COWDENBEATH 2020-21

Cowdenbeath FC can today confirm some changes which impact on our Betfred Cup ties v Hearts and Inverness Caledonian Thistle.  

As many know, Central Park was badly hit by flooding in the storm on 11/12 August.  The ground floor of the building was inundated with water which flowed in from outside from the car park area and this caused extensive and expensive damage.  Work has been underway since then to remediate matters not least to allow us to host our home fixtures under the Covid social distancing requirements, starting with our match v Hearts on Saturday.  This was well in hand.  

However, this weekend a further storm created a new problem.  On Saturday morning when we entered the interior of the new stand there was further significant flooding in the downstairs areas.  Water was running down some walls and coming through ceilings.  Upstairs in the Boardroom water was pouring through the ceiling.  

This time the problem was a major roof leak.  8 rooms were scheduled to be used as dressing rooms for the Hearts game and many of these have been impacted to differing degrees.  Some repair works already completed will need to be redone with floors being taken up whilst some ceilings now need replaced.  The current internal building works have been partly interrupted whilst roof repairs, weather permitting, will take a few days.

It was thus evident that Central Park’s dressing room facilities would, because of this new damage, not all now be ready for the game on Saturday.  We therefore can now confirm, following discussions with the SPFL and Hearts and with the kind assistance of our friends at East Fife, that Saturday’s Betfred Cup tie v Hearts will now take place at the Locality Hub Bayview Stadium with a 3pm kick off.

We have also been in discussions with Inverness Caledonian Thistle re the Betfred Cup tie at the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium on Tuesday 13 October.  Our thanks go to Inverness Caledonian Thistle and the SPFL for their agreement to advance the kick off time to 6.30pm.

Hi Folks

Some info on East Fife TV’s coverage of tomorrow night’s game for those interested.

The cost of the stream is £10 (split gates still apply in cup games with streaming).

Our preferred payment method is PayPal but you can also pay by card if PayPal isn’t an option for you. Please note, card payments will close at 12pm tomorrow but PayPal payments will continue.

The East Fife TV team will be on air from 7.15pm for a short pre-match show including (hopefully) interviews with both managers.

To sign up visit http://www.eftv.info

Watched the game last night. Some interesting viewing. Thought the keeper was magnificent and looks to be a great piece of business defo kept the score down in the 2nd half.

Graham Taylor and the Keeper was our best players by a mile. The new left back looks steady and comfy like the look of him. Few players you can tell are nowhere near match fit e.g mullen/Todd/Herd.

We worked hard and had a good shape first half. Offered next to zero in the 2nd half in regards to attacking.

The boy hamilton was anonymous and rents does his work too far from goal. Scoring goals will be our issue this season make no mistake.

Tough couple of games for lads but look on it as building up their fitness because they will certainly be pushed with the teams they are playing soon. The squad is too light in numbers to try push for a promotion challenge nowhere near it actually but perhaps some loan signings or free agent signings to come in the future once we know more about fans coming back. 

15 hours ago, iateallthepies said:

What was the starting eleven?

Sinclair

Mullen, Todd, Barr, Clarke
Buchanan, Miller, Herd, Taylor
Hamilton, Renton

I think that was the formation but I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

Cowden will be fine this year. Very well organised and hard working. Was really impressed with the Barr and Todd at the back, they seem to have formed a good partnership. Fraser Mullen had a good game at right back. Though Graham Taylor was your best player by far imo, bags of pace and can take a man on. Sinclair make a couple cracking saves and commended his box well. Could do with another couple additions to strengthen the bench though

4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Sinclair

Mullen, Todd, Barr, Clarke
Buchanan, Miller, Herd, Taylor
Hamilton, Renton

I think that was the formation but I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

Looked more like a 4-3-3 to me with Hamilton and Taylor playing either side of Renton. 

Good to see Ross Sinclair has made a good start to his time at Cowdenbeath. He’s very, very highly rated at saints and it was a shame his time at Brechin last season didn’t yield as much game time as we’d have liked. Still he’s only just tuned 19 this season and hopefully he does well and starts to push for a starting spot with us, suspect he’ll be our second choice next season as we save a wave on a senior goalie, so here’s hoping he comes back with plenty of confidence.

1 hour ago, Widge said:

Good to see Ross Sinclair has made a good start to his time at Cowdenbeath. He’s very, very highly rated at saints and it was a shame his time at Brechin last season didn’t yield as much game time as we’d have liked. Still he’s only just tuned 19 this season and hopefully he does well and starts to push for a starting spot with us, suspect he’ll be our second choice next season as we save a wave on a senior goalie, so here’s hoping he comes back with plenty of confidence.

Only seen him in the game v Hearts. Played very well.

3 hours ago, Widge said:

He was VERY impressive again tonight. 

Great signing so far.