COWDENBEATH 2020-21

7 hours ago, peternapper said:

been announced Coxy contract ended by mutual consent. Was there a incident behind this or something things seem to point to something but not aware what the reason was.

Guessing from the way it’s been done that what’s been announced is all they want to be shared so maybe best all round to keep it at that?

25 minutes ago, big al said:

Guessing from the way it’s been done that what’s been announced is all they want to be shared so maybe best all round to keep it at that?

Fair enough, just was not sure if he picked up  an injury or something. Am familiar with David so hope everything works out for him. Always been a player that has given his all to whoever he has been with.

I don't think the Cowden board were terribly impressed when he got a red against Edinburgh City at Ainslie Park. It seemed to be the final straw for some (ten men Cowden won that game too, the rotters)

Perhaps his reputation goes against him a wee bit. He's not everyone's cup of Bovril but I've always liked Coxy for his effort and willingness to put himself about. I'm sure someone will pick him up.

8 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I don't think the Cowden board were terribly impressed when he got a red against Edinburgh City at Ainslie Park. It seemed to be the final straw for some (ten men Cowden won that game too, the rotters)

Perhaps his reputation goes against him a wee bit. He's not everyone's cup of Bovril but I've always liked Coxy for his effort and willingness to put himself about. I'm sure someone will pick him up.

Dont think he has played since then.

22 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Coxy scored many important goals for Cowden but did have a very short fuse. Some opposition  players took advantage of that sadly.

Wish him all the best, he always gave 100%

Was huving a rumage through some old stuff earlier and came across a some old Cowden stuff.

Cowden 91-92 team pic from a special Central Fife Times edition from 2003
Got a photo taken of me sitting in the drivers seat of the striking team bus away at Berwick in 91, lost it many years ago though.

My season ticket book from 2000-01 season, brilliant season following the team home and away.

And the match programme looking a bit tatty v Clydebank in the cup from 1992..

cowden9192.jpg

Cowden0001.jpg

clydebank.jpg

Edited by The Blue Brasilion

4 hours ago, The Blue Brasilion said:

Was huving a rumage through some old stuff earlier and came across a some old Cowden stuff.

Cowden 91-92 team pic from a special Central Fife Times edition from 2003
Got a photo taken of me sitting in the drivers seat of the striking team bus away at Berwick in 91, lost it many years ago though.

My season ticket book from 2000-01 season, brilliant season following the team home and away.

And the match programme looking a bit tatty v Clydebank in the cup from 1992..

cowden9192.jpg

Cowden0001.jpg

clydebank.jpg

Nice. Did we get beat in the Clydebank game? Maybe two nil. I remember being at one there about that time. The home fans spent the whole match slagging Sumo. I think he played for them maybe at some point. 

5 minutes ago, HenryHill said:

Nice. Did we get beat in the Clydebank game? Maybe two nil. I remember being at one there about that time. The home fans spent the whole match slagging Sumo. I think he played for them maybe at some point. 

Got beat 3-1, am sure it was Gus Malone that scored for us. They did give Sumo it tight, think he played a handful of games for them the previous season. 

33 minutes ago, big al said:

Should try for Michael Ruth on loan from Aberdeen. Once Kamberi arrives up there (this week coming)  they will let him go out on loan as needs games.

He was just on loan to a Championship club so they probably aren't going to want him dropping to a League 2 club now.

12 minutes ago, The_Pit_Owns said:

He was just on loan to a Championship club so they probably aren't going to want him dropping to a League 2 club now.

Didn’t get enough game time at Arbroath so re called him. Don’t ask, don’t get.

Edited by big al

• 4 weeks later...

Very interesting read. I only have admiration for someone who speaks out like this. Professional football at a lower level than the elite is a tough gig. It’s only a short career and players have to maximise their earnings when they can. He didn’t really get a chance at Rangers after his knee injury. It must have been a kick in the teeth then having to go part time with Cowdenbeath. However when he was at Central Park he gave his all in every game I seen him play. He deserved his chance to go full time again and eventually back in Scotland with Dundee in the Scottish Premiership. He is an excellent striker and I wish him all the best in the future. Him and Greg Stewart up front for Cowden was a golden era for me.

23 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Thought this was a wind up. Good luck Marco.

I can vaguely remember seeing him on Twitter ages ago and speaking to him briefly.  Forgot all about it!

New loan signing:
"With the Cowdenbeath FC squad now back training with PCR testing in place, manager Gary Bollan moved to augment his playing resources by signing Ryan Finnie on loan from Berwick Rangers. With a likely packed programme of matches ahead he was delighted to sign the experienced defender.

Ryan is aged 26 and joined Berwick back in October. He has previously played with several SPFL sides including Hamilton, Annan, Alloa, Dumbarton, Clyde and Queen’s Park. Ryan has also played abroad in Sweden and Australia and was capped by Scotland at under-19 level.

We are delighted to welcome Ryan to Central Park and look forward to seeing him in action in the weeks ahead."