Darvel F C 20/21

Regardless of what the players are getting paid - hopefully there's quite a bit of work done on the ground since my last visit, 2018. Well done on the floodlights, amazing how many clubs are getting lit up - get midweek games with the fans back in ! ! PS just get games played anywhere this season eh.

3 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

Who is the “president “ getting at here? 

image.jpeg

John doesn’t help himself or Darvel coming out with pish like this. Clubs can hardly stop players if they want to play, by loaning them out at least you know you are getting them back. And if he is getting at Talbot then why did they not play in the big Scottish, because I’m sure that brings in a lot more cash than the joke prize money the junior version brings in

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Another classy show eh? Darvel are a club being run by a pair of rentagubs.

No matter what Darvel win, they will never get the respect they deserve when the self appointed ‘President’ comes out with shite like that. He probably sees Talbot as the biggest threat to Scottish Cup glory and would obviously rather they never competed as it would make Darvel favourites 

John doesn’t help himself or Darvel coming out with pish like this. Clubs can hardly stop players if they want to play, by loaning them out at least you know you are getting them back. And if he is getting at Talbot then why did they not play in the big Scottish, because I’m sure that brings in a lot more cash than the joke prize money the junior version brings in
I understand that, due to the late start of the season, the number of clubs outside the SPFL who were permitted to take part in the senior Scottish Cup was very limited. I think it was a ballot for those teams, and those who were unsuccessful got a payout from the SFA equivalent to participation in the opening rounds.

I understand that, due to the late start of the season, the number of clubs outside the SPFL who were permitted to take part in the senior Scottish Cup was very limited. I think it was a ballot for those teams, and those who were unsuccessful got a payout from the SFA equivalent to participation in the opening rounds.
Not true. Every team who was eligible to take part had the chance to. Talbot,Girvan and a few others withdrew.

5 hours ago, Ceejayar said:

Who is the “president “ getting at here? 

image.jpeg

Regardless of the team, this is the rantings of moron with chemicals/ alcohol racing through their bloodstream at 10 07 p.m.

I am and always will be a darvel fan but winning this league this year will mean the square root of f all , like Celtic winning the league without rangers for 4 seasons it means nothing , I’m sure darvel will Win the league but with the money being spent without the talbots the polloks the glens it will hardly be achievement of the season , I also hope they win the Scottish for personal and financial reasons but really how the competition is being played is embarrasing when pollok n Talbot will be playing after a year out and that’s wrong 

If you take issue with Pollok and Talbot pulling out then it's the league you should be angry at. Offered the opportunity to sit out a season with no fans where you would haemorrhage money with no penalty the following season was an absolute no brainer. Had they decided to play, it would have been negligent on the part of the clubs.

Everyone that wanted to keep playing, that's wonderful for them. For my club, the potential risks more than outweighed the benefits (of which there were none)

You Sir should nominate yourself to enter Who wants to be a millionare as you seem to know all the answers to everything

18 minutes ago, paul-r-cfc said:

If you take issue with Pollok and Talbot pulling out then it's the league you should be angry at. Offered the opportunity to sit out a season with no fans where you would haemorrhage money with no penalty the following season was an absolute no brainer. Had they decided to play, it would have been negligent on the part of the clubs.

Everyone that wanted to keep playing, that's wonderful for them. For my club, the potential risks more than outweighed the benefits (of which there were none)

I agree with u whole heartedly , we are at Hogmanay and I can’t see my mum or my grand son but if I was still at darvel I could go and watch a junior team playing football , that just doesn’t make any sense at all but hey ho they carry on regardless 

Not true. Every team who was eligible to take part had the chance to. Talbot,Girvan and a few others withdrew.
I was partly correct. It wasn't a ballot, clubs eligible to play had the right to withdraw and still receive a participation payment equivalent to the round at which they would have entered. I understand that's what Talbot and Girvan did, rather than losing out in a ballot which I incorrectly referred to earlier.

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/scottish-cup-202021-format-confirmed/

11 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

I agree with u whole heartedly , we are at Hogmanay and I can’t see my mum or my grand son but if I was still at darvel I could go and watch a junior team playing football , that just doesn’t make any sense at all but hey ho they carry on regardless 

Excuse my ignorance but I'm unsure what you mean by if still at Darvel you could go and watch
Were you on the coaching staff or on the committee as that's the only way you can watch the game unless you watch it on a live stream.
Obviously only those types of people can go to the games as fans and neutrals cannot and the players, coaching and committee staff are all involved in track and trace so there are precautions in place.  Are there clubs who exploit it, I probably think so but as far as I'm aware its organized but even the more professional teams at a higher level are being caught  out with Covid