negatives, well too many to list. We just have to keep going. It’s a tough gig being a Cowden fan.

Tomorrow night's game is a must win. We need to create a bigger gap between us and Brechin. If we don't win we will be in deep trouble. This is the time to make sure.

While Stenny still have faint hopes of the play-offs, their season is basically petering out. We need to go on the attack. Get three up front instead of Renton on his own. We need to score.

I bet Brechin would love to be in our position, with the chance of jumping over Annan and Albion and moving 7 points clear from the bottom team. It's in our hands, so lets go out and make sure. We have good enough players to win. Come on Cowden!

6 minutes ago, big al said:

Almost correct, thankfully Stenny got an equaliser.

Unfortunately they then missed a penalty. However, Albion Rovers also missed a penalty in their game.

2 minutes ago, PELE said:

Unfortunately they then missed a penalty. However, Albion Rovers also missed a penalty in their game.

At the moment it’s like a waiting game to see who will win a game first, Brechin or Cowden. Big boost for whoever it is.

1 hour ago, big al said:

At the moment it’s like a waiting game to see who will win a game first, Brechin or Cowden. Big boost for whoever it is.

I think whoever does will avoid the dreaded play off spot. That's why we need to go all out for a win tomorrow. A win tomorrow will be a massively important result.

Hi guys, newbie to this forum.

Tonight is massive, our game in hand. A point would be just about acceptable, but 3 points could define our season.

I don't want to watch the last 4 games hoping that Brechin lose to save our league status, I'd much rather we took the initiative and made whatever Brechin do irrelevant.