Darvel F C 20/21

2 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

There might have been a chance that a Darvel representative could have shed some light. Was money involved, are the two managers good friends, could both clubs want to be seen as bastions of the WOSL. It's a question I'm interested in because the same club had the chance to help out a member club last season but refused.

I blame the fixture man.

18 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

There might have been a chance that a Darvel representative could have shed some light. Was money involved, are the two managers good friends, could both clubs want to be seen as bastions of the WOSL. It's a question I'm interested in because the same club had the chance to help out a member club last season but refused.

Can you not just take a season out as well ?

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

ffs Blackiegold, don't say that, the replies can go down any avenue or any route

M8 I'm bored to tears, just wanted to bam the thread up a bit. I'm absolutely lost at the weekend without the footy. I can't even go and see the mighty Lincoln City.

1 minute ago, Blackie Gold said:

M8 I'm bored to tears, just wanted to bam the thread up a bit. I'm absolutely lost at the weekend without the footy. I can't even go and see the mighty Lincoln City.

We all are bored to tears.
Its crap cause none of us can get to any games.
Just want to get all the teams playing, all the fans back and the carry on and the windups and hopefully no one taking things personal

Except him and her over there >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

12 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Those running this shambles are doing enough to bam it up, thank you.

Maybe they are hoping supporters will be back for return fixture Darvel will have had no income from the game but they Rob Roy might in the return

I've replied on the Rob Roy thread...no real mystery. I hope it clears things up, no preference for Talbot or Darvel from a Rob Roy point of view it was just the circumstances were totally different for us.
Anyway thanks to everyone at Darvel for Saturday, first time I've been back there for 25 years and the place is looking great. I thought it was a really competitive game and played in a good spirit. We were looked after and look forward to hosting them later in the season. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Yogi said:

First real test and the verdict FAILED

Only watched 10-15 mins of the first half but interesting interviews from the buffs manager and player saying they wanted it more, that’s quite concerning. Be good to see if there are any post match interviews from the Darvel Side of things.

44 minutes ago, Ceejayar said:

Only watched 10-15 mins of the first half but interesting interviews from the buffs manager and player saying they wanted it more, that’s quite concerning. Be good to see if there are any post match interviews from the Darvel Side of things.

You only ever see them posting the good stuff. Never a word when a player leaves or when they lose 

49 minutes ago, Darvel legend said:

Not only the performance and the result which was disappointing , but no to have a minutes silence for ex players passing away and it being remembrance weekend is simply not good enough from the club 

The chap presenting the livestream seemed surprised that there was no minutes silence, he announced it but then the game kicked off. 

As for the game, Buffs played very well all over the park, in possession and without the ball. Darvel played some very nice stuff, quality was there for all to see. Criticisms were that they tended to overplay and did look a bit fragile at the back

Credit to the livestream chap, a really good effort and pretty much unbiased too. Good luck to Darvel for the rest of the season. 

1 hour ago, funky monkey said:

The chap presenting the livestream seemed surprised that there was no minutes silence, he announced it but then the game kicked off. 

As for the game, Buffs played very well all over the park, in possession and without the ball. Darvel played some very nice stuff, quality was there for all to see. Criticisms were that they tended to overplay and did look a bit fragile at the back

Credit to the livestream chap, a really good effort and pretty much unbiased too. Good luck to Darvel for the rest of the season. 

Agree with this. Tuned in briefly at the end of the first half and the lad doing the stream did well. These guy working on this need to be applauded for the work they do.