Darvel F C 20/21

27 minutes ago, Yogi said:

He’s already said he puts no money into Darvel so that’s no a valid point now but if he was to walk out the players he took with him could walk as well

If you mean the players that came from Colville Park there are only 4-5 players left, the ones that were signed by the club would be under contract and if they were just to down tools or become unavailable for selection what would that show of their professionalism?

31 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Why did Colville Park fold when he left if he wasn't pumping money into them?

Andy you are an intelligent man and you know that you can’t pump money into an amateur team. You can’t go paradoxically making statements like that. 

Edited by Lurcer

38 minutes ago, andy25 said:

Why did Colville Park fold when he left if he wasn't pumping money into them?

Andy once again you just make things up, either intentionally or without knowing the facts.

I didn’t pump money into Colville Park, I was a player there for 4 years prior to me being a players and then manager Colville were already one of the top teams in the country, with many years of success. 

When I became manager I had a normal 9-5 job earning a reasonable good salary, I didn’t have money to invest in anything except my family.

When I left 10 players came with me, the rest joined other amateurs clubs, the club continued with a new manger then he left the club took a break for that season. They re established last year but covid kicked in and the season did it start. 

I opened my first restaurant 8 months before joining Darvel, whilst still working my job. In the last couple of years whilst being at Darvel my business has taken off. 

Im not a millionaire I don’t have the wealth to pump hundred of thousands into a football club, as I have said on a couple occasions to you I haven’t paid for the park, floodlights, changing rooms and I don’t pay the players wages. 

There is not need for me to invest money into the club it doesn’t require it. Why would I honestly invest into something I don’t own I’m manny things but trust me I’m not daft. 

2 hours ago, Yogi said:

He’s already said he puts no money into Darvel so that’s no a valid point now but if he was to walk out the players he took with him could walk as well

Why would they walk? Doesn’t happen at any other senior club. Are you suggesting they don’t give a shite about Darvel and only there for Mick? If so, id be wanting them out asap 

Why would they walk? Doesn’t happen at any other senior club. Are you suggesting they don’t give a shite about Darvel and only there for Mick? If so, id be wanting them out asap 
You honestly believe they care about Darvel[emoji1787]

Think it was the various interviews and statements were Mick is credited as a co-investor alongside the chairman/president that is confusing folk. Not sure if its a business thing that this is being pulled backed or relates to the on pitch performances but from a media perspective it seems a bit of a u-turn. Thankfully no my worry, think it's just going to take time to establish in the division prior to going on to challenge. Someone else pointed out its still early doors and who is say that a late run wins wouldn't pull Darvel right back in the mix? 

IMO the team that mick brought from Colville park were born winners and all in it together which was evident when they went a goal Down and only needed tweaked here and there to be one of the top sides in the country , there is no doubt the guys who have been signed are better players as their career will back that up but are they as good a team ? Nowhere near it , and results would back that up and yesterday when Cumnock scored there was an air of inevitability about the place ,at the end of the day the guys are contracted so will need to be their this season but they need to start winning games of football and quickly , on another note I was hearing john Redmond has left the club and went back to Troon  , a proper junior guy who knew everyone at other clubs and was a gem Of a guy to have around , we have had some ding dongs with each other throughout the years but once the game was finished that was it ,I wish u all the best john 

3 hours ago, Kenny*******Powers said:

Majority of initial players were there for Mick because Mick believed in the project and they believe in Mick. Don't see what the problem is with that. Darvel would have been well aware these players are coming for the manager  Swift attracted really good players to Kilbirnie the majority past teammates and friends. There's no doubt guys like playing under Mick if you can attract players with quality of Darren Miller to an amateur club like Colville then you have something about you.  Would players leave if Mick left ? Probably depends if he takes another job