COWDENBEATH 2020-21

Alrite folks, sorry, am a complete noob both to this thread and to P&B but working on something quite specific and could do with some local expertise.

Basically I'm a football writer and I'm working on something for Nutmeg Magazine all about the infamous 'Cowden Family' song and the weird 15 minutes of fame it had back in 1996. Have done a few interviews already but one thing I'm missing is some input from someone on the Cowdenbeath side of things. Was passed on Ron Ferguson's details but he hasn't got back to me yet.

I get that yous might have had your fill of this over the years and it probably isn't everyone's favourite chapter of history to revisit!  But I just find the STV report on it - and the weirdly serious tone it takes on such a daft subject matter - endlessly fascinating, so it's more that side of it that I'm focused on. It's such a mental little time capsule of Scotland in the 90s...Mizuno jumpers galore. 

So if there's anyone you can think of from the CFC perspective - be it ex-players/staff, writers, journos, podcasters - that you think would have something to say about that era and be up for doing an interview, let me know. Or even if you yourself have any specific memories, feel free to share them. 

cheers!

Scott

19 hours ago, mo83 said:

200.gif

It looks increasingly unlikely that the saintly Nicola will permit any fans to attend any games soon. Our only salvation may be PPV with live TV screening. I was recently able to watch a   family event  held in Perth West Australia as it happened,  with a perfect picture on our home TV.  It is obvious to me that this is a a sure method of providing a revenue stream for the club, certainly now in these worrying times for all fans but also long term for those fans unable to attend games. I am very ready to pay and I hope the club are looking actively  now at screening home games for subscribers. 

8 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

It looks increasingly unlikely that the saintly Nicola will permit any fans to attend any games soon. Our only salvation may be PPV with live TV screening. I was recently able to watch a   family event  held in Perth West Australia as it happened,  with a perfect picture on our home TV.  It is obvious to me that this is a a sure method of providing a revenue stream for the club, certainly now in these worrying times for all fans but also long term for those fans unable to attend games. I am very ready to pay and I hope the club are looking actively  now at screening home games for subscribers. 

Like this, getting to games in winter can be a problem.

1 minute ago, Brazilianlex said:

Hardly hiding Mo 

Did you know this is a Football forum ? take your political pish elsewhere.

Shat it! I've never made one political comment so ill be going no where."Football Forum "is it not?