Darvel F C 20/21

The players that we have signed in the past 18-24 month I would estimate that 75% have came from a higher level that they are playing in at the moment, the budget will be one of the highest if not thee highest in the league so as a supporter I would have expected us to be challenging the Talbot for the title, that is not being disrespectful to any other teams that is based purely on the personnel employed and the wages they are being payed.

The players that we have signed in the past 18-24 month I would estimate that 75% have came from a higher level that they are playing in at the moment, the budget will be one of the highest if not thee highest in the league so as a supporter I would have expected us to be challenging the Talbot for the title, that is not being disrespectful to any other teams that is based purely on the personnel employed and the wages they are being payed.
But Michael Kennedy says you don't pay big wages the players only signed because they always wanted to play for him ....

4 minutes ago, andy25 said:
11 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

But Michael Kennedy says you don't pay big wages the players only signed because they always wanted to play for him ....

Yip I’ve heard the interviews and the podcasts, but he did say that the wages will be up there with the top clubs, we need to start seeing performances like a top club.

1 hour ago, andy25 said:
1 hour ago, Cnock88 said:
They certainly ain’t the best of all time 

Who are then?

Cumnock, obviously! Nocknosh holds the 'Managed a draw' cup with greater pride and esteem than any league title! Co*k blocking Talbot is the pinicle of the last decade according to them...

Edited by Killiepiyo

Cumnock, obviously! Nocknosh holds the 'Managed a draw' cup with greater pride and esteem than any league title! Co*k blocking Talbot is the pinicle of the last decade according to them...

And along comes the incomer “ who always wanted to film for Talbot “

21 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Threads no about me who never has ever said that 🤣 but with that attitude you'll be delighted to hear new camera guy at Cumnock supports Talbot! 

I’m sure he’ll be delighted you chose to share that. Threads not about you but now you’ve put the attention on someone else totally unrelated to the matter.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

I’m sure he’ll be delighted you chose to share that. Threads not about you but now you’ve put the attention on someone else totally unrelated to the matter.

Absolutely shocking behaviour ironically involving a counterpart at a rival team 🙄

I don’t know who he supports and my point was that it doesn’t matter a jot who a staff/volunteer supports, if that’s talbot, old firm or an amateur side, whoever, doing a job and that’s what should matter. 

Will Bul 2 call him an incomer and hold him to account as to what team he has previously filmed at? Who has the Darvel camera guy also filmed? Was he born in the ground? Will he go through his drawers to find out if he’s worked elsewhere?

He won’t do that, as he’ll just be rightfully glad he can watch his team on YouTube again. Anyway I’ve now also involved the Darvel camera guy so I’ll be barred.

Edited by Killiepiyo

8 minutes ago, EUCFC said:

Cumnock fans he is trying to be clever with are proper one club supporters who are mostly born into supporting the club through good and bad times that's to be far more respected and admired and all than someone who just appears from wherever and pretends to support a club he films for. 

Are you talking about me or your own camera guy? 🤣 anyway enough! Darvel thread, is there a Cumnock thread?? Ah awkward.. get me on the Talbot one then 

8 minutes ago, EUCFC said:

Worst combination old senior football guy with more money than sense as a chairman and an amateur manager who can't get the sack,  won't get the sack,  and would never resign. To make things worse an impotent committee who sold their soul for the cash and fancy dressings rooms with a clubs reputation damaged forever.  Tragic stuff. 

Thanks to EUCFC for getting this thread partially back on track and not derailing it with football talk. Are all  phone chargers fully operational and does wall redecoration now include stud patterns from players' boots.

He’s already said he puts no money into Darvel so that’s no a valid point now but if he was to walk out the players he took with him could walk as well
And you believe he's not putting any money in? [emoji1787]
I

He’s already said he puts no money into Darvel so that’s no a valid point now but if he was to walk out the players he took with him could walk as well

You’ll struggle to convince me that most of these players ( especially the profile ex seniors) are there for anything other than financial reward. Before the cheque book came out, half of them probably couldn’t even have pointed to Darvel on a map !
The notion that these boys are at Darvel to be ‘coached’ by MK is laughable.
In the unlikely event that MK left ( and to be honest….. it’s nonsense to be talking about that at this stage of a season) …. these players will sit tight ….. honour their contracts ….. and earn money they won’t get anywhere else !