Darvel F C 20/21

First time I have seen Darvel play. Clearly they have good players in the squad.

However to me, they seem to have made the mistake that Pollok have made in the past, assuming older ex seniors will drop down to this level and easily be standout and walk games.

This good teams at this level (which lets be honest is still junior football) have good players, but possibly more importantly have players who are able to get stuck in, fight, and work hard, as they know that’s the only way to get results at this level. Talbot for seasons now have been the benchmark for this.

In additional they add in a bit of youth, which often means pace and with that comes problems for aging seniors. 

13 minutes ago, Barney Killoch said:

TBH ….. there were times today when your team was ‘pish’. Mistakes….. occasionally or in isolation, do happen however, their frequency and manner today…. especially at the back …. reached the threshold for being ‘pish’.
That…. and the absence of any distinguishable game plan ( other than big punt back to front ) for the last 20-25 mins ….. was equally ‘pish’.
The ‘new squad’ that you mention has, between them….. HUNDREDS of games at senior level.
That of course guarantees you nothing however, that level of experience should at least help you see you through the difficult times every team has in a game…. and really should be better than 4 points from a possible 15.

Sorry if I’m being unrealistic !

Yeah your right it guarantees you nothing! “Money” especially just look at PSG foe example who’s holy grail is the champions league but not got close.

Going back to today’s game bad mistake results in a goal. You can’t do that against the good teams.

i thought Darvel to slow and pedestrian and against a hard working team like Pollok you won’t get away with it

DL must agree first 15 mins was good after that not good enough

Absolute Pish after a good first 15 minutes where we could have been two up but after that only one team in it and they seen out the game easily  , no leader on the park and feel sorry for megs who clearly wasn’t fit from About 30 minutes into the game and played 90 minutes , I don’t know where we go from here 

Went along to the game and it was the first time I had seen Darvel since they beat us back in the championship. 

Was disappointed in their performance but it really was a good tactical coaching and playing performance from Pollok. Pressed at the right times and took their chance when presented. On the opposite hand thought it was poor from Darvel. They never adapted to what Pollok were presenting them with tactically and never really looked like scoring after going a goal down. With the experience that they have at their disposal they certainly looked like they lacked leadership. 

7 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

What manager would want the job when you win 6, draw 2, lose 2 then your fired?? It's not going to be instant sucess, roll in the bunting and accept its going to take a while to create a league topping super side. 

Wind yer neck in pie face. U switched to the Talbot once the money ran out at the Ford. Shocking behaviour that.

What manager would want the job when you win 6, draw 2, lose 2 then your fired?? It's not going to be instant sucess, roll in the bunting and accept its going to take a while to create a league topping super side. 
There's no chance of Kennedy being sacked. Anyone who thinks they will is seriously deluded.