Darvel F C 20/21

Just now, The Moonster said:

I didn't see Ryan deny it mate :rolleyes: - only joking, as I said in the message, the person I got the info from would have no reason to lie about that, if it's not entirely true then fair enough but I still don't agree with your assertion that you aren't paying better money than a lot of clubs up the pyramid. Craig Moore was literally a Championship level striker and he dropped 4 levels to play for Darvel. If it was a Kelty Hearts fan telling me that Tommy Reilly and Nathan Austin only want to play for KH because it meant less travelling to Forfar or Inverness I'd be laughing in their face as well. 

I don’t know what goes on at Kelty, what I will tell you Thomas Reilly was very close to signing for a premier league team in our league this season not us. Would that have meant they are paying £400 a week.

We could go on all day mate, I’ve said my bit

If I was a League One level player being offered the same wages at, say, Dumbarton or Darvel I'd go for Darvel. Less travel, more chance of winning something, lower level so will probably enjoy running the show against Bonnyton and Rossvale and, most importantly, don't need to speak to Andy Geggan. 

20 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

If I was a League One level player being offered the same wages at, say, Dumbarton or Darvel I'd go for Darvel. Less travel, more chance of winning something, lower level so will probably enjoy running the show against Bonnyton and Rossvale and, most importantly, don't need to speak to Andy Geggan. 

Less travel for who? 

Probably why you're not a footballer and a handsome, dedicated athlete like Andy Geggan is tbh. 

32 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Less travel for who? 

Probably why you're not a footballer and a handsome, dedicated athlete like Andy Geggan is tbh. 

A regional league with all the games taking place within 40 miles of Glasgow is less travel than League One. Cove, Montrose, Peterhead are all a bit further out.

Although the WoSFL Premier Division probably has more trips to East Ayrshire than is healthy no matter what club you play for. 

5 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Ryan McGeever was offered an amount not too dissimilar to that figure in the summer. A 2 year deal at Dumbarton was enough to persuade him to stay but there's no doubt Darvel are offering players £400, possibly more at their top end. 

I had a very candid conversation with someone who was pursued by Darvel in the summer but signed for a league 2 team instead. Heard all the rumours about the money and just outright asked him, it was decent money and signing bonus but not £500 a week stuff. 
For all folks want to slag darvel, they’ve invested in their facilities, invested in their team and are now one of the best non league teams in the country. Fair play to them. 

I had a very candid conversation with someone who was pursued by Darvel in the summer but signed for a league 2 team instead. Heard all the rumours about the money and just outright asked him, it was decent money and signing bonus but not £500 a week stuff. 
For all folks want to slag darvel, they’ve invested in their facilities, invested in their team and are now one of the best non league teams in the country. Fair play to them. 
I'll give you that they have invested in the facilities and the team but they have a long way to go to be considered one of the best non league teams in the country.

7 minutes ago, andy25 said:
15 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I'll give you that they have invested in the facilities and the team but they have a long way to go to be considered one of the best non league teams in the country.

So theres what over 100 teams in the Wosfl, eosl, LL, HL and sjfa etc, id be pretty comfortable saying that the top 5/7 in the wosl are in the top ten of that 100+. 

55 minutes ago, EUCFC said:

Lot of pish.

They aren't even one of the top ten in non league teams in non league scotland.

They have won nothing, never really beat any of the big hitters. Brought shame on this level numerous times. A disgrace.

What good is a some fancy facilities when it's a basket case of a club no matter how anyone tries to spin it.

Ok. I dont know what someone at darvel did wrong to you, but it must have been awful. 

Some of  the figures banded about are just silly and is pure jealousy , as a supporter I don’t care whether they are on £40 per week or £400 per week I would be expecting a lot more on the park than what we are seeing and that’s up to mick to sort out which I really hope he can and im sure he will , Ive read and listened to another couple of articles at the weekend where mick said he had no say in not entering the junior cup , well the committee had no say either so who decided they wouldn’t enter the junior cup ? Honestly when I’m on the street that’s all people talk about and is the worst Decision the club has ever made , u should never forget ur roots and always remember my dad saying to me just win the junior cup for me and he won’t be alone in that , most people who have been associated with the clubs history  that’s the trophy that we would Like to see the most , I’m no having the too many games nonsense when we have floodlights this season , if Talbot never entered it there would have been an outcry about it from the locals 

I think Mick tells the odd porkie pie tbh .

Some of  the figures banded about are just silly and is pure jealousy , as a supporter I don’t care whether they are on £40 per week or £400 per week I would be expecting a lot more on the park than what we are seeing and that’s up to mick to sort out which I really hope he can and im sure he will , Ive read and listened to another couple of articles at the weekend where mick said he had no say in not entering the junior cup , well the committee had no say either so who decided they wouldn’t enter the junior cup ? Honestly when I’m on the street that’s all people talk about and is the worst Decision the club has ever made , u should never forget ur roots and always remember my dad saying to me just win the junior cup for me and he won’t be alone in that , most people who have been associated with the clubs history  that’s the trophy that we would Like to see the most , I’m no having the too many games nonsense when we have floodlights this season , if Talbot never entered it there would have been an outcry about it from the locals 

3 minutes ago, EUCFC said:

What you on about jealously you absolute muppet. Any proper sensible long term junior supporter would be affronted if his club were paying way above the going rate for league they are in... Why... Because they know it's only gonna end up ending badly .
Sure the types like you who come and go and they newbies get all excited and abroad the hype train but the majority that are sensible the last thing they are is' jealous ' as the future of the club they support and it acting with dignity mean far much more than spending a fortune to get into a dire lowland league and a not much better league two, that's if either ever open up a tiny bit.

Coco have a night off ffs 

Always amazes me the amount of people on here who are happy to believe any story from a guy down the pub or a boy at work about a club  they’ve never been to or guys they’ve never meet but yet quick to rubbish anything that doesn’t fit their story from people possibly in the know ?

It's the clubs business how much they pay players - and whether they can afford to. Guess they have a time schedule to get promoted, what happens if they don't ? (maybe the £ disappears) At the end of the long and winding road, the hardcore fans remain to pick up whatevers left. Good luck to Darvel - I have no gripes.

1 hour ago, Vale 77 said:

Always amazes me the amount of people on here who are happy to believe any story from a guy down the pub or a boy at work about a club  they’ve never been to or guys they’ve never meet but yet quick to rubbish anything that doesn’t fit their story from people possibly in the know ?

Unless I hear it directly from a taxi driver I remain skeptical. 

(and none of your Uber pish either).