Darvel F C 20/21

1 minute ago, andy25 said:
11 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:
What manager would want the job when you win 6, draw 2, lose 2 then your fired?? It's not going to be instant sucess, roll in the bunting and accept its going to take a while to create a league topping super side. 

There's no chance of Kennedy being sacked. Anyone who thinks they will is seriously deluded.

It's a strange one, it was well advertised that he and pieman were joint investors in it all, then came on here last week and said they weren't.

It's a strange one, it was well advertised that he and pieman were joint investors in it all, then came on here last week and said they weren't.
If anyone believes he's not pumping money in then they are deluded as well. I've heard how much Gall supposedly puts in and it's actually not that much.

Tensions running high tonight guys! Everyone just needs to chill out and be patient but it shows that throughing the cash about doesn't yield success at this level and maybe too many big egos in the dressing room.

As an outsider looking in from what I'd read Darvel were the next big thing in the WOSFL but that doesn't seem the case as yet for watever reason.

3 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

Tensions running high tonight guys! Everyone just needs to chill out and be patient but it shows that throughing the cash about doesn't yield success at this level and maybe too many big egos in the dressing room.

As an outsider looking in from what I'd read Darvel were the next big thing in the WOSFL but that doesn't seem the case as yet for watever reason.

How many of these current players have won a winners medal at junior or senior level? Just asking.

14 minutes ago, Samsonite said:

Don't know the ins and outs of the club but does the manager really invest money into the club?

Never heard of that before but certainly one way of ensuring you keep your job.

Rumours stevie rankin was putting money in at medda. Its got disaster all over it. Shouldnt be allowed 

Mon the papers

Money does talk I'm afraid. Just been told that a Darvel player was recently approached by Stranraer and offered £200  per week to sign. He just laughed in their face and told them he was on £400 at Darvel and he wasn't even one of the top earners. No way can they keep that up without winning this league.

Money does talk I'm afraid. Just been told that a Darvel player was recently approached by Stranraer and offered £200  per week to sign. He just laughed in their face and told them he was on £400 at Darvel and he wasn't even one of the top earners. No way can they keep that up without winning this league.

[emoji15]

28 minutes ago, Mystic Blastie said:

According to your figures about half a million pounds a year would be needed to service a team. I struggle to believe that is true. 

1 minute ago, Big Davy Boy said:

I thought against Clydebank that Darvel were streets ahead and last ten minutes came from nowhere. Crazy to be talking about your manager being sacked as most of the players will have signed for or cause of him in first place

They had a lot of the ball but didnt really have that many chances to score.First goal was from a deflected shot that was going miles wide.

We we’re missing too many players including Nicky Little that day as well.

20 hours ago, Lurcer said:

According to your figures about half a million pounds a year would be needed to service a team. I struggle to believe that is true. 

Ryan McGeever was offered an amount not too dissimilar to that figure in the summer. A 2 year deal at Dumbarton was enough to persuade him to stay but there's no doubt Darvel are offering players £400, possibly more at their top end. 

Don't know about Medda or Buffs but Glens certainly weren't paying anything like that, especially in the 90s, but you seem to know, so who were the players getting £400?

Meadow were paying that amount 10 years ago
Kilwinning were paying that 15/20 year ago
Glenafton were paying that when Alan Rough was there

Of course it’s a load of crap [emoji90] that teams are paying that amount of money for players to sign

1 hour ago, Yogi said:

Meadow were paying that amount 10 years ago
Kilwinning were paying that 15/20 year ago
Glenafton were paying that when Alan Rough was there

Of course it’s a load of crap emoji90.png that teams are paying that amount of money for players to sign

Why do you think guys like Jordan Kirkpatrick, who is a comfortable League 1 player, has dropped to play in the WoS league? He likes the days out to Ayrshire with his family, or the £400 a week being lumped into his bank account?

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Ryan McGeever was offered an amount not too dissimilar to that figure in the summer. A 2 year deal at Dumbarton was enough to persuade him to stay but there's no doubt Darvel are offering players £400, possibly more at their top end. 

Stop telling lies please, we didn’t trie and sign Ryan in the summer we tried to sign him in the previous summer. I know Ryan he’s a great lad and top player,  he certainly wasn’t offered £400, not one player is on that type of money or has any player been offered it. 

Stop making stuff up