Darvel F C 20/21

9 hours ago, funky monkey said:

Buffs well on top first half. Darvel huffed and puffed second half. I'm biased, but only one team trying to play football. Darvel very back to front, physical side. Both teams had chances, but the 1 0 scoreline probably reflected the balance of play over 90 minutes.

Yip , your definitely biased 😂

1 hour ago, Vale 77 said:

Yip , your definitely biased 😂

Aint we all? In all honesty, these 2 teams play a completely different brand of football. Buffs get the ball on the ground and play, sometimes a wee bit elaborate in front of goal. Darvel were back to front, get the ball as far up the park as possible, didnt play much football until the middle of the second half and even then? Both are effective brands of football, but I know what I would rather watch. Easy to see in that Darvel team boys that could easily play at a much higher level, so why are they at Darvel? 

Aint we all? In all honesty, these 2 teams play a completely different brand of football. Buffs get the ball on the ground and play, sometimes a wee bit elaborate in front of goal. Darvel were back to front, get the ball as far up the park as possible, didnt play much football until the middle of the second half and even then? Both are effective brands of football, but I know what I would rather watch. Easy to see in that Darvel team boys that could easily play at a much higher level, so why are they at Darvel? 
Cos they love killie pies and peri peri chicken. Lol

Mon the papers

Took this game in as a neutral.

Was very impressed at how the Buffs flew out the traps and dominated most of the first half.

Whilst fully deserving their 1-0 HT lead, I have to say that their domination resulted in little (if any) clear cut chances other than the goal.

The second half however was a completely different affair.  Complete role reversal in terms of domination, however how Darvel didn't score 3 or 4, maybe more is beyond me.  A combination of outstanding saves, the woodwork, and just being plain unlucky kept the scoreline from being completely overturned.

Looks like this race could go to the end with these two, with Talbot likely to be right up there gunning for top spot.......without ruling out the likes of Clydebank and Pollok either.

And great to see Kilwinning's new abode, and the improvements they've already made - in particular the floodlights that came on for the second half.

All the best to both teams who clearly belong in the Lowland.

12 hours ago, Bundesliga Boy said:

Took this game in as a neutral.

Was very impressed at how the Buffs flew out the traps and dominated most of the first half.

Whilst fully deserving their 1-0 HT lead, I have to say that their domination resulted in little (if any) clear cut chances other than the goal.

The second half however was a completely different affair.  Complete role reversal in terms of domination, however how Darvel didn't score 3 or 4, maybe more is beyond me.  A combination of outstanding saves, the woodwork, and just being plain unlucky kept the scoreline from being completely overturned.

Looks like this race could go to the end with these two, with Talbot likely to be right up there gunning for top spot.......without ruling out the likes of Clydebank and Pollok either.

And great to see Kilwinning's new abode, and the improvements they've already made - in particular the floodlights that came on for the second half.

All the best to both teams who clearly belong in the Lowland.

Darvel keeper  did have a couple of decent safes to make but other that that a fair assessment 👍