Darvel F C 20/21

3 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

Bottom line is we are a target and we have 38 cup finals in the league but we just don’t respond to teams working hard and no giving us a minutes peace , but that’s junior football In the top league , I’d much rather be coming on here singing the praises of the team but u just can’t at present and my bet for darvel to win the league I would say is gone already and that’s woeful in the first week in September 

I think I remember you saying "be afraid, be very afraid" try respect. Apologies if I'm wrong.

54 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Strange decision for me to leave Darren Millar on the bench last night, by far Darvel’s most influential and creative player this season, maybe it’s because he wasn’t a big name signing in the close season🤷🏻‍♂️

There could be many reasons Darren didn’t start game I’m pretty sure him not being a  big name signing is none of them 

33 minutes ago, Vale 77 said:

There could be many reasons Darren didn’t start game I’m pretty sure him not being a  big name signing is none of them 

The only reason imo that he doesn’t start is because he is carrying a knock. David Galt has come in and Darren appears out of favour.

The only reason imo that he doesn’t start is because he is carrying a knock. David Galt has come in and Darren appears out of favour.

Wasn’t at last night’s game but took in the previous fixture at Pollok.
I made the comment that a fair few of the starting 11 that day didn’t do enough to merit a starting jersey in the next game …. and I would certainly have included Millar in that list.
Out of curiosity ….. how many changes were there from the team that started against Pollok ???

17 minutes ago, Barney Killoch said:

Wasn’t at last night’s game but took in the previous fixture at Pollok.
I made the comment that a fair few of the starting 11 that day didn’t do enough to merit a starting jersey in the next game …. and I would certainly have included Millar in that list.
Out of curiosity ….. how many changes were there from the team that started against Pollok ???

4 changes from Pollock, I wasn’t at the Pollock game but yes the boys that were there did say that Darren wasn’t great but my point is that he is a game changer and he has proved that this season on numerous times, from what I have seen this season so far he is the only player we have of that ilk.

8 minutes ago, Yogi said:

And it was guys like yourself DL who put the target on there backs with some of the comments you made about how great they were and disrespectfully commenting about the other teams in the league no disrespect to yourself but you helped cause this situation doon the Brae

Ffs yogi I cannae get the blame for top players being outfought over 90 minutes , IMO darvel have the best players in the league however that doesn’t make them the best team and  that’s pretty clear 

Having the best players doesn’t mean you have the best team.Moulding them into a team is a different matter. Up until recently MK was managing that just fine but some how there has been a lapse over the last few games.Why I don’t know but I am sure some of the posters on here will know the answer ,there also seems to be a fair amount of bed wetters in the Darvel support.They will have them getting relegated next 

11 hours ago, Ih8rangers said:

You may be correct in the game management part but I got to be honest tonight penalty decision against them at 1-0 up was harsh ? Penalty against them in injury time against clydebank was never a penalty! Goal on Saturday against pollock ball over the line not given, goal against meadow ball over the line not given, decisions in games are having there part to play, I’m not saying no other game has key decisions thats just a few for darvel perspective, my honest opinion of the overall juniours is that referee’s & bad linesmans ruin games with bad decisions, I was at kilwinning & darvel and whoever the ref was there was terrific took no crap let the game flow, but Iv also watched Clydebank & kilbirnie full of bad decisions that tonight was worst Iv seen musta been 30 mins wasted with play stopping for offsides free kicks etc, let a game flow & get rid of these bad assistants! I must add it also frustrates players I have seen more bookings these days for people shouting back at ref’s for daft fouls that honestly are not fouls and they just want to reach for there pockets to make them think I’m the boss, I really don’t get it! 

Ball over the line at Pollok? I didn’t think so.

You have a team of ex seniors who can’t cope when an experienced group at this  level get in their faces and have a bit of pace in the team to get at the over 30s in your defence. 

No one should be surprised at what is happening, happens all the time when clubs think a bit of cash thrown around will suddenly make them the best team in the league. There are plenty players at this level who are easily as good as league 1 players, they just chose to stick to this level for various reasons, all the teams Darvel have dropped points to are the ones who have been in around the top of the league / later stages of big cup comps for seasons, it was delusional to think Darvel could be promoted and suddenly be the best team in the league. 

7 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Ball over the line at Pollok? I didn’t think so.

You have a team of ex seniors who can’t cope when an experienced group at this  level get in their faces and have a bit of pace in the team to get at the over 30s in your defence. 

No one should be surprised at what is happening, happens all the time when clubs think a bit of cash thrown around will suddenly make them the best team in the league. There are plenty players at this level who are easily as good as league 1 players, they just chose to stick to this level for various reasons, all the teams Darvel have dropped points to are the ones who have been in around the top of the league / later stages of big cup comps for seasons, it was delusional to think Darvel could be promoted and suddenly be the best team in the league. 

Yes ball over the line 6 players don’t all react at once when it’s not, I know it’s on a hill & difficult to see but for me when there’s as many reactions then they can’t all be wrong! Regardless they played terrible & Pollock deserved the win 

11 minutes ago, Yogi said:

I would agree with the Legend great individual players but not yet gelled as a team that’s the problem they all want to be superstars

Having all those big egos in the 1 dressing room cant be easy and thats just the management team lol 

Mon the papers 

Edited by passbackdave

Just now, Darvel legend said:

23 minutes ago, Longshanks_66 said:

Showing true colours last night DL abusing Darren Miller at FT. Came on for last 10, but still disrespectful to single out individuals. Cheek to show yer face again pal tbh

I shouted darvel that was absolute Pish 

darren replied shut up Jim I said no wonder and he said we know it’s Pish 

Ive never abused any darvel player in my life and Darren I certainly wouldn’t as in my eyes he’s best player we have 

33 minutes ago, Longshanks_66 said:

Showing true colours last night DL abusing Darren Miller at FT. Came on for last 10, but still disrespectful to single out individuals. Cheek to show yer face again pal tbh

No individual players were mentioned Stevie and as you know the vast majority of the punters were shocked Darren didn’t start, it certainly couldn’t be him being singled out as he had nothing to do with the result.