Darvel F C 20/21

5 minutes ago, South_Pride said:

Can’t beat Hurlford, Pollok, Clydebank, Irvine Meadow or Kilwinning. Need to be taking close to maximum points off these guys to win this league!

Way things are going they might end up with a fight on their hands to stay in this league. Great night for big Hendo. 

On 31/08/2021 at 20:46, Darvel legend said:

Coco have a night off ffs 

Things aren’t looking good for Darvel Methadone Mick? 

Stick the chicken up you’re arse, Gretna part 2. 

Edited by McG

No doubt hurlford deserved to win the game but it’s a very soft penalty to get them Back in it and the far side linesman obviously wanted to be star of the show the night but worryingly we have right good players but are just not a good team and IMO we need a couple of right good juniors to mix it with what we have at present , it’s just not good enough amd I know confidence is a big thing in the game but u only get it by winning games and we didn’t at any point tonight look like winning the game 

A lot of this sums up the way Darvel have decided to promote themselves. Very visible and in my opinion attention seeking. I fully support clubs improving facilities and infrastructure and I fully salute them for that, however the playing side has been different and right in everyone’s faces with some unbelievable statements for intent to progress. I think I even remember the chairman on the telly saying that they were being called the Man City of the “Juniors” embarrassing stuff which builds you up to fall. The people I feel sorry for a the genuine Darvel fans who have followed them all their life through thick and thin, real fans who have had their hopes built up by the unrealistic vision given out by the club. 

Edited by southerner

Took in the game tonight and I must say I got my £7 worth. 6 goals, a retaken penalty , 2 sendings off and numerous bookings 
Darvel just don’t “like it up them “. The Hurlford number 7 was everything the Darvel team weren’t, he snarled at them and the ref and put his foot in were it hurts, on the other hand they just didn’t fancy it  

Not been in Darvel for about 6 years and the transformation is stunning. I hope they get their act together because the locals will only put up with a poor team for so long. 

Anyone know the reason the Darvel first sending off was for ? To me nothing could have happened as the ref was close to the original free kick he awarded there were no reactions from any Hurlford players to suggest that there was a lash out or anything but yet he let a linesman 50 yards away make a decision for him!

27 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

No doubt hurlford deserved to win the game but it’s a very soft penalty to get them Back in it and the far side linesman obviously wanted to be star of the show the night but worryingly we have right good players but are just not a good team and IMO we need a couple of right good juniors to mix it with what we have at present , it’s just not good enough amd I know confidence is a big thing in the game but u only get it by winning games and we didn’t at any point tonight look like winning the game 

The “officials “ were abysmal a linesman seeing things from other side of park where near side one not! 
The guy bought the penalty. Even at ten men Darvel were comfortable for at least a draw.

Hurlford must be saying to themselves how did we win that never mind score 4 goals

Ist time at Darvel and what a game well deserved win for hurlford imo..There number 9 was outstanding run the Darvel back 4 ragged..Hurlford were in there faces from the off...Fair play to Darvel pitch wouldn't look out of place in premiership just a pity team look like individuals.

12 minutes ago, Newguy said:

The “officials “ were abysmal a linesman seeing things from other side of park where near side one not! 
The guy bought the penalty. Even at ten men Darvel were comfortable for at least a draw.

Hurlford must be saying to themselves how did we win that never mind score 4 goals

The boy took the bait, the Hurlford right back pushed and poked at him and he lifted his hands. He deserved to go, Hurlford were to cute and to street wise for them tonight.