Darvel F C 20/21

The fake plastic morons have no clue what is and isn't a big signing in non league thats why they just make throw away statements on transfers hoping one sticks and gets them noticed .

Egomaniac amateur manager who should have stayed where he was .

What sums him up is throwing his own money at dressing rooms so he can pose standing in them for it to be plastered all over social media to make the clueless believe he's half way competent. 

Chairman with no proper link with the village being taken for a ride. 

Totally out of his depth mark guidi  who wouldn't know what a good non league signing was if it slapped him on his bald head not to mention the creepy spineless locals who have appeared out the woodwork. 

Ooft you’re a sad individual with a huge grudge on a club only interested in trying to better themselves

Every post u make is Darvel related please take a break from pie n Bovril and enjoy the summer

Ge's played 72 games in the last 3 seasons since coming through the Falkirk youth set up, and still only 22, so might have genuine potential. Article below from Peterhead website.

Six players are leaving the club today with Paddy Boyle, Cammy Eadie, David Ferguson, Scott Hooper and Jack Leitch joining Jamie Stevenson in moving on. 

Paddy and Scott have already been signed by Lowland League outfit Kelty Hearts with Cammy heading to Ayrshire side Darvel with manager Jim McInally saying: “There is not one set reason for so many players leaving at the one time. We are operating on a reduced budget next season however money is not the sole reason that changes are being made.” 

“Paddy has qualified as a PE teacher and has been appointed to a school in Glasgow so getting to training and games could be problematic. Scott wanted to be closer to home after his recent illness, Cammy wanted a club closer to the central belt for personal reasons and Jamie is looking to give himself as much chance as possible to keep on playing which is difficult with the travelling involved in both for us and his work.” 

“David came in last season from full time football at Ayr and did well for us and Jack has a big place in our club’s history thanks to the goals he scored against Queen’s Park that won us League Two last year. “ 

“I wish them all well.” 

8 hours ago, MacGafraidh said:

Best of luck to them, might be this decades Gretna!

This decades Gretna? I seem to remember Gretna went bust because the owner suddenly died and no one else signed cheques but him so that was the only road they could go!

3 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Good luck with the pre season spending, amassing a decent side at that level. Hopefully the money-man will stick around for a few seasons to build the club,and not disappear when the going gets tough. Wonder what his motives actually are with the club , and where they want to go ?

The “money -man has been there for 5 years and has been building the club since he went in. The club are trying to get to the highest level possible and they know it’s a big challenge in front of them.

5 minutes ago, Newguy said:

This decades Gretna? I seem to remember Gretna went bust because the owner suddenly died and no one else signed cheques but him so that was the only road they could go!

Not true. Brooks Mileson had stopped paying bills long before he died. Everything was on credit. They would have went bust eventually, his death just brought everything to light and speeded up the process

21 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Not true. Brooks Mileson had stopped paying bills long before he died. Everything was on credit. They would have went bust eventually, his death just brought everything to light and speeded up the process

I stand corrected but I still can’t see the comparison with Darvel who are just trying to build a team that will hopefully compete with the bigger clubs.

30 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

If that’s the case he was still the only one responsible for the finances whether bills were paid or not.

1 minute ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Correct but he was spending money he didn't have. It was unsustainable

Ok think that’s obvious what happened there, my question is why is Darvel getting compared with Gretna? Or is that what people want to see happen. My understanding is the club doing ok financially manager has a budget and as I said they trying to compete

I stand corrected but I still can’t see the comparison with Darvel who are just trying to build a team that will hopefully compete with the bigger clubs.
Signing guys from championship and league 1 ud want alot more than 2 just compete in tier 6 if u ask me. Darvel will be up there with the bigger clubs like pollok, kilwinning, medda, hurlford n hopefully us trying 2 knock talbot off top spot.

Mon the papers

Best of luck to them, might be this decades Gretna!

Unless you’re ballermk, that’s quite probably the worst possible example of what Darvel could aim be and I don’t know why it’d be suggested.

It’s not really, it’s the standard non sustainable football model that may get you flying up the leagues (much like Gretna/Celtic Nation and others) 

The issue comes when the money dries up (like Gretna/Celtic Nation) and the team either goes bust or drops like a stone.

Like I say, best of luck to you and if you attract 5-10k fans from the Darvel area to balance the books and not rely on someone else paying the bills then it’s a different situation. 

You may eclipse Killie as Ayrshire’s #1 who knows? The skeptic in me fears that it will end in tears within a decade. 

12 hours ago, MacGafraidh said:

It’s not really, it’s the standard non sustainable football model that may get you flying up the leagues (much like Gretna/Celtic Nation and others) 

The issue comes when the money dries up (like Gretna/Celtic Nation) and the team either goes bust or drops like a stone.

Like I say, best of luck to you and if you attract 5-10k fans from the Darvel area to balance the books and not rely on someone else paying the bills then it’s a different situation. 

You may eclipse Killie as Ayrshire’s #1 who knows? The skeptic in me fears that it will end in tears within a decade. 

But Gretna AREN'T the best example of moving up the league - for reasons you've demonstrated. Neither were Celtic Nation.

No harm to the current Gretna 2008 committee and support, but the original Gretna were far from popular during their heyday.

Ross County, perhaps, would be a better example of what Darvel would want to be. Though they are also in many ways very different, with a whole stretch of Scotland to themselves.

Darvel will be interesting to watch FWIW. They deserve a bit of success after 20 or so years of struggle.

But I doubt they'd want it to come crashing down within ten years, like at Gretna. Heck, I wouldn't want that at Largs - no matter what short-term success comes first.

Edited by Sunrise