COWDENBEATH 2020-21

8 hours ago, ronaldincoo said:

Sorry. Not wiiling to accept that. No different for other teams in Div 2. Whatever the team is has got to be ready for the first game of the season and up for it. #getagrip

So every other team had more than half its likely starting line up missing and they all played 2 games v full time opponents in last few days?  It’s you that needs to get a grip of the facts it seems to me.  

4 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

So every other team had more than half its likely starting line up missing and they all played 2 games v full time opponents in last few days?  It’s you that needs to get a grip of the facts it seems to me.  

That’s really unlucky, so many players injured at the same time.

4 hours ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

That’s really unlucky, so many players injured at the same time.

Dunbar in the East of Scotland League also had half their team missing yesterday and got a doing off Camelon.

After a near 6 month lay off and with pitches as good as they're every likely to be why are players getting injured? That's the question to ask.

On 18/10/2020 at 18:44, tamthebam said:

Dunbar in the East of Scotland League also had half their team missing yesterday and got a doing off Camelon.

After a near 6 month lay off and with pitches as good as they're every likely to be why are players getting injured? That's the question to ask.

Match fitness. If the season continues, as unaffected as possible over the coming weeks, it'll take at least a month or so before teams start getting into their rhythm after a more-than six-month lay-off, and all the malarky behind the scenes at most clubs.

I think the only thing clubs and managers can ask for during these shite times is a bit of patience and understanding from fans that this season really is like no other.

It's a strange time

I got a sneaky peak at one of this season's Cowden programmes on Saturday.

It was a double issue given the state of things but it was a fantastic effort that knocks a few Premier clubs' efforts I've seen into a cockit hat. 

(Right Mr Mullen, that's a pint you owe me :lol:)

47 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Iain Russell. Hopefully he can get a few goals for us. We have been struggling on that front. It’s coming together.

Now 38 yr old - one of these players you used to detest but would have loved to be on your team. Hopefully he is past it tomorrow.