Darvel F C 20/21

23 hours ago, Darvel legend said:

yea seen that and no disrespect to johnstone burgh but friendly or no friendly darvel with the players they have should be winning those type of games , i would have thought they would have been very strong favourites for the title with the quality they have signed  and the teams  that have withdrawn but pres season results dont fill me full of confidence 

You of little faith .The squad which Darvel have assembled will walk the league if they can keep them .Have you not lumped a load of cash on them in the past to win leagues /cups ? With the best squad and manager they have ever had and the so called big guns not competing .I would have thought you would be shouting from the roof tops that the rest are running scared and lump your money on Darvel for a league and  cup double.

3 hours ago, Bheaten Castard said:

You of little faith .The squad which Darvel have assembled will walk the league if they can keep them .Have you not lumped a load of cash on them in the past to win leagues /cups ? With the best squad and manager they have ever had and the so called big guns not competing .I would have thought you would be shouting from the roof tops that the rest are running scared and lump your money on Darvel for a league and  cup double.

Aye I will be that’s why some pre season results concern me ha 

yea seen that and no disrespect to johnstone burgh but friendly or no friendly darvel with the players they have should be winning those type of games , i would have thought they would have been very strong favourites for the title with the quality they have signed  and the teams  that have withdrawn but pres season results dont fill me full of confidence 
Have u changed that statement from so called big boys who have withdrawn from the league cause if u have and who is the so called big boys cause the teams that u call so called have won more than Darvel will ever do dont forget 5 year ago Darvel were nowhere the teams that have withdrawn have won loads over the years Darvel have won nothing and even this year they might win nothing

2 hours ago, allyg1977 said:
On 21/10/2020 at 10:02, Darvel legend said:

Have u changed that statement from so called big boys who have withdrawn from the league cause if u have and who is the so called big boys cause the teams that u call so called have won more than Darvel will ever do dont forget 5 year ago Darvel were nowhere the teams that have withdrawn have won loads over the years Darvel have won nothing and even this year they might win nothing

The 2. Best teams talbot and pollok are not playing ,I thought Darvel would win the league with them in it so without them I expect them to win the league if it’s ever completed but I’ve been wrong before and will be again 

Darvel seem to have a strong squad of players so we shall see how the season pans out.Still a few teams left who might give Darvel a challenge or two.Its unfortunate that it isn’t a full league and business as normal but that will return and then we can assess how teams are doing properly.

5 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

I find it strange that Rob Roy agreed to switch venues when they refused Talbot the same request last season. 

Maybe they wanted gate money last year and with no fans it doesn’t really matter where games are played 

18 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

I find it strange that Rob Roy agreed to switch venues when they refused Talbot the same request last season. 

pmsl, 

I find it strange that we never found the killer of Jon F Kennedy but then again I didn't look into it too deeplyy

That was last season in the junior league when everything was fine and all football went ahead, it s a new season, in a different league and there's a pandemic so what's the problem.   Most teams just want to get a game going, (in all leagues and associations), so there is no backlog incase there might be weeks missing that no football is allowed by the Government.

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

pmsl, 

I find it strange that we never found the killer of Jon F Kennedy but then again I didn't look into it too deeplyy

That was last season in the junior league when everything was fine and all football went ahead, it s a new season, in a different league and there's a pandemic so what's the problem.   Most teams just want to get a game going, (in all leagues and associations), so there is no backlog incase there might be weeks missing that no football is allowed by the Government.

No matter what grade or circumstances they agreed not to switch venues with Talbot who were trying to clear a baglog  but were happy to do the same with another club . Forget the pandemic because that will be the excuse for years to come. All I asked was why it was okay to switch when it was not okay when Talbot made the request.

I find it strange that people cannot understand when a ref puts a home game off there isn't any gate money to be had, regardless of what the league is called.Talbot just wanted to get a game going but it was Rob Roy's  prerogative to choose not to play.

Just now, Blackie Gold said:

No matter what grade or circumstances they agreed not to switch venues with Talbot who were trying to clear a baglog  but were happy to do the same with another club . Forget the pandemic because that will be the excuse for years to come. All I asked was why it was okay to switch when it was not okay when Talbot made the request.

Yeah but its got nothing to do with last year.  How there hell cant you see that.
Its all totally different this year.
They may have different people in their committee with different views as well. Auchinleck is a different team from Darvel and there are no fans allowed.
if you are looking at it objectively then yes its easy to understand.

I haven't a reason why they didn't do that last year but as I said, its all totally different now

12 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Thanks for the sermon but its all ifs and buts and really no answer to what I'm looking for, it would be nice to hear from the Rabs on the subject so I have posted the same question on their thread.

No sermon  as you put it.
if you want a sermon, can easily point you in the right direction as my sermons can be very deep.

I find it strange however, why didn't you post it in the Rabs post then as its your comments is all about Rob Roys decisions and NOT Darvel

There might have been a chance that a Darvel representative could have shed some light. Was money involved, are the two managers good friends, could both clubs want to be seen as bastions of the WOSL. It's a question I'm interested in because the same club had the chance to help out a member club last season but refused.