Darvel F C 20/21

1 hour ago, Blackie Gold said:

Firstly Pollok moved to the WOSL for the same reason as a lot of clubs they didn't want left in a football wasteland. Secondly I'm not sure Kilwinning have a licence. Thirdly If Talbot win the league you can be 100% sure they won't fling the play-offs. However if you really want to make sure this doesn't happen then knock us off the top of table.

Ok we'll give it a shot. Buffs r working towards there licence as r use. Maybe ur committee have plans 2 go up and do well but i dont feel the same vipe from ur fans. Think most use would rather stay the big fish in small pond (junior level) 

Mon the papers

5 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Ok we'll give it a shot. Buffs r working towards there licence as r use. Maybe ur committee have plans 2 go up and do well but i dont feel the same vipe from ur fans. Think most use would rather stay the big fish in small pond (junior level) 

Mon the papers

There is some fans who don't see the draw of Civil Service Strollers, Dalbeattie and that ilk compared to a good old clash with Pollok and the likes. However in 20 years time we should have emptied all the dross from the LL and could be battling for third place behind Rangers & Celtic Colts.

18 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Mon the papers

We already have a licence

9 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

There is some fans who don't see the draw of Civil Service Strollers, Dalbeattie and that ilk compared to a good old clash with Pollok and the likes. However in 20 years time we should have emptied all the dross from the LL and could be battling for third place behind Rangers & Celtic Colts.

Yes and id like 2 think there might be at least 3 maybe 4 teams in wosl playing higher than tier 4 in 20 year time. 

Mon the papers

17 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Thats the problem we could face with talbot winning the league but then losing a playoff game they wouldnt lose before. This is why am confused why pollok moved 2 the wosl when they cant win promotion to LL. Obviously us buffs and darvel have done loads of work 2 achieve club licence n well done buffs n darvel. Clubs with ambition 

Mon the papers

Why would anyone think Talbot or any other team wouldn't want to win a promotion playoff? 

Clydebank fans have went full Q anon with the conspiracy theories this season.

Just now, Shanner said:

You can expand on what this all means for Talbot if you like.

You asked the question why any football team wouldn't want to win a promotion play-off. I'm simply pointing out that for years Brora have done as much as they can to ensure they don't win that play-off, half their team fucked off on holiday before one of the finals against Brechin. Talbot may go all out to win the play-off should they get there but I don't doubt there are teams formerly of the junior grade who would prefer to stay at regional level. Talbot have been very vocal in their defence of the junior grade and seemed to be one of the clubs who didn't want the pyramid to happen - I'm not sure it would only be Q-Anon nutjobs who make the assumption that Talbot might want to stay in a regional league. I hope you are correct and they do all they can to climb the leagues though. 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You asked the question why any football team wouldn't want to win a promotion play-off. I'm simply pointing out that for years Brora have done as much as they can to ensure they don't win that play-off, half their team fucked off on holiday before one of the finals against Brechin. Talbot may go all out to win the play-off should they get there but I don't doubt there are teams formerly of the junior grade who would prefer to stay at regional level. Talbot have been very vocal in their defence of the junior grade and seemed to be one of the clubs who didn't want the pyramid to happen - I'm not sure it would only be Q-Anon nutjobs who make the assumption that Talbot might want to stay in a regional league. I hope you are correct and they do all they can to climb the leagues though. 

I was asking the question from a WOS perspective and in the context of the ongoing discussion about whether the teams opposed to the pyramid would be up for promotion. I mean yes you're right about Brora so fair enough but I wouldn't think their story is going to be indicative of the WOS League.

Since the restructuring, fans of clubs who were pro pyramid have speculated about the intentions and motivation of the more reluctant clubs but where's the actual evidence that Talbot, Pollok or whoever won't want to get promoted?  A good bit of this exists only in the minds of folk that like making stuff up I'd say, which you have to say is a key indicator of being a nutjob.

The effort and money Talbot have put into their set up clearly isn't just for the WOS League and the odd Scottish cup run and the increased crowds suggest that nobody in the support has chucked it either. 

6 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I was asking the question from a WOS perspective and in the context of the ongoing discussion about whether the teams opposed to the pyramid would be up for promotion. I mean yes you're right about Brora so fair enough but I wouldn't think their story is going to be indicative of the WOS League.

Since the restructuring, fans of clubs who were pro pyramid have speculated about the intentions and motivation of the more reluctant clubs but where's the actual evidence that Talbot, Pollok or whoever won't want to get promoted?  A good bit of this exists only in the minds of folk that like making stuff up I'd say, which you have to say is a key indicator of being a nutjob.

The effort and money Talbot have put into their set up clearly isn't just for the WOS League and the odd Scottish cup run and the increased crowds suggest that nobody in the support has chucked it either. 

That speculation from fans is probably a direct result of what has gone on in the Highland League with Brora though, it's not like it's an random thought with no basis or precedent, this shit actually happened. I'm glad to hear that about Talbot though, I'm sure they can be great addition to the league. 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

That speculation from fans is probably a direct result of what has gone on in the Highland League with Brora though, it's not like it's an random thought with no basis or precedent, this shit actually happened. I'm glad to hear that about Talbot though, I'm sure they can be great addition to the league. 

Brora were always a bit of an outlier. It's not sustainable trying to compete nationally based that far North.

If anyone in the Central belt tries to sit out thinking its better staying put, then they'll eventually get left behind.

10 minutes ago, Talbot supporter said:

It's the lowland league that looks a nightmare tbh football wise and financially, our league is better imo. But League 2 would be good for us , just a pity about this lowland league but it is what it is.

I think the more relegation there is to tier 5 without immediate promotion, the likelier we are to see more places in Div 2 and possibly automatic promotion. Things will take a wee while but in 5 years I predict Lowland will see some very ambitious West clubs competing in it

Edited by BANKIEBILL

47 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Brora were always a bit of an outlier. It's not sustainable trying to compete nationally based that far North.

They're an hour beyond Dingwall/Inverness, I'm unsure why it would be unsustainable. Sounds like the sort of long away day that hundreds of fans cry out for each year.