Darvel F C 20/21

2 hours ago, Bankies Alive said:

Senior club playing in THE Scottish Cup this Saturday 😀

You have had more reincarnations than the Dali llama. Clydebank has dissipated into so many different constituent parts over the years that you should be called Clydebank Abeyance

47 minutes ago, Lurcer said:

You have had more reincarnations than the Dali llama. Clydebank has dissipated into so many different constituent parts over the years that you should be called Clydebank Abeyance

Take your point on this but think anyone who supported a club who went through what Clydebank did would want to hang on to the remnants and recognise it as the same club. The big issue for many, myself included is the disdain for the SJFA from so many after they gave Clydebank the lifeline which kept them going. Not good for the image of the club.

ETA- Just realised this is the Darvel thread. Not sure why it has gone down this line. It's not as if there's nothing Darvel-ish to discuss!

Edited by jimbaxters

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

The big issue for many, myself included is the disdain for the SJFA from so many after they gave Clydebank the lifeline which kept them going. Not good for the image of the club.

Have 2 disagree with u here jim.ur making this statement on 1 or 2 guys personal opinions in this charroom.mose bankies fans have enjoyed the juniors. They were brilliant 2 us and letting us join but am sure clubs have loved us turning up in hundreds every week and helping them out financially aswell.the past 15 years we have went 2 many different ground and me personally its been great. Ive also seen us play at aberdeen n hearts in scottish cup away so we wanna get back 2 those days and i dont c the problem with that.

Mon the papers

4 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Have 2 disagree with u here jim.ur making this statement on 1 or 2 guys personal opinions in this charroom.mose bankies fans have enjoyed the juniors. They were brilliant 2 us and letting us join but am sure clubs have loved us turning up in hundreds every week and helping them out financially aswell.the past 15 years we have went 2 many different ground and me personally its been great. Ive also seen us play at aberdeen n hearts in scottish cup away so we wanna get back 2 those days and i dont c the problem with that.

Mon the papers

If you're saying it's the minority then fair enough. You obviously know your support.

Yes, I'm basing it on what's written here, which if it isn't blatant yah-booing at anything which has the word "Junior" attached usually has a smattering of "Thank @"$*, we can call ourselves "senior" again".

ETA- Talbot visited Tynecastle twice in the Scottish Cup when playing in the Junior league.

Edited by jimbaxters

If you're saying it's the minority then fair enough. You obviously know your support.
Yes, I'm basing it on what's written here, which if it isn't blatant yah-booing at anything which has the word "Junior" attached usually has a smattering of "Thank @"$*, we can call ourselves "senior" again".
ETA- Talbot visited Tynecastle twice in the Scottish Cup when playing in the Junior league.
Its a bit harsh for u 2 say all clydebanl fans think like this when we dont. Yes anno use played hearts twice and medda played hibs but my point was i go watch ma team every week no matter wit league were in or whoever we r playing. Dont u want talbot 2 play in the highest league possible 2 them? Thats all we want for clydebank.

Mon the papers

19 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Its a bit harsh for u 2 say all clydebanl fans think like this when we dont. Yes anno use played hearts twice and medda played hibs but my point was i go watch ma team every week no matter wit league were in or whoever we r playing. Dont u want talbot 2 play in the highest league possible 2 them? Thats all we want for clydebank.

Mon the papers

First point in bold- haven't said that.

Second point in bold- it's more complicated than that.

Third point not in bold- it's the Darvel thread and we're taking away from the comedy they keep providing. We'll agree to disagree pal and get back to the pantomime.

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Third point not in bold- it's the Darvel thread and we're taking away from the comedy they keep providing. We'll agree to disagree pal and get back to the pantomime.

Very true ive heard there dressing rooms r better than wembleys? Haha 

Mon the papers

5 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Aye it’s Oor thread and it’s no funny , fwiw I think Talbot will win the league but not win the play offs as I think they will be happier where they are , what’s ur thoughts mark ?

mind u I had ardeer to draw with ladeside on Saturday and I was only 9 goals out of my coupon being up 🤷‍♂️😂😂

20 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Aye it’s Oor thread and it’s no funny , fwiw I think Talbot will win the league but not win the play offs as I think they will be happier where they are , what’s ur thoughts mark ?

mind u I had ardeer to draw with ladeside on Saturday and I was only 9 goals out of my coupon being up 🤷‍♂️😂😂

Thats the problem we could face with talbot winning the league but then losing a playoff game they wouldnt lose before. This is why am confused why pollok moved 2 the wosl when they cant win promotion to LL. Obviously us buffs and darvel have done loads of work 2 achieve club licence n well done buffs n darvel. Clubs with ambition 

Mon the papers

15 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Depends what side of the fence you're watching from if it's funny or not. From this side it's a howler, pal.

As far as the Talbot's chances go, this is just my opinion based on seeing them once this season and then watching videos and results. I know that galoot went on about us having played no-one yet and got pelters for it but his point was kind of correct in that Talbot still have the big lads to play. Therefore it's hard to make any prediction until they've played Kilwinning, Pollok and.....I suppose, your mob. As for your point about not winning the play-offs, if the winning club from the WoSFL don't go through from the play-offs then people will be entitled to ask questions. Knowing the integrity of Talbot as a club and the people involved in decisions, I would highly doubt any such an action would be taken.

I too was surprised at the Ardeer doing but doubt I'd be daft enough to put money on a draw. All that hair dye has addled your brain.

3 hours ago, Lurcer said:

I do apologise to those anticipating more Darvel baiting - which I won't join in - but in what way does this even make sense ? The club can easily trace a progression from 1899 to 2002. The current club was in every way one that could claim the heritage and history of the club that played between 66 and 2002 esp. We were the only people that cared about it and luckily there are lots more that have taken it to their hearts. I totally respect the clubs that have moved to WOSFL with us and - although it was always the goal of the vast majority of those at the club to regain a place in Senior football - our Junior years were full of special memories and have helped make and take us where we are. I dont much care if you don't have any time for us but I just can't follow what you're getting at here

Edited by BANKIEBILL

44 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I do apologise to those anticipating more Darvel baiting - which I won't join in - but in what way does this even make sense ? The club can easily trace a progression from 1899 to 2002. The current club was in every way one that could claim the heritage and history of the club that played between 66 and 2002 esp. We were the only people that cared about it and luckily there are lots more that have taken it to their hearts. I totally respect the clubs that have moved to WOSFL with us and - although it was always the goal of the vast majority of those at the club to regain a place in Senior football - our Junior years were full of special memories and have helped make and take us where we are. I dont much care if you don't have any time for us but I just can't follow what you're getting at here

I think you underestimate your understanding of my message and your reply provides evidence of that. I have no issues with Clydebank but when a “supporter” of your club continually degenerates Junior football I think it needs called out. 

Edited by Lurcer

3 hours ago, Lurcer said:

I think you underestimate your understanding of my message and your reply provides evidence of that. I have no issues with Clydebank but when a “supporter” of your club continually degenerates Junior football I think it needs called out. 

Thats fine but I still don't understand ( maybe my problem ) what the actual phrasing of your post means ... literally 

7 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Thats the problem we could face with talbot winning the league but then losing a playoff game they wouldnt lose before. This is why am confused why pollok moved 2 the wosl when they cant win promotion to LL. Obviously us buffs and darvel have done loads of work 2 achieve club licence n well done buffs n darvel. Clubs with ambition 

Mon the papers

Firstly Pollok moved to the WOSL for the same reason as a lot of clubs they didn't want left in a football wasteland. Secondly I'm not sure Kilwinning have a licence. Thirdly If Talbot win the league you can be 100% sure they won't fling the play-offs. However if you really want to make sure this doesn't happen then knock us off the top of table.