COWDENBEATH 2020-21

9 hours ago, cowden0 said:

Lochgelly stock cars are allowed to have a crowd as long as they are in there parked cars emoji593.png watching. Maybe we could do the same around the track like auld Gronbach used to do back in the day. Just a thought. The shite that goes around my brain these days.

somebody's got a load of those old disabled cars for sale that you see at the side of pitches in old photos from the 1970s- do you fancy doing them up? you could sell them as Central Park executive boxes! 

8692330.jpg.53040017f3cb8ab9090bed67ffe96705.jpg

Back in the Game!

Cowdenbeath took the field once more after a 6 month absence in the unfamiliar surroundings of North End Park, Dundee.  On a lovely day, Cowden clicked right into gear with an early goal.  Nice interplay between the trialist no 10 and Robbie Buchanan saw Robbie’s shot hit the post and rebound off the Dundee North End ‘keeper into the net.  Kyle Miller then came close to making it 2-0 when his long range drive rattled off the post.  

A second goal wasn’t too long in coming and a fine run by Graham Taylor set up Kris Renton to fire home.  

In the second half Olly Hamilton came on to join Ross Clarke in making his debut.  Cowden continued in the ascendancy and were only denied further goals by the Dokens’ goalkeeper and some desperate defending.  Graham Taylor though cleverly combined on the left with the trialist no 10 before bursting through and crashing a shot high into the net.  Cowden made 8 substitutions in the second half and it was another trialist forward who crashed home an unstoppable 25 yarder to make it 4-0.  This powerful mystery man scorer looked rather familiar!  

In the closing seconds, Dundee North End had their first real attempt on goal and Mac Whyte pulled off a spectacular save.  A Dokens’ player though was impeded going for the rebound and a penalty was awarded.  Dundee  North End thus made it 4-1 despite Mac Whyte almost saving the spot kick.  

And that was it - 4-1 to Cowden and a good work out on a warm, sunny day.  It’s good to be back! 

2 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Sincerely hope everyone associated with the club are doing as well as possible at the moment. Pretty quiet place this understandably. Sadly I think we're still a long way off hearing those old turnstiles click again. Hopefully I'm proved wrong!

If the SG had applied the same restrictions in Glasgow weeks ago as they did in Aberdeen after the “COVID 8” got caught, things would have been so different.

But votes are more important.

2 hours ago, CowdenLoyal said:

Sincerely hope everyone associated with the club are doing as well as possible at the moment. Pretty quiet place this understandably. Sadly I think we're still a long way off hearing those old turnstiles click again. Hopefully I'm proved wrong!

Yeah was just thinking today won’t be at games before March which would be a year.

Just a totally shit situation.