COWDENBEATH 2020-21

11 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Watching the game. Not much quality on show. Cowden's passing is atrocious, Swann is having a mare so far.

11 minutes ago, ronaldincoo said:

Watching the game. Not much quality on show. Cowden's passing is atrocious, Swann is having a mare so far.

Cowden awful. Harvey looks overweight, not fit or even interested.

7 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Cowden awful. Harvey looks overweight, not fit or even interested.

Don't understand the game plan. Appears to be to hoof it up to one of the smallest players on the pitch. Don't think the Stranraer defence have broken sweat so far.

Edited by ronaldincoo

7 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Stranraer. No wins in 19 - play us.......

Well that was £7.99 and 92 minutes of my life I'll never get back.

Swann and Miller were embarrasingly and staggeringly awful. I don't think either of them managed a pass to a Cowden shirt all day.

Edited by ronaldincoo

The game will be streamed yes. Not sure on price etc but assume will come out in the next few days.
Cowden really down to bare bones just now squad wise so hopefully get some players back fit soon.

These injuries are beyond annoying. Hopefully the Rovers will take it easy on Saturday. I fear a pumping.

13 minutes ago, onecowden said:

These injuries are beyond annoying. Hopefully the Rovers will take it easy on Saturday. I fear a pumping.

What’s up with Morrison and Renton? If we put out the same team again as we did on Saturday we might not lose many goals ( defence was good)  but we won’t score many. As for injuries, that’s the McInnes excuse when Aberdeen lose. 
At least we aren’t playing a league game.

23 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

What’s up with Morrison and Renton? If we put out the same team again as we did on Saturday we might not lose many goals ( defence was good)  but we won’t score many. As for injuries, that’s the McInnes excuse when Aberdeen lose. 
At least we aren’t playing a league game.

They are both injured and I think Renton out for a wee while although not sure how long.

As for injuries we aint aberdeen with a squad of 22 plus talented youngsters. We are part time with an even lower budget than normal. We actually have players playing with knocks already. Wee bit of slack for some of the lads playing they didnt even get a full pre season and this is where injuries can happen.

We cant even fill our bench currently and have a 42 year old coach on bench every week. Russell should be in this weekend or next at least. Would be good if we could sign a couple more players on loan to help the squad.

Cowdens issues not doubt stem from not creating enough chances going forward real lack of outlet and threat. Olly Hamilton for me cant play as a lone striker he needs someone up beside him for him to flourish.

19 minutes ago, NELLY said:

They are both injured and I think Renton out for a wee while although not sure how long.

As for injuries we aint aberdeen with a squad of 22 plus talented youngsters. We are part time with an even lower budget than normal. We actually have players playing with knocks already. Wee bit of slack for some of the lads playing they didnt even get a full pre season and this is where injuries can happen.

We cant even fill our bench currently and have a 42 year old coach on bench every week. Russell should be in this weekend or next at least. Would be good if we could sign a couple more players on loan to help the squad.

Cowdens issues not doubt stem from not creating enough chances going forward real lack of outlet and threat. Olly Hamilton for me cant play as a lone striker he needs someone up beside him for him to flourish.

Not comparing Cowden with Aberdeen, but the injury excuse is used by teams which have 20-30 players available when they lose. It's November surely players can't still be suffering from no preseason (  and Russell hasn't had one) Are Smith and Hay no longer available?

Agree about Hamilton, Renton would be ideal to play alongside him.

On 10/11/2020 at 04:58, onecowden said:

Given we had only 4 healthy to put on the bench Tuesday, you may not be so worried. We reportedly have two of our four CB’s out (one injured and one suspended) and our LB, for which we have no cover, is probably still out too. I wouldn’t be surprised if three of those four on the bench (all younger than 20, and the fourth was a goalie) started Saturday, and I would expect our leading scorer (Duku) to be withheld to help him recover from some knocks, plus at least two or three other forwards are injured.

On the other hand, there is a pretty convoluted scenario for the Rovers qualifying that includes needing to make up about a five goal differential!

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 11:06, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Not comparing Cowden with Aberdeen, but the injury excuse is used by teams which have 20-30 players available when they lose. It's November surely players can't still be suffering from no preseason (  and Russell hasn't had one) Are Smith and Hay no longer available?

Agree about Hamilton, Renton would be ideal to play alongside him.

Muscle injuries are proving commonplace due to 7 month lay off - that was anticipated and partly why 5 sub rule was introduced.  However, it has been an almost unprecedented run of injuries.  By my reckoning we are almost six weeks into the season and injuries/illness have involved Sinclair, Pyper, Swann, Pollock, Cox, Buchanan, Sneddon, Herd, Morrison, Renton, Kavanagh, Hay and Smith