Darvel F C 20/21

19 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

Anyone know the reason the Darvel first sending off was for ? To me nothing could have happened as the ref was close to the original free kick he awarded there were no reactions from any Hurlford players to suggest that there was a lash out or anything but yet he let a linesman 50 yards away make a decision for him!

Happened right in front of me, the Darvel lad punched the Hurlford boy and deserved to go.  The fact the referee missed it but the far side linesman didn’t is irrelevant.  Correct decision.

First time I’ve seen Darvel and they were very disappointing.  No fluency in their play and they’re only out ball seems to be to play the speed merchant in the channel.  Hurlford attackers much better than anything Darvel had to offer.  GK looks too lightweight and should have done much better with 2nd goal where he palmed the save out to the front rather than the sides.  The facilities are to be highly recommended, what a difference from the old days

Hows it irrelevant? Unless I had a Labrador with me I did not see 1 hurlford player react in any way to say something had happened, but it’s defo not irrelevant the fact a referee is 10 yards from it another linesman is 5 yards they both don’t see it but a guy 50 yards can! Who to me was like a wean with a flag in his hand it was never down all night when guys were miles onside ! If the player reacted / retaliated in what you say fair enough off the park but officials have to much impact in games nowadays trying to be important when no need for it, there must have been 50 offsides in that game tonight 40 by the one linesman who couldn’t be arsed running so wanted to stop the game every 2 mins!

11 minutes ago, EUCFC said:

All irrelevant now massive waste of money was always going to be, out of title race and September has barley started and no junior cup at all horrendous.

You seem to worry about other people wasting money they have plenty so what diff does it make it’s a hobby for them, how much did mr hyslop fling at hurlford makes no diff when you got 50+ million let the guys fling what they want at Darvel there trying to make something work good luck to them, why bring them down after 11 games or something are these guys going to sleep worrying at night how much they have piled in or Spent , don’t think so good luck to them 

36 minutes ago, Newguy said:

The “officials “ were abysmal a linesman seeing things from other side of park where near side one not! 
The guy bought the penalty. Even at ten men Darvel were comfortable for at least a draw.

Hurlford must be saying to themselves how did we win that never mind score 4 goals

The officials weren’t great, however the first 30 mins of the 2nd half consisted of Darvel scoring from a long ball from the keeper and McShane crashing a shot of the bar, we look too soft in the middle of the park.

11 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

The officials weren’t great, however the first 30 mins of the 2nd half consisted of Darvel scoring from a long ball from the keeper and McShane crashing a shot of the bar, we look too soft in the middle of the park.

Totally agree , Darvel got bossed by a hard grafting team who it was obvious had been schooled in the dark  arts of Junior football.

Bottom line is we are a target and we have 38 cup finals in the league but we just don’t respond to teams working hard and no giving us a minutes peace , but that’s junior football In the top league , I’d much rather be coming on here singing the praises of the team but u just can’t at present and my bet for darvel to win the league I would say is gone already and that’s woeful in the first week in September 

7 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Bottom line is we are a target and we have 38 cup finals in the league but we just don’t respond to teams working hard and no giving us a minutes peace , but that’s junior football In the top league , I’d much rather be coming on here singing the praises of the team but u just can’t at present and my bet for darvel to win the league I would say is gone already and that’s woeful in the first week in September 

I went to the Pollok game on Saturday and said that Darvel back 4 could be got at and so it proved, Hurlford have half a team of young players who are just getting used to junior football, hardly schooled yet. 

12 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

It’s no junior football anymore

10 minutes ago, jim48344 said:

I went to the Pollok game on Saturday and said that Darvel back 4 could be got at and so it proved, Hurlford have half a team of young players who are just getting used to junior football, hardly schooled yet. 

I was also at pollock and being honest it was the worst I have seen darvel play as for hurlford with a team of young players just getting used to juniour football hardly schooled I’m unsure about that! Looking there team The 11 on the park have all played juniour and to me they looked schooled they wasted every second at 2/1 up possible!

11 minutes ago, Newguy said:

It’s no junior football anymore

The name has changed but the game hasn’t, genually think some people thought that the product would be different with a new name!! You need to win the battles at this level before you get to play, that’s what’s great about it.

3 minutes ago, Ih8rangers said:

I was also at pollock and being honest it was the worst I have seen darvel play as for hurlford with a team of young players just getting used to juniour football hardly schooled I’m unsure about that! Looking there team The 11 on the park have all played juniour and to me they looked schooled they wasted every second at 2/1 up possible!

Bringing players from the senior game doesn't mean they are going to stick out in the WOSL, hard graft comes before talent in these games. I think Darvel underestimated the Hurlford team tonight. 

16 minutes ago, jim48344 said:

Not much of an answer. It's junior football with a different name, if you want to discuss the game fine if your just baiting, night night. 

I’m not baiting as more than I say it’s not junior football anymore!

all teams have tried to improve with better players whether they have stepped up from juniors or dropped down a grade from league football.

Im saying it’s supposed to be up a level and the juniors are now gone

1 minute ago, Newguy said:

I’m not baiting as more than I say it’s not junior football anymore!

all teams have tried to improve with better players whether they have stepped up from juniors or dropped down a grade from league football.

Im saying it’s supposed to be up a level and the juniors are now gone

A high percentage of the players are the same who played in the juniors, I think it's now more to do with facilities and off field improvements. Darvel have a tremendous park and club but are lacking on the park even though they are all good players. I think the league has now gone for them and they maybe beat Talbot in a one off but miles behind them in game management. 

12 minutes ago, jim48344 said:

A high percentage of the players are the same who played in the juniors, I think it's now more to do with facilities and off field improvements. Darvel have a tremendous park and club but are lacking on the park even though they are all good players. I think the league has now gone for them and they maybe beat Talbot in a one off but miles behind them in game management. 

You may be correct in the game management part but I got to be honest tonight penalty decision against them at 1-0 up was harsh ? Penalty against them in injury time against clydebank was never a penalty! Goal on Saturday against pollock ball over the line not given, goal against meadow ball over the line not given, decisions in games are having there part to play, I’m not saying no other game has key decisions thats just a few for darvel perspective, my honest opinion of the overall juniours is that referee’s & bad linesmans ruin games with bad decisions, I was at kilwinning & darvel and whoever the ref was there was terrific took no crap let the game flow, but Iv also watched Clydebank & kilbirnie full of bad decisions that tonight was worst Iv seen musta been 30 mins wasted with play stopping for offsides free kicks etc, let a game flow & get rid of these bad assistants! I must add it also frustrates players I have seen more bookings these days for people shouting back at ref’s for daft fouls that honestly are not fouls and they just want to reach for there pockets to make them think I’m the boss, I really don’t get it! 

Edited by Ih8rangers

7 minutes ago, jim48344 said:

Realistic fans of Darvel knew they wouldn’t win the league first go, always going to be up against it with the established teams.

All teams going to have a bad spell it’s Darvel turn now.

Lots of points to be dropped yet and twists and turns

5 minutes ago, Foul throw said:

Darvel players and management are always at it. Glad the ref did his job tonight. Money talks and bullshit walks 

Yes that’s another one for the list who will defo never represent scotland in any major international men’s tournament along with the ever growing list of dud officials !