Darvel F C 20/21

Absolute Pish after a good first 15 minutes where we could have been two up but after that only one team in it and they seen out the game easily  , no leader on the park and feel sorry for megs who clearly wasn’t fit from About 30 minutes into the game and played 90 minutes , I don’t know where we go from here 

Absolute Pish after a good first 15 minutes where we could have been two up but after that only one team in it and they seen out the game easily  , no leader on the park and feel sorry for megs who clearly wasn’t fit from About 30 minutes into the game and played 90 minutes , I don’t know where we go from here 
Is this Darvel that were going to sweep all before them and romp through the leagues?
Quicker it all implodes the better.

20 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Oh Darvel legend u do make us laugh at the beginning you were anti Darvel due to the new management team then they made the big signings and u sorted out ur differences and started to belive u lot would win everything easily and now u don't know where u go from here I know where they go from here get used to losing games and accept yous are not good enough to be in with the big boys and learn to walk before u can run 

Again it’s still early doors. Not sure Micks background playing wise but if your signing a lot of senior players the mentality is going to be different as it’s a different game in what was the juniors. If I was Darvel I’d be wanting 35 games under the belt before making any judgement over if something was or wasn’t working. Anyone thinking anyone will run away with this league isn’t clued up on the competitiveness from the relegation spots to champions one. 

2 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

Oh Darvel legend u do make us laugh at the beginning you were anti Darvel due to the new management team then they made the big signings and u sorted out ur differences and started to belive u lot would win everything easily and now u don't know where u go from here I know where they go from here get used to losing games and accept yous are not good enough to be in with the big boys and learn to walk before u can run 

Mate ive always been behind the management team , after all it was me who went and got mick to the club , it’s who’s putting the money into the club I fell out with so let’s get that straight please , I’m a darvel fan and always have been but this team have disappointed me greatly and it’s no the defeat today that gets me as pollok are a good side it’s the way we got beaten that is hard to take 

4 minutes ago, allyg1977 said:

Played and managed at amateur level. Filled his team with ex seniors and guys that should never have been playing amateur. Generally accepted they were amateur in name only. As a result very successful but he’s now a different sized fish in a much bigger pond. 

Fair assessment. Thought your whole back line today were pretty shambolic at times.
Too many touches…. at the wrong times…. in the wrong places. Pollok’s front line worked hard but I’d say most of your mistakes were self inflicted through being too casual / complacent.
Your number 8 looked lively in the first half especially but, when desperation kicked in and you started going long in the second half …. it took the boy right out the game, arguably at the time you needed him most.

Big squad ‘doon the Brae’…. time for some rotation ? At least half your team today didn’t do enough to earn a jersey next week.

2 minutes ago, Barney Killoch said:

Fair assessment. Thought your whole back line today were pretty shambolic at times.
Too many touches…. at the wrong times…. in the wrong places. Pollok’s front line worked hard but I’d say most of your mistakes were self inflicted through being too casual / complacent.
Your number 8 looked lively in the first half especially but, when desperation kicked in and you started going long in the second half …. it took the boy right out the game, arguably at the time you needed him most.

Big squad ‘doon the Brae’…. time for some rotation ? At least half your team today didn’t do enough to earn a jersey next week.

Spot on Andy Stirling had a good first half and for some reason never got a pass second half , wee Chrissie in goals did well , the rest were poor and I get guys can have an off day but I just don’t see any fight and the attitude is questionable or seems Like it , we have not replaced Stephen mcdevitt and until we get someone similar in this season will drift away but I hope im Proven wrong 

Darvel proved today that as a team of individuals they couldnt dig in and work hard to get back in the game. Really supprised at how poor they played as a team. Too much arguing between them and no passion shown to try and win the game. Well played Pollok. Also fantastic crowd today 902.

I have seen 6 out of 10 league games this season and the only time that we have looked good for 90 mins was against Rossvale, for the squad that has been assembled it should be better than that, hardly a player with “junior “ experience in the squad as let’s not be kidded that is still the level we are in, I know there are injuries but every team has them and it’s well documented the size of the squad, the results and performances should be better.

22 minutes ago, geeman82 said:

Did darvel have a shot at goal today.

I hope you don't pay the leftback any money he should be paying to play.

As much as I hate to say it the Talbot will eat darvel if that is what's to offer.

He’s probably one of the best paid in the league 

15 minutes ago, Botlad67 said:

He’s probably one of the best paid in the league 

26 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Spot on Andy Stirling had a good first half and for some reason never got a pass second half , wee Chrissie in goals did well , the rest were poor and I get guys can have an off day but I just don’t see any fight and the attitude is questionable or seems Like it , we have not replaced Stephen mcdevitt and until we get someone similar in this season will drift away but I hope im Proven wrong 

Thought the Darvel keeper had a really good game today and to be honest kept the score line respectable, could have easy been lot more and not for the first time this season I may add …

1 hour ago, Killiepiyo said:

Again it’s still early doors. Not sure Micks background playing wise but if your signing a lot of senior players the mentality is going to be different as it’s a different game in what was the juniors. If I was Darvel I’d be wanting 35 games under the belt before making any judgement over if something was or wasn’t working. Anyone thinking anyone will run away with this league isn’t clued up on the competitiveness from the relegation spots to champions one. 

I agree with this.

There's a lot to be said for having a core of guys who are proven warriors at the level. they have to be un-phased by the four P's - pace, pitches, physical and, erm, phacilities. 

Folk don't like references to the Juniors on here. Progress is happening off-field but what we're watching is essentially the same as Junior football in all of the areas I've mentioned. While it will change over time, the pace of change isn't going to be quick enough to accommodate players who don't really "get" it. 

2 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

What are you and people expecting of Darvel? What do you mean “go from here”?

what I’ve seen so far this season mistakes are costing points not that the team are “pish”

Remember where they come from the championship and everyone that played last season had a false start due to Covid! So me and realistic people still know Darvel being a reasonable new squad have a long way to go

11 minutes ago, Newguy said:

what I’ve seen so far this season mistakes are costing points not that the team are “pish”

Remember where they come from the championship and everyone that played last season had a false start due to Covid! So me and realistic people still know Darvel being a reasonable new squad have a long way to go

That was a Pish performance today and if u will be happy for that team with the money spent no to be in top one you are no expecting the same as me , is that likely ? I’d say next to no chance but as I said earlier I hope im Wrong 

TBH ….. there were times today when your team was ‘pish’. Mistakes….. occasionally or in isolation, do happen however, their frequency and manner today…. especially at the back …. reached the threshold for being ‘pish’.
That…. and the absence of any distinguishable game plan ( other than big punt back to front ) for the last 20-25 mins ….. was equally ‘pish’.
The ‘new squad’ that you mention has, between them….. HUNDREDS of games at senior level.
That of course guarantees you nothing however, that level of experience should at least help you see you through the difficult times every team has in a game…. and really should be better than 4 points from a possible 15.

Sorry if I’m being unrealistic !

16 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

That was a Pish performance today and if u will be happy for that team with the money spent no to be in top one you are no expecting the same as me , is that likely ? I’d say next to no chance but as I said earlier I hope im Wrong 

16 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

A bit disrespectful to Pollock I think, they are the best team Darvel have played so far! Who knows the exact money that’s been spent? There is no way Darvel wining league this season regardless who they have signed. I never said I was happy but I’m realistic with the time it’s going to take