Darvel F C 20/21

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Is the deadline this week or do you have another month like Irvine Meadow?

I think there’s an extension for all clubs mate, we would have been fine for the 23rd but the extension meant we weren’t under pressure. So we took our time as we have decided to replace the park, so want to do things properly 

1 hour ago, Mkennedy said:

I think there’s an extension for all clubs mate, we would have been fine for the 23rd but the extension meant we weren’t under pressure. So we took our time as we have decided to replace the park, so want to do things properly 

Good to hear!

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/03/2021 at 03:21, Black Pennel said:

p.s. Is that another nice wee sitty-inny type bit just along from where the old social club used to be ?

The blue roofed building is a covered enclosure that was in place last season, as in 2019/20, it will hold 200-300 easily

Pish news that last season's SJC has finally been binned. Our visit to Darvel was a very entertaining day out. Was thoroughly looking forward to the replay. Was the last game with fans before lockdown. Seems like a lifetime ago. P.S. floodlights looking good.

2 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

The blue roofed building is a covered enclosure that was in place last season, as in 2019/20, it will hold 200-300 easily

Thanks, but I actually meant the bit with the picnic tables...doesn't matter, I'll see it for myself when we're allowed out to play.

21 minutes ago, Bheaten Castard said:

What’s happened to the pitch ?looks like someone has been on it with a quad 

Presumably due to the floodlights work, but they are ripping up and fixing the entire pitch soon anyway. 

4 hours ago, Bheaten Castard said:

What’s happened to the pitch ?looks like someone has been on it with a quad 

3 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Presumably due to the floodlights work, but they are ripping up and fixing the entire pitch soon anyway. 

Work starts on a new state of the art grass pitch, irrigation and drainage system in the next week or so.....

10 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Thanks, but I actually meant the bit with the picnic tables...doesn't matter, I'll see it for myself when we're allowed out to play.

Thats the bar area, again that was done for the start of 2019/20. I’m not sure of the laws in the WOSL regarding standing  watching the game with a beer in hand or whether that is down to alcohol licensing restrictions.

• 4 months later...

It's going to be a cracker on Wednesday night. I'd imagine, despite our home advantage that Darvel will start as favourites. A good test for the Buffs, see where we are at and if we can bounce back from a wee setback today.