Darvel F C 20/21

Actually yes , I was barely aware darvel had a junior team until their profile on social media etc was increased , they went from a handful of boards to posssibly about 100 , season ticket sales and monthly lottery direct debits also soared through the roof . Him acting like a cock as you said made any thread about darvel on here the most viewed and commented on by a considerable distance . Whether you like him or loath him he did what he set out to do well . As far as I am aware they haven’t won anything for years and yet are certainly the most discussed club on pie and Bovril , twitter etc . Job done by the legend I would say . 

Saw earlier in the week that Coca Cola, Proctor & Gamble and a host of other big hitters have withdrawn all advertising from Facebook.
To quote the P&G CEO......
"we are not advertising on or near content we determine to be denigrating or derogatory."

Some of the comments directed at DL on this and other forums have been over-the-top and unnecessary ...... but on balance, DL has done himself / his chairman / manager / club NO favours through the denigrating and derogatory comments he has directed at other clubs and their officials !

I’m actually inclined to think that Darvel have only removed their previous thread because their chairman has finally realised that his own personal reputation ( as well as the club’s) is in danger of being tarnished by the continued negative press.

Whilst others are distancing themselves from such behaviour....... you appear to be embracing it !

Good luck with your business.

14 minutes ago, Barney Killoch said:

Saw earlier in the week that Coca Cola, Proctor & Gamble and a host of other big hitters have withdrawn all advertising from Facebook.
To quote the P&G CEO......
"we are not advertising on or near content we determine to be denigrating or derogatory."

Some of the comments directed at DL on this and other forums have been over-the-top and unnecessary ...... but on balance, DL has done himself / his chairman / manager / club NO favours through the denigrating and derogatory comments he has directed at other clubs and their officials !

I’m actually inclined to think that Darvel have only removed their previous thread because their chairman has finally realised that his own personal reputation ( as well as the club’s) is in danger of being tarnished by the continued negative press.

Whilst others are distancing themselves from such behaviour....... you appear to be embracing it !

Good luck with your business.

I never said I was embracing it , I merely said it had worked in raising the clubs profile and financial balance sheet . The year on year increase in revenue into the club testifies to this . As for my companies advertising board etc I would doubt it increases my companies profit , it’s more a donation to a local team 

I never said I was embracing it , I merely said it had worked in raising the clubs profile and financial balance sheet . The year on year increase in revenue into the club testifies to this . As for my companies advertising board etc I would doubt it increases my companies profit , it’s more a donation to a local team 

I hope that your business and others keep there sponsorship of all w.o.s.l teams going in these hard times as it is appreciated by all

2 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Lowest budget in the league ?...Think that confirms that the guy is just at the wind-up and some of you just can't stop yourselves from falling for it.

It just come off as being up there own arse 

What is it with this mob. 

Spotlight goes off them they come out with nonsense on social media like one week ago today we signed mcshane ffs he's a past it lower league senior player who people at his old club were happy to see the back of and nobody at this mob or in non league football had ever heard of. 

Then when spotlight on them and they justifiably get stick they go in huff scurrying away in background contacting site owners and lawyers to try keep up a pretence they know what the hell they are doing. 

Junior clubs all over ayrshire will be glad this chairman didn't pick them as a plaything. 

He probably thought he was being smart and funny and fishing putting that in amongst the clubs greatest achievements scandalous disrespect to previous generations at a once proud club to stick that childish remark next to greatest achievements no respect then again its a no mark account he's done this trashy interview for so anything goes. 

Trying to be clever and using a once proud club name as a plaything and way to wind people up knowing people that remember the old days will bite at this nonsense. 

Edited by loughton

What is it with this mob. 
Spotlight goes off them they come out with nonsense on social media like one week ago today we signed mcshane ffs he's a past it lower league senior player who people at his old club were happy to see the back of and nobody at this mob or in non league football had ever heard of. 
Then when spotlight on them and they justifiably get stick they go in huff scurrying away in background contacting site owners and lawyers to try keep up a pretence they know what the hell they are doing. 
Junior clubs all over ayrshire will be glad this chairman didn't pick them as a plaything. 
He probably thought he was being smart and funny and fishing putting that in amongst the clubs greatest achievements scandalous disrespect to previous generations at a once proud club to stick that childish remark next to greatest achievements no respect then again its a no mark account he's done this trashy interview for so anything goes. 
Trying to be clever and using a once proud club name as a plaything and way to wind people up knowing people that remember the old days will bite at this nonsense. 

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Actually yes , I was barely aware darvel had a junior team until their profile on social media etc was increased , they went from a handful of boards to posssibly about 100 , season ticket sales and monthly lottery direct debits also soared through the roof . Him acting like a cock as you said made any thread about darvel on here the most viewed and commented on by a considerable distance . Whether you like him or loath him he did what he set out to do well . As far as I am aware they haven’t won anything for years and yet are certainly the most discussed club on pie and Bovril , twitter etc . Job done by the legend I would say . 
Your first post on here was about Darvel Legend as has most of your posts been about him. Your either his besto or you are him [emoji849]

Impressive stuff from Darvel ,300 paying into there lottery ,over 100 advertising boards,commiteee paying for a lawnmower ,top class dressing rooms ,impressive signings and a succesfull go ahead manager destined to take his team to a higher platform .Looks like a team going places 

The laughable thing is they have made a fool of themselves for years, missed out on winning league, no proper scottish cup glory even with big east teams missing. 

PR after PR disaster that they will never recover from. 

Head so much in clouds they don't realise that instead of 99 per cent of scottish football world never having heard of them now 98 per cent of scottish football haven't heard of them. 

Great thing is any sort of glory they could have got has been taken away with this so called pyramid as they realistically wont get anywhere in it due to location and size of village all this new 'professional ' nonsense its all a fake plastic circus .

The rumours doing the rounds regarding some of the people involved at this club are horrific and if come out will be explosive. 

A toxic club that was once a well thought of wee club. 

Edited by loughton

The laughable thing is they have made a fool of themselves for years, missed out on winning league, no proper scottish cup glory even with big east teams missing. 
PR after PR disaster that they will never recover from. 
Head so much in clouds they don't realise that instead of 99 per cent of scottish football world never having heard of them now 98 per cent of scottish football haven't heard of them. 
Great thing is any sort of glory they could have got has been taken away with this so called pyramid as they realistically wont get anywhere in it due to location and size of village all this new 'professional ' nonsense its all a fake plastic circus .
The rumours doing the rounds regarding some of the people involved at this club are horrific and if come out will be explosive. 
A toxic club that was once a well thought of wee club. 

[emoji23]