Darvel F C 20/21

12 hours ago, Crazy Feet said:

He signed on again for the new season I'm sure? Dont remember an announcement saying he had left.

I think he’s away pal, not been many announcements about anything recently, dunno if the social media guys are busy with work or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

the social media side of things has been a shambles for weeks and weeks now , and people in the town are rightly concerned with whats going on , mick is fully committed to the community being in it all together but he wont be getting much help from those around him which isnt right  , its him i feel sorry for as he has built up a very strong squad on paper to take into the new set up and in all  probability its not going to happen this season , that leaves darvel very very  vulnerable as im pretty sure 6 or 7 of their players will walk into league 1 and league 2 sides should they start next month and im sure no other WOS team will be decimated like that , be interesting to see what happens 

15 hours ago, Vale 77 said:

Maybe finally realised after the shambles of the past year  on social media that sometimes best to  keep it shut rather that continually spouting nonsense 🤷‍♂️

It would still be good to hear about what is happening at the club on various fronts🤷🏻‍♂️

the social media side of things has been a shambles for weeks and weeks now , and people in the town are rightly concerned with whats going on , mick is fully committed to the community being in it all together but he wont be getting much help from those around him which isnt right  , its him i feel sorry for as he has built up a very strong squad on paper to take into the new set up and in all  probability its not going to happen this season , that leaves darvel very very  vulnerable as im pretty sure 6 or 7 of their players will walk into league 1 and league 2 sides should they start next month and im sure no other WOS team will be decimated like that , be interesting to see what happens 
Get ur wage bill down a bit then lol.

Mon the papers

Darvel manager seems desperate to get the league started without any fans. Is this because he’s paying his players already and scared he’ll loose them to teams in higher leagues if there’s no football. Almost every other club needs fans in before we start. 

33 minutes ago, South Beach said:

Darvel manager seems desperate to get the league started without any fans. Is this because he’s paying his players already and scared he’ll loose them to teams in higher leagues if there’s no football. Almost every other club needs fans in before we start. 

DL gave the reasons why you are probably right in that assumption. Looks like the wheels are coming off the project so stuff the fans, it seems.

Edited by jimbaxters

To be fair hes not the only manager wanting the season to start there are a few others I've seen wanting it as well.

Fair missing the patter on here from the old social media team .Pity if Darvel lose players to SFL teams though I think most SFL teams are in the same boat.Doubt if all the teams in the SFL will survive this.Darvel and other WOSL teams might benefit from it if they haven’t already have .Remember most teams have scrapped there reserve team .No more experienced pros playing a few 1st team games a season or making up numbers on the bench