Darvel F C 20/21

I think Mick tells the odd porkie pie tbh .

Some of  the figures banded about are just silly and is pure jealousy , as a supporter I don’t care whether they are on £40 per week or £400 per week I would be expecting a lot more on the park than what we are seeing and that’s up to mick to sort out which I really hope he can and im sure he will , Ive read and listened to another couple of articles at the weekend where mick said he had no say in not entering the junior cup , well the committee had no say either so who decided they wouldn’t enter the junior cup ? Honestly when I’m on the street that’s all people talk about and is the worst Decision the club has ever made , u should never forget ur roots and always remember my dad saying to me just win the junior cup for me and he won’t be alone in that , most people who have been associated with the clubs history  that’s the trophy that we would Like to see the most , I’m no having the too many games nonsense when we have floodlights this season , if Talbot never entered it there would have been an outcry about it from the locals 

3 minutes ago, EUCFC said:

What you on about jealously you absolute muppet. Any proper sensible long term junior supporter would be affronted if his club were paying way above the going rate for league they are in... Why... Because they know it's only gonna end up ending badly .
Sure the types like you who come and go and they newbies get all excited and abroad the hype train but the majority that are sensible the last thing they are is' jealous ' as the future of the club they support and it acting with dignity mean far much more than spending a fortune to get into a dire lowland league and a not much better league two, that's if either ever open up a tiny bit.

Coco have a night off ffs 

Always amazes me the amount of people on here who are happy to believe any story from a guy down the pub or a boy at work about a club  they’ve never been to or guys they’ve never meet but yet quick to rubbish anything that doesn’t fit their story from people possibly in the know ?

It's the clubs business how much they pay players - and whether they can afford to. Guess they have a time schedule to get promoted, what happens if they don't ? (maybe the £ disappears) At the end of the long and winding road, the hardcore fans remain to pick up whatevers left. Good luck to Darvel - I have no gripes.

1 hour ago, Vale 77 said:

Always amazes me the amount of people on here who are happy to believe any story from a guy down the pub or a boy at work about a club  they’ve never been to or guys they’ve never meet but yet quick to rubbish anything that doesn’t fit their story from people possibly in the know ?

Unless I hear it directly from a taxi driver I remain skeptical. 

(and none of your Uber pish either). 

5 minutes ago, South_Pride said:

Can’t beat Hurlford, Pollok, Clydebank, Irvine Meadow or Kilwinning. Need to be taking close to maximum points off these guys to win this league!

Way things are going they might end up with a fight on their hands to stay in this league. Great night for big Hendo. 

On 31/08/2021 at 20:46, Darvel legend said:

Coco have a night off ffs 

Things aren’t looking good for Darvel Methadone Mick? 

Stick the chicken up you’re arse, Gretna part 2. 

Edited by McG

1 minute ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Darvel (9 men) 2-4 Hurlford United 

93 mins

Bad losers as usual on Facebook. Just shows that age old saying, money can’t buy you class 

Bring back Brooks Mileson.

No doubt hurlford deserved to win the game but it’s a very soft penalty to get them Back in it and the far side linesman obviously wanted to be star of the show the night but worryingly we have right good players but are just not a good team and IMO we need a couple of right good juniors to mix it with what we have at present , it’s just not good enough amd I know confidence is a big thing in the game but u only get it by winning games and we didn’t at any point tonight look like winning the game 

A lot of this sums up the way Darvel have decided to promote themselves. Very visible and in my opinion attention seeking. I fully support clubs improving facilities and infrastructure and I fully salute them for that, however the playing side has been different and right in everyone’s faces with some unbelievable statements for intent to progress. I think I even remember the chairman on the telly saying that they were being called the Man City of the “Juniors” embarrassing stuff which builds you up to fall. The people I feel sorry for a the genuine Darvel fans who have followed them all their life through thick and thin, real fans who have had their hopes built up by the unrealistic vision given out by the club. 

Edited by southerner