North of Scotland Under 20's League

Dev

18 minutes ago, Dev said:

How many clubs already have teams in this league? Any ideas which clubs too?

Last season was Clachnacuddin, Elgin City, Forres Mechanics, Lossiemouth, Nairn County and Rothes.

Alness Utd and Brora Rangers have fielded teams in previous years.

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Wonder if Athletic's younger players will be able to play in both teams, seeing as the NCL fixtures have been cut down?

I would think so. Games are usually on a Monday night.

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Just out of interest, what are the rules in Scotland over dual league registration (players)  anyone know ?

Would you believe me if I said the bizarre system of separate grades makes things tricky?

If by dual registration you mean how a player can be a squad player with e.g. a Northern Premier League club and also a non-contract player for a Northern League club, as far as I know that's not possible, outwith being a trialist.

My knowledge of the contracts is a bit rusty, but there was an issue with moving senior to amateur ("senior" as in NCL). There was a cooling off period and I think a max games limit. That has changed and there's recreational forms now. I still don't think you can be registered with more than one club though. I never played both NCL and amateur (even then only a  couple a games to fill in), but I think @Spyromight have.

The SJFA has the whole reinstatement malarkey. There's definitely an issue with SYFA and SFA registrations as the SYFA have pretty strongly stated that their players can't play in the new U20 for another club.

8 hours ago, Cyclizine said:

I really don’t know how it worked. I was only signed with one team on any given season, that was 12-14 years ago now and I never paid much attention to what the other lads were doing.
I’d imagine it’s all different now, the leagues up there seems to be really getting things sorted. It’s great to see the NCL starting to pick up again after a few dodgy seasons. Yes the standard at the bottom isn’t great but these new outlying teams have to start somewhere and now have a good pathway for the young ‘inbetweeners’ who are good enough to step up from amateurs but aren’t quite good enough to play top senior football... felt we lost a generation of decent highland footballers during this time

https://www.invernessathleticfc.co.uk/news_article.php?id=459

INVERNESS ATHLETIC

Football Club

logo
  • 459.jpg

Inverness Athletic Football Club are proud to announce an exciting new partnership with one of the biggest Youth football clubs in Inverness, Balloan Football Club.

This exciting new link up between the two clubs will provide young footballers in Inverness a complete pathway from under 10s level all the way up to adult level in the North Caledonian League.

Balloan Football Club was formed in 1990 with the aim of offering children from the age of nine the chance to participate in football at an exciting new club. The success of this has help the club grow over the years and it now boasts no fewer than eights teams competing at various age groups, providing over 160 children in the Inverness area and beyond the chance to start their football journeys.

James Fraser from Balloan FC said on the new partnership “Everyone at Balloan FC is delighted to create this partnership with Inverness Athletic FC. This link between the two clubs now means that we can offer players a pathways from the age of 9 all the way up to Adult Football, which can only be a good thing. We are looking forward to working with Inverness Athletic over the coming years to help develop the vast amount of talented young footballers in the Inverness area.”

Inverness Athletic Chairman Sandy Stephen said, “To create a partnership with one of the largest Youth football clubs in Inverness once again shows our clubs desire to give youth a chance. Balloan FC are a fantastically well run youth club who pride themselves on helping young players grow, not only as footballers but as people too, a view echoed by Inverness Athletic. To be able to confirm this exciting partnership hot on the heels of the announcement of our new Under 20s squad shows the clubs commitment to helping develop players in Inverness and is another big step forward for our young club. We are really looking forward to working with James and everyone else at Balloan.”

• 2 months later...

I've got all of the other Senior/junior/reserve and U20 results from all of Scotland's leagues and cups from the 2014-15 season onwards, apart from 2 years of the NoSFA U20 league - it seems like it's not well reported online.  The Highland League website only covers the league results from 2017-18 on, but there were at least 2 previous seasons.  Most of the results I've found from these 2 previous seasons have come from Nairn County's website.  Clachnacuddin, Lossiemouth and Forres don't seem to have mentioned the matches much until recently, and Alness didn't have a website.

If anybody can help with any results from the 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons, I'd be very grateful.  At the moment, I've managed to dig up 26 of the 50 scores over the 2 seasons.

http://scotscores.theroonba.com/nsfau20.htm

Edited by mcruic

• 7 months later...