COWDENBEATH 2020-21

2 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Not much festive cheer going on in this thread this year!  Not really surprising so I thought I'd see if I could come up with something to raise spirits.

6 years ago just before Xmas we travelled south to Dumfries to take on Queen of the South.  

So the question I ask you - what is your favourite ever away injury time winner?  Going by Soccerway that was the last time we scored a decisive goal in stoppage time on the road.

Other ones from around that time - Kyle Miller scoring in a 2v1 cup win over Clyde. Obviously the 4v3 comeback win over Stirling Albion will be a popular choice as well!

I'd like to nominate another Stirling game but it was just an equaliser.  A 2 all draw with John Ferguson scoring with the last kick of the game.  We were winning 1-0 with a Gareth Wardlaw goal before they went down to 10 men. Amazingly they then scored twice to go 2-1 up before Ferguson scrambled the ball home.  Place went mental.

Just watch the playoff game against the Townies, that would cheer anyone up.

3 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Just watch the playoff game against the Townies, that would cheer anyone up.

I was going to put that up but we've probably all watched it a hundred times :lol:

Just thought of another but one I didn't attend. Berwick 4 v 5 Cowdenbeath from 2008.

Was Toories winner against Brechin in the promotion decider last minute? It's was so long a go I can't quite remember. I remember the goal of course. If so, that was a cracker. 

Although it wasn't in a big game, I did enjoy Jamie Stevenson last minute equaliser away to Livingston when we're down to ten men. Was a good atmosphere at that one.

2 hours ago, HenryHill said:

Was Toories winner against Brechin in the promotion decider last minute? It's was so long a go I can't quite remember. I remember the goal of course. If so, that was a cracker. 

Although it wasn't in a big game, I did enjoy Jamie Stevenson last minute equaliser away to Livingston when we're down to ten men. Was a good atmosphere at that one.

Was it this goal? Lewis Milne late on after Chopper had been sent off :

On 16/12/2020 at 22:02, The_Pit_Owns said:

Graeme Brown scoring in the last minute against East Fife in 2001. Came on as a late sub to net the winner. 

Remember that, the noise we made when it went it, we  all clapped the players off the pitch at the end which seemed to go on forever, lol. 

4 hours ago, The Blue Brasilion said:

Toorie scoring the winner to beat Elgin 1-0 in 2000/01 season, on a Sunday I think, a right few of us were already out the gates when he scored. 

That was a good one. Elgin player put it on a plate for him. That was our fifth win out of five against Elgin that season I remember for some reason. 

On 17/12/2020 at 17:25, HenryHill said:

That's the one. Thanks. Got the scorer wrong. That was a fun day. Can't believe it was eight years ago.

Good player Lewis Milne on his day he is unstoppable.The year we won league he scored a hat trick against Stirling Albion,then 1 or 2 the midweek game against you lost was lashing down that night.

4 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

You all forgot Brechin 5 Cowden 7 on a horrible midweek night.Riordan scored (3) or nearly scored every time he got the ball.

Some horrendous goalkeeping.

That wasn't midweek.  Sure that was a Saturday!

Horrendous keeping by Davie Hay in the Brechin goal :lol: 

Edited by The Minertaur